PDA

View Full Version : Sword of Hades

IcyMourdor
Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:47 PM
The Sword of Hades was the mystical artifact that bound the many races together. Whoever wielded this sword was in essence, the ruler of the world and could summon an undead army. The Black Rose Knights are sworn protecters of the sword and he who wields it. A man named Jarai became the ruler after the War of the Cloud. Jarai took command of the legions and started to pillage the villages of Trituna. The BRK couldn't stand to have the sword used for evil. They then declared war against Jarai and his undead legions. Jarai easily smashed the BRK, except for one. Mourdor Bloodleaf is the sole survivor of this once proud noblity. He and his elven fiancee, Linnea Askins, fled to the human town of Krad. The story begins a year later after the incident.

This is just the intro to the story. I will continue the story ASAP. I could use some more characters because right now, there are only three characters. Please PM me or post here if you would like to be part of the story and I'll fit you in. Suggestions are always welcome.

Soul Angel
Feb 4th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Say Mourdor that sounds really good! :)
Can't wait to read the story of it, keep it up ;)

007_JamesBond
Feb 5th, 2002, 12:39 PM
It is good, diferent, but good, where is the rest

JC Denton
Feb 5th, 2002, 04:38 PM
you should make that into a computer game.:D
cool storyline.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 5th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Oooohhh snap that's a cool idea!!

IcyMourdor
Feb 5th, 2002, 05:50 PM
I tore my room inside out trying to find that damn disk. I can't find it anywhere. If my friend doesn't have it, I'm going to have to rewrite it. I've already started on the first chapter.

Cannibal Clown
Feb 5th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Put that one pic i drew for you yesterday as a character in your story. I know you love elves in armor.

IcyMourdor
Feb 5th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Sorry, Steve. No access to scanner until Thursday, if lucky. Damn librarians.

Rei
Feb 5th, 2002, 09:07 PM
Now I'm curious...
Not fair you only posted the intro!

IcyMourdor
Feb 5th, 2002, 10:40 PM
The story is told through Mourdor's PoV

Chapter One- The Fountain of Woe

The watchman just finishes lighting the torches of the town. I put on my armor and grab my sword and rush out of the house. Unsure of where I'm going, I run through the streets trying to find my way.

"Where did she say to meet her?" I ask myself as I lean against a building, trying to catch my breath. "Better get moving before she kills me." I keep dashing through the alleys trying to find the fountain. An older woman walks towards me. Well, she's actually younger than me, but she's human.

"You lost, elf?" The lady says. There isn't much respect towards elves in this town.

"Yes, madam. I can't seem to find the town fountain." She looks at me with a troubled look.

"You elves aren't really bright. The fountain is just over there." She points behind her and I see running water.

"Thanks, my lady." I flip her a silver and a run to the fountain. I turn the corner and I was startled. A tall, slender body was rested on the edge of the fountain. Long silver hair flowing down her body. Her hand making waves in the water. I was stunned by her beauty. I slowly approach her. She peers at me out of the corner of her eye.

"It's about time you showed up! Where the heck were you?" I didn't answer, knowing that she'd yell at me for making excuses.

"Sorry. I'm here now, though." I sit next to her on the fountain. We talk for a while to lighten the mood. Then she gets serious.

"Mourdor, when can we go back to our homelands? These people are creul and I'm homesick."

"I don't know if we are able to ever go back. Jarai took control of Polistinai." She falls silent. I decide not to say anything. Three shadowy figures appear from one of the alleys.

"Mourdor Bloodleaf, are you not?" The lead man says abruptly.

"I am him!" I stand waiting a reply. The man shifts his cloak aside. His armor shimmering in the moonlight.

"That crest..." I notice the crest on his armor. "What do you want here?"

"Jarai summons you to appear before him on counts of treason. If you resist, we are forced to carry out your sentence here and now." The man puts his hand on the handle of his sword. I do the same.

"Jarai can come himself if he wants me." I draw my sword. Whatever people were standing around have now fled in terror. Linnea stays seated at the other end of the fountain.

