PDA

View Full Version : The Future Of NextGen Consoles.

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:58 PM
Ok, I Remember Reading This In A Magazine. They Were Talking About "Next" Gen Consoles....That Is.... Xbox2 .. Another System From GameCube And From Sony.

They Said......That There Are Very Little Chances For Xbox2...But There Is A Hope. Microsoft Is Said To Be Working For This So Called "Super" Machine .... "Homestation"........ I Saw Its Picture (The Demo Picture) And It Didn't Look That "Great". Neways..

GameCube Has Not Said Anything About Its Future ..... That Is Its Next System As GameCube Is Still VERY New........Among Titles And Everything.

As For Sony.......... As We All Know.....Sony's Next Console Is Already In The Works......And Is Suppose To Be 1000 Times Faster Then Ps2. And For Some Reason.....Its Not Going To Be Called "Playstation3"...... This Is What I Heard. They Are Gonna Call It "The Cell"...... Or Only "Cell".......Something Like That! Wierd Isn't It?

Lord_Of_NoTiNg
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:29 PM
I saw some where that sony said they will keep the playstation name for the next console too.

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Of_NoTiNg
I saw some where that sony said they will keep the playstation name for the next console too.
You Could Be Right As Well, Cause Thats What I Heard Too... That After PS2. PS3 Would Come Out. But I Remember Very Well That They Said......People Are Talking That It Just Might Called In For "Cell"..... Its A Rumour. So It Could Be True ...... And It Could False Too!

Lord_Of_NoTiNg
Aug 10th, 2002, 10:59 PM
I would like it more if the name is going to be playstation3 instead of cell or the cell :cool:

MakgSnake
Aug 11th, 2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Of_NoTiNg
I would like it more if the name is going to be playstation3 instead of cell or the cell :cool:
I Agree With U On That!.! ......... But I Wouldn't Mind If Sony Changes The Name......I Mean Something Else Other Then "Cell".......... Something New....... I Mean Something Better Then The Best Which Is "Playstation"........ :)

Beretta55
Aug 11th, 2002, 04:57 AM
oh my god!! Cell from DBZ has gone console form to take over our mind's!!!! jk jk:laugh: but i think PS3 sound's alot better then the Cell.

jjmoohead
Aug 11th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Hey what about "Playstation: Cell"

AsylumEscapee
Aug 11th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Uh, I think Cells the chip.. or something.. CPU-whatever.
I doubt they would take away the PlayStation name. PlayStation has a large number of fans. And plenty of people will buy it simply because it is the next PlayStation.
Originally posted by jjmoohead
..That works.

MakgSnake
Aug 11th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
Haha...Nice. But I Think It Would Just Be Funny, Its Like "Sony" Telling Its Playstation..... "SELL, BABY, GO SELLL!! YEAH!!" LOL!

PSC!..... Hmm Not Bad!

Lord_Of_NoTiNg
Aug 12th, 2002, 11:10 AM
I read some where that MS will call their Xbox2, Homestation
dunno if its true but that would be weird:laugh:

MakgSnake
Aug 12th, 2002, 11:51 AM
..... Well I Dont Know About That..... "Homestation".. Is Something New..... It'll Contain XBOX In it... With Having A "PC" As Well........... And TIVO.... Thats What I Heard...long Time Back.

As For Xbox2........ I Have No Idea....If Its Coming Out Or Not!.!

KraftSLU
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:53 PM
The 'Homestation' is being developed under the name 'Project Freon' because it is supposedly one of the coolest projects on earth. hahaha.... whatever. Makg was right, its an xbox/pc/tivo/whatever else wrapped all up into one. The next MS system is probably going to come out in 2005 though there hasn't been a whole lot said about it.

Spank-A-Thon
Aug 13th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Incidentally, the X-Box was originally called the 'Homestation' during development...

Just thought I'd throw that one in...

- S

MakgSnake
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Incidentally, the X-Box was originally called the 'Homestation' during development...

Just thought I'd throw that one in...

- S
But Spank I Read In "Sept 2002" Issue...That Homestation Is Still In The Works..... I Even Saw The "DEMO" Pics Of The Machine..... Looked Horrible Though!.!

Just Thought I'd Tell Ya!

Spank-A-Thon
Aug 14th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

But Spank I Read In "Sept 2002" Issue...That Homestation Is Still In The Works..... I Even Saw The "DEMO" Pics Of The Machine..... Looked Horrible Though!.!

Just Thought I'd Tell Ya! That's kind of true...

The original X-Box was codenamed Homestation and was intended to be the entertainment hub of the home. At somepoint during development, probably when MS realised that the network infrstructure for such a device was still many years off, MS reduced the scope of the Homestation and gave us what we now know as the X-Box.

The original Homestation premise (i.e. Entertainment hub) is being resurrected for X-Box2/new Homestation...

So with this in mind we are both correct!

As a side point, I cannot see MS releasing something called 'Homestation' as I would imagine SONY would jump all over them for the similarity to Playstation...

- S

MakgSnake
Aug 14th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
As a side point, I cannot see MS releasing something called 'Homestation' as I would imagine SONY would jump all over them for the similarity to Playstation...

- S
Yeah I Hope Sony Sue Them BAD And Make The MS Go BankKrupt! heheheh........

No, But Atleast Take Some Action Against Its So GAY Name!

ZeroBeat77
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:16 PM
there's goin to be hella consoles in the future as we no it,there should be 1 console teamed up from every like sony microsft etc., and make games so every 1 won't get mad for games they cant play for thier console.

jjmoohead
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:34 PM
I dont get mad if there is a game on another console I cant play, I just rent the system for a few days, cost like $5 and then play it take it back write a nasty review and go on with my life.

hahaha

nah but seriously, I will rent a game if its that big a deal, or just to try it and see what the hype is all about. Most of the time its just hype.

