PDA

View Full Version : Would U Still Enjoy Substance!?

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Ok This Is What I Read.... Latest About MGS2. All This Time I Thought Of Something Else......Till I Read That.

Snake's Tale........Are Stories That Will Revolve Around Solid Snake. Ok Thats Great. Simply Outstanding. And Some Of Em Will Be Short, Medium And LOONG! Very Good.

But None Of This Will Have To Do.....With "Sons Of Liberty".

That Part In Which Snake Is Saving...."Emma".......In That Story, Emma Wouldn't Be The EMMA We Know.....She'd Be Someone Else. A Totally Different Story. And Same Goes For Meryl!.!

I Mean How STUPID Can That BE?......Thats Bull [email protected].

I Was Waiting For Substance To See The "Other" Side Of the Story. Where Snake Does All The Things..... Where We CONTROL Snake In "Sons Of Liberty".... But Thats Not Gonna Happen!.!

Damn....I Am Pissed!:mad:

Frozen
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:44 PM
I thought that in Substance you would play as Snake on the events that happen at the mean time you'd be playing as Raiden. And I thought that would be pretty cool. And about Meryl.... I always asked myself what happened with her. Did she marry Snake or something..... or did they just split apart after they had some fun together? Is she also a member of Philantropy? (is that the correct name?)

But yes, if they jsut change the story accomodating Snake as the protagonist, I won't like it that much. Ah, I don't know. But I know that I'll buy Substance anyways. That's where Kojima tricked us all.

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
But yes, if they jsut change the story accomodating Snake as the protagonist, I won't like it that much. Ah, I don't know. But I know that I'll buy Substance anyways. That's where Kojima tricked us all.
Your Right. He Did Trick Us.... And I Think He Is Gonna Do That For A Long Time To Come. Its Not The First Time. Even I Am Not "THAT" Excited After Reading ALL This. I Mean ..... I Wanted To Know about "Solid Snake".......Through His SAGA, Through The ACTUAL Story Line Of Metal Gear Solid Series. Not By Just SMALL Stories, Which Has NOTHING To Do With "Solid Snake's" Actual Life. ........ Damn!! Really MAKES ME MAD! :mad:

merylsilverburg
Aug 11th, 2002, 04:12 AM
I agree with you Makg. I'm pretty pissed about that and I don't understand why Kojima would do that. It really makes no sense, honestly, since I read somewhere that since MGS2 wasn't perfect, Substance would make up for it. However, I would still get it anyway, just because it's still a "new" game with more of Snake in it. :)

MakgSnake
Aug 11th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
However, I would still get it anyway, just because it's still a "new" game with more of Snake in it. :)
Yup, Thats The Only REASON Everybody Is Planning On Gettin Substance. Cause Atleast Theres Gonna Be A Little Bit Of More SNAKE. But Still.......I Am Disappointed To Hear That We Wont Get To See "The Other Side Of The Story". :disturb:

Frozen
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Yup, Thats The Only REASON Everybody Is Planning On Gettin Substance. Cause Atleast Theres Gonna Be A Little Bit Of More SNAKE. But Still.......I Am Disappointed To Hear That We Wont Get To See "The Other Side Of The Story". :disturb:

Yes that sucks. What you said about "seeing more of Snake's life" is what I was actually expectin in a first place with MGS 2. Metal Gear without Snake would be NOTHING.

Would this "Snake Tales" include stuff like that he lived in the events before the first Metal Gear Solid? Or just invented stuff??

MakgSnake
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Would this "Snake Tales" include stuff like that he lived in the events before the first Metal Gear Solid? Or just invented stuff??
Just Invented Stuff Frozen.... Cause Like I Said..... Snake Would Meet Up With EMMA, But Emma Wont Be The EMMA We Know, She Wouldn't Be Otacon's Sister, But Someone New. It Would Be A Small "Episode" Of Solid Snake, Not Relating To His "Real" Actual Life "SAGA". I Know......It Sounds Horrible!

Frozen
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Oh, Emma won't be Otacon's sister?? :shock: She won't be E.E ? That sounds horrible. I thought it'd be just a different succesion of events..... then now that's what explains Meryl's presence there..... so the story will be completely different, I'm afraid.

Now let's just hope that Kojima won't do the same thing with MGS 3..... Raiden as the protagonist, and then he'd release MGS 3 Substance :disturb:

MakgSnake
Aug 11th, 2002, 03:47 PM
Now let's just hope that Kojima won't do the same thing with MGS 3..... Raiden as the protagonist, and then he'd release MGS 3 Substance :disturb:
:laugh: That Sounds Soo Funny......hahaha. But Hey.....It Could Become Real.......And Then A Nightmare For All Of Us!:weep: :blink:

Frozen
Aug 12th, 2002, 01:02 AM
I know, that sounded funny although I was quite serious about it :laugh: But as you say, it could happen, but worst of all is that we all would buy it without doubt, would we not?

MakgSnake
Aug 12th, 2002, 10:33 AM
I Would Buy It For Sure......But First I Wanna Get My Hands On Substance And See If It Really Is Something "Amazing"

merylsilverburg
Aug 13th, 2002, 03:51 AM
Yeah, I agree with you guys, but this "MGS2 Substance" may not turn out as bad as we think. I mean, yeah, I'm pissed as hell that I'm turning red :frust: about the whole change in plans, but maybe it may turn out good or maybe Kojima is just saving the good stuff for MGS3, you'll never know. ;)

BTW, maybe my info is wrong, but here's my theory why the plans changed on "Substance":
"MGS2 Substance" is supposed to be released for the Xbox first, then the PS2. So, what I'm thinking is....since no one on the Xbox has ever played MGS or MGS2, Kojima decided to change the plans of "Substance" in order for the Xbox players not to be confused. That's why there's new stories and characters concerning Snake instead of the MGS2:SoL storyline. What do you guys think?

Frozen: :laugh: I also thought what you said about "MGS3: Substance" was funny and it's possible for it to happen, if MGS3 isn't perfect.

jbaseley
Aug 15th, 2002, 01:07 AM
that would suck i was really looking forward to substance.

MakgSnake
Aug 15th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
BTW, maybe my info is wrong, but here's my theory why the plans changed on "Substance":
"MGS2 Substance" is supposed to be released for the Xbox first, then the PS2. So, what I'm thinking is....since no one on the Xbox has ever played MGS or MGS2, Kojima decided to change the plans of "Substance" in order for the Xbox players not to be confused. That's why there's new stories and characters concerning Snake instead of the MGS2:SoL storyline. What do you guys think?
Sounds Pretty Decent To Me. U Could Be Right Too. Cause Its TRUE That XBOX Gamers Would Be Totally Confused With SOL. Althought SOL Has A Storyline Which Introduces All The Characters And The Game Is Made In A Way That Even If Uve Not Played The First Part, U'd Understand This One!.!

But Meryl U Could Be Right!.!