"So be it..." The man signals his two flunkies to attack. While high in skill, these men were awfully arrogant. A couple quick slashes dispatches the two cronies. I turn to where the man was before. Nothing.

"Over here, traitor." I spin around to see that he has Linnea in his clutches.

"Let her go! She is not part of this."

"A fair trade then." He suggests. "If you come with me, she goes free. If not, then, I guess you can imagine that." The words pierce my heart.

"Mourdor, don't do it!"

"Talk all you want, wench! He won't let you die." A burning rage builds up within me.

"I'll do what you wish. Now let her go." I cautiously put my sword away in it's sheath. I slowly walk around the fountain.

"Place your sword in the fountain." He demands. I do as he says. "Pathetic moron!" He quickly slides his dagger across the neck of Linnea. He then hurls her into the water. I couldn't move. I see her body slowly fall into the fountain water.

"I had hoped you were more of a challenge." I pull a dagger from my cloak and charge at the man. He gracefully evades and jumps on top of one of the buildings. "We'll meet again." He dashes across from house to house.

"Get back here!" I scream to no avail. I drop the dagger and hastfully sprint over to the fountain. The water was turning dark red. I pull Linnea out of the water and gently lay her on the ground. Her cut wasn't bad, but her lungs were filling with blood. Her speech was in short gasps.

"It's...not your...fault...Mour...dor." She coughs out blood. Her dress soaken with water and blood.

"Don't speak, Linnea. I'll find a chemist to help."

"Don't bother...I don't have...enough time. Remember...I will...always love...yo...u." Linnea's eyes slowly close. Her breathing stopped.

"Linnea? Linnea? Can you hear me?" I desprately blurt out. "You can't leave me! Linnea, you...can't leave...me." I hold her close to me. Her body already becoming cold. "Why...did this happen to you?" A tear falls from my face and lands on her cheek. A cold rain starts to fall, washing away the blood on the road.

"LINNEA!"

Rei
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:02 PM
OMG! :eek:
This is an awesome beginning for your epic fiction man!
Really! I usually find hard getting involved into long fantasy fictions, because very often they're just copies of famous books/games, but I think your work is very original and well written!
I can't wait to read the next part!

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Yes That Was Great. Although I Am Sad That Linnea Died......But...I Am Sure Mourdor Will Take His Revenge!!!

But Its Really Nice Man!.! I Really Liked It!

Soul Angel
Feb 6th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Wow that was excellent Mourdor! :D
How awful for Linnea to die so soon in the story though :(

But its still an excellent story, I can't wait to read the next chapter!
keep it up! ;)

IcyMourdor
Feb 6th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the kind responses guys. I'll get chapter two up as soon as possible.

JC Denton
Feb 6th, 2002, 04:19 PM
you deserve the responses that was well cool!:D
you should turn it into a book aswell!!!:D

jenova_jeb
Feb 6th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Awesome dude! Too bad about Linnea though. I hope Moudor kicks that stupid guys butt :mad: .

Hylas
Feb 7th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb
Awesome dude! Too bad about Linnea though. I hope Moudor kicks that stupid guys butt :mad: .

Yep! A gret work you did on your story here! And I also hope Mourdor will take his revenge! GRRRRR!!!!

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 7th, 2002, 09:22 PM
Way to start your story out with a bang! Although I'm wondering, I thought that the guy in armor was there to capture Mourdor, so how come he ran away, was he feeling threatened, or just running from the scene of the crime?

IcyMourdor
Feb 8th, 2002, 01:13 PM
The reason why he ran was to lure Mourdor to come. It is easier to get someone to come on their own free will.

BTW, I should have Chapter II up by Sunday.

jenova_jeb
Feb 8th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Can't wait!

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 8th, 2002, 05:22 PM
Ah, I see

IcyMourdor
Feb 9th, 2002, 11:24 AM
That morning at dawn, I buried her on top of the hill outside of town. It didn't surprise that nobody showed up. Well, except for a traveling bard who was curious of what happened.