MakgSnake
Aug 17th, 2002, 12:15 AM
Hey Guys, Ps3 Wont Be Called "The CELL" But It Would Have A CHIP. A New Technology (As Seen On Another "SSSnake's" Thread) Made By Sony, Toshiba, IBM.

Pretty Cool Eh!

RichHo
Aug 21st, 2002, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Hey Guys, Ps3 Wont Be Called "The CELL" But It Would Have A CHIP. A New Technology (As Seen On Another "SSSnake's" Thread) Made By Sony, Toshiba, IBM.

Pretty Cool Eh!

Hehe, that sounds pretty cool. As for the name of the PS3, The Cell sounds really poor for a console name.

MakgSnake
Aug 21st, 2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by RichHo

Hehe, that sounds pretty cool. As for the name of the PS3, The Cell sounds really poor for a console name.
Yeah True About That, But Hey Look XBOX Sounds So Poor And Rubbish For A Console Name (Thats My Opinion) But Hey Look, People Are Still Liking It!.! (The Name I Mean)

Vicious
Dec 14th, 2002, 11:27 PM
X Box is such a generic name. Whenever somebody makes somethin and they dont know what to call it, they just add an "X" to the front of the word and thats what they call it. X Box is such a lame name.:disturb: :disturb: :disturb:

KraftSLU
Dec 15th, 2002, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by LiquidSnake1231

X Box is such a generic name. Whenever somebody makes somethin and they dont know what to call it, they just add an "X" to the front of the word and thats what they call it. X Box is such a lame name.:disturb: :disturb: :disturb:

Oh friggin well. The name really doesn't play too huge of a role on how a system does. I thought 'Saturn' and 'Dreamcast' were cool names. Fat lotta good that did sega. Then there is Nintendo who brainstormed up the incredible name "Nintendo Entertainment System". Zero work put into that name, yet the system was wildly successful.

Sword 4 Hire
Dec 15th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Very good point...

Name really doesn't matter to me

Beretta55
Dec 15th, 2002, 02:59 PM
since when the hell does it matter what a system is called? it's not even the system that matter's for christ sake's. It's all about the game's if a system has crap game's nobody will buy the system and it's game's. oh well that's just my 2 cent's.

MakgSnake
Dec 15th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

Oh friggin well. The name really doesn't play too huge of a role on how a system does.
You are right, name doesn't matter how system does.... but we are just saying its a bad name for a console in my opinion atleast.

I even thought Playstation2 wasn't that great. But Playstation was a great one, and it did soooo well in the market they had to release a sequel to the system and now its getting another one. Oh well......I dont mind. I love the Playstation Name....... and 1, 2, 3 doesn't really bother me much. :)

Spank-A-Thon
Dec 15th, 2002, 06:44 PM
I don't think SONY could release a successor to PS2 without calling it some form of PlayStation. PlayStation is now pretty much a brand name, just like GameBoy. I think it would be a mistake for them to consider naming it anything else.

I also wouldn't be suprised if MS try to maintain the XBox brand. It would also make sense for Nintendo, if they stay in the hardware business, to maintain the GameCube brand - especially given how well it sits with GameBoy.

It really wouldn't bother me if I was buying 'The Cell' or 'PlayStation 3' - but from a consumer perspective, I think it's better to keep the PlayStation name.

- S

dan da man
Dec 15th, 2002, 06:51 PM
^
^
i agree!!!! if i was sony i would keep it as playstation 3/ps3:)

MakgSnake
Dec 15th, 2002, 06:52 PM
I think Sony will name its next console Playstation3 for sure. We all know that, but I think they will be promote "The Cell" technology to some extent at the same time. Like on the Ps3 box and on games there would be "The Cell" written somewhere here and there.

But then again....its just a guess.

dan da man
Dec 15th, 2002, 06:56 PM
^
^
i dont know might be a good guess

btw makg everytime i see your sig i get excited:laugh: :cool:

MakgSnake
Dec 15th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
btw makg everytime i see your sig i get excited:laugh: :cool:
Thanks man :) , I am excited too about this one especially.....MGS3!!! :D :D

dan da man
Dec 15th, 2002, 07:11 PM
makg are u going to the E3? damn i wish i could but its all the way over at the states (right?)
oh and at the E3 will hidoe kojima mention the mgs online too aswell as mgs3

MakgSnake
Dec 15th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

makg are u going to the E3? damn i wish i could but its all the way over at the states (right?)
oh and at the E3 will hidoe kojima mention the mgs online too aswell as mgs3
Well I do have plans on going to California in April, so I might as well go a little late in May to check it out. Nothing is for sure right now. But I think to check Kojima's conference and all, you need high level passes, which I doubt I'll get. There is a public open day as well... 18+ only allowed, I am cool with that!

As for Metal Gear Online....... I am pretty damn sure Kojima will pass some serious comments on the online project. I hope he does.

Ok back on topic..... So yeah, Ps3 sounds good as a name for a console. I just hope they make it if Not more, as sexy as the PS2!!! :D

Beretta55
Dec 15th, 2002, 07:22 PM
mmmmmmmm.....ps3....sexy console....ps3 i can dig it!:laugh:

but my comment's on MGS online is that maybe it's like a battle royal type game. first person mode or third person. like assalut the base the terriost's set up a base and a elite few have to take the base over. or just full out war two team's of foxhound agent's then bad guy's fight to the death the last person standing win's....but that's just my view.