PDA

View Full Version : Some Info On Metal Gear Solid "3"

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Kojima Talked About "Metal Gear Solid 3".. Not Very Specifically. But He Did Assure That It'll Be... "Online". The Game Would Be More Like A "Survival" Game...We All Know That.

That Is... When U'll Play MGS3.....U'd Be Not The Only Solid Snake. But There Would Be Many OTHERS As Well (AS U'll Be Playing It Online)... And U Not Only Have To Be The Quitest, But The Best As Well....... U'll Have To Out Do The Other "Solid Snakes" Online. And Win The Game!.! I Serioulsy Dont Like The Idea, That Is If Its Completely Online. ..... But Hey All This Was The Good News!.!

But Some News Has Come By..Saying. "There Are Possibilities That Metal Gear Solid 3 Would Come Out On "Playstation3" And Not "Playstation2".

Now Dont U Think Thats Lame....Stupid....And Totally "NOT GOOD".

I Hope Its Not True!.! Cause We All "Can" Wait For "Playstation3", But We "Can't" Wait For "Metal Gear Solid 3". Can We?

Si|ent
Aug 10th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Is there gonna be a 1 player off line included wiht the game of only online?

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Si|ent
Is there gonna be a 1 player off line included wiht the game of only online?
That Is Something I Dont Know. Most Probably There Is Going To Be "One" Player Without Online. But Kojima Keeps Saying That Its ONLINE Online. And Stuff Like That....Which Scares Me Alot!.! Cause I Am Not A BIG Fan Of Online Gaming!

Frozen
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:39 PM
I just pray that the online thing will be an option and not a requisite to beat the game. Because if it is, then it will suck so much. And moreover..... shame to Kojima if he won't release MGS 3 for PS 2. That would be dirty of him.

MakgSnake
Aug 11th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
And moreover..... shame to Kojima if he won't release MGS 3 for PS 2. That would be dirty of him.
True, I Would Start Disliking Him...For This Reason. But Hey... Kojima Told "US" That He Wont Be Doing Another Metal Gear.... But Would Do Only The "Planning" For MGS3. But Still He Keeps Saying "Online" With it. So He Must Be Working On .................... That Guy Never Comes Out Straight! :mad:

So If Kojima Is Not Directing Metal Gear Solid 3. It All Depends On The NEW Guy, Whether He'd Like To Release It On PS2 Or PS3.

And I Will Pray For MGS3 Being Not Only "ONLINE"...

Frozen
Aug 13th, 2002, 02:28 AM
I’m sorry if I am too ignorant, but who is this NEW GUY you are talking about? A new guy in the Konami staff or what?

merylsilverburg
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:07 AM
I’m sorry if I am too ignorant, but who is this NEW GUY you are talking about? A new guy in the Konami staff or what?

I'm not too sure, but I know that Kojima passed on all his MGS "knowledge" over to his team and like Makg said, this NEW GUY. I am disappointed by the news of MGS3 having a possibility of being online, because like you and Makg, I'm also not a fan of online gaming. :( I dunno....the MGS series just seems like an intimate game....just between you and the main character (either Raiden or Snake), ya know? You get to control the main character any way you like and the story is personal to everyone in a different way...but if you put the series online....the feeling will be gone. At least in my opinion.....does anyone understand me? :P

MakgSnake
Aug 13th, 2002, 08:13 AM
This Is A Mystery My Friend. A NEW Guy Would Be Directing ........ Metal Gear Solid 3. Not Kojima, Thats What Coming Up In The News And That Why Kojima Keeps Saying! "I Wont Be Doing Anymore Metal Gear Games, I Want To Concentrate On Other Games As Well".......... So Its All Up To This New Guy

And Meryl I TOTALLY agree With U On What U said..... MGS Is More Like A Connection Between The Main Character And The "GAMER"...... They Make U Feel like Ure Actually The MAIN Person And Its U Whos Playing, Make U Truly Feel Hero Of The GAME! And With ONLINE.... That Magic Just Might Run Away!

Frozen
Aug 15th, 2002, 12:38 AM
Oh, so Kojima is leaving? That's real bad news, I think. He is a jester and a tricker, but, that is forgiven to him, because he is a GENIUS.

I wonder if the new guy will do as good a job as well as Kojima......

But alas, yeah, it's a real bad feeling I got about the online thing.....

And I absolutely agree with what you both Meryl-chan and MakgSnake say, that feeling of being connected with the main character will disappear if they make it online. I pray to god they won't.

As I have already said, maybe in this thread or in a related other, the online thing should be only an OPTIONAL FEATURE, but not the medium or the base of that game (or any other game)

merylsilverburg
Aug 15th, 2002, 05:19 AM
Oh, so Kojima is leaving? That's real bad news, I think. He is a jester and a tricker, but, that is forgiven to him, because he is a GENIUS.

*nods* Mm-hm, Kojima is God that's why he thinks he can get away with everything. j/k :laugh: Yeah, Kojima-sensei said he was going to start making a game that feature a father-son relationship. He also said that working on the MGS series, though he enjoyed it, took a lot of time out of being with his family and he's lost so much sleep. I think I read somewhere that he only slept about 3 hours a night when MGS2 was in the making. :(

I wonder if the new guy will do as good a job as well as Kojima......

Let's hope so, otherwise the new game might not live up to everyone's expectations.

As I have already said, maybe in this thread or in a related other, the online thing should be only an OPTIONAL FEATURE, but not the medium or the base of that game (or any other game)

If they were going to make an online game, I wonder if they will even bother to take the time to make online optional or not. I mean, they might think that everyone wants to go online, so that thought might not come across to them.

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
If they were going to make an online game, I wonder if they will even bother to take the time to make online optional or not. I mean, they might think that everyone wants to go online, so that thought might not come across to them.
But It All Depends On The Majority Of People. I Mean What If Konami Does A Survey And Majority Of People Tick On "We Want FULL ONLINE GAME". ........... Then What'll Happen. People Like Us Can Then Just Sit And Play Metal Gear Without Its True Magic, The Sense Of Reality In Solid Snake's Life! :(

merylsilverburg
Aug 15th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

But It All Depends On The Majority Of People. I Mean What If Konami Does A Survey And Majority Of People Tick On "We Want FULL ONLINE GAME". ........... Then What'll Happen. People Like Us Can Then Just Sit And Play Metal Gear Without Its True Magic, The Sense Of Reality In Solid Snake's Life! :(

If that happens, I'll cry. j/k :laugh: No, it'll really suck if it does happen that way, but if it does, it can't be helped...I guess we'll all have no choice but to go out and purchase all the online gear. :(

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 09:46 PM
Yeah True Meryl, Thats What Every MGS Fan Would Do And Also People Are Already Intrested In Online Gaming. We Would Have No Other Option But To "Buy" The Online Gear And Experience The Magic (That Is If It'll Be Magic)