I kneeled down and wrote on her grave stone.

"Qualistih Aumori." It's elven for eternal love. I bow my head, trying to hold back my tears. The bard has now left, realizing that it was a bad time to be there.

"Farewell, Linneaistah." That was her full elven name. The sun has now fully rose in the sky. Starting to evaporate the rain of nights past. I give a final salute and set out for home, water splashing under my feet.

I finally arrive in front of my home. Tired from staying up all night, I slowly walk up to my door. I reach out to the handle and something was a miss. The door was slightly jared open.

"What now?" I pull out my sword and cautiously make my way into the house. The sun was just reaching over the mountain which the city lies behind. The room gets flooded with light. I have to shade my eyes due to the blinding light off the mirror. A human is sitting in the chair near the window.

"It's not like a BRKnight to have a weapon drawn without a sign of an attacker." The human says, standing. He gets up and makes a formal greeting. Bowing, "I am Valian of Galvorn. I have come here to request your assistance."

"How do you know of my origin and how did you find me?" I ask, starting to put my blade away.

"I have followed for some time now. I know of your skill, techniques, and ability. I want to hire you for a job."

"I am not a lowly mercanery! I cannot be bought."

"Alright, calm down. I didn't mean it that way. I just need someone like you to help me."

I pace around, already distraught from last night, and then I meet this Vailan character. "What is it you request my assistance for? I base my decision on it."

"It's a quest you know all to well. I lust for the power of the Sword." I stop, startled. Those words kept flowing through my head.

"Could you repeat that?"

"I wish to become ruler of this world. I know that if I acquire you as an ally, my dream will be achieved."

I sit down. My head in my hands.

"You know the danger of this mission?"

"Of course, that is why I'm here. A Black Rose Knight knows the fortress and the land better than anyone with thousands of maps."

I ponder about it for a while.

"I will need an answer, sir."

Then, the image of the man last night came into my mind. Seeing Linnea's body falling. My body starts to shiver.

"Are you alright, sir?"

I look up at him.

"Yeah, I'm fine, was caught in the rain last night. Must have a cold."

He shrugs.

"I will accept your plee. I will go with you to fight Jarai. When the time comes, I will find a person. He is probably one of Jarai's highest ranking officers. I will fight him alone. That is my only reason for going."

"That is great to hear. I will make you my partner once we complete our goal."

I lower my head again.

"I will go to purchase some herbs for our travel. Would you mind if we stay at your house tonight? I'm still a little weary from my travel."

"Alright, but be back by nightfall, the watchman will exile you since you are not a citizen."

"Until then, fallwell." He walks off into the town. I get up and walk to my bed. I take off my armor and sword and place them in the corner. I look at the table next to my bed. I notice something shimmer.

"Linnea's pendant..." It was the pendant Linnea gave me when we first fell in love. "What have I gotten myself into now? Going up against Jarai, almost by myself." I put the pendant around my neck.

JC Denton
Feb 9th, 2002, 03:23 PM
keep it up mourdor that was great:D :D
i hope they send jarai to *****.

Soul Angel
Feb 9th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Wow that was very good Mourdor! :)
I can't wait to read the next chapter ;)

Pearl
Feb 10th, 2002, 06:37 AM
This is probably one of the best fan fictions based on original story I've read so far!

IcyMourdor
Feb 10th, 2002, 09:10 AM
Thanks guys for the good sayings.

jenova_jeb
Feb 10th, 2002, 11:44 AM
I want another!!!!:)

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 10th, 2002, 12:24 PM
:)

JC Denton
Feb 16th, 2002, 04:44 PM
when are you putting the next part up?:D

IcyMourdor
Feb 17th, 2002, 01:19 PM
It might not be for a while, folks. I've been busying writing essays for my AP English class and I've been under a little stress lately.

I haven't forgotten about it, just been busy. I will try and get Chapter 3 up ASAP.

jenova_jeb
Feb 17th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Can't wait for it! But don't stress yourself out man. Take it at your own pace :) .