PDA

View Full Version : I Dont Get It!

MakgSnake
Aug 7th, 2002, 03:19 PM
I Dont Get This One Thing, Why Is Ps2 Always The Machine That Sacrifice Everything.

We Have Games On XBOX, Which When I See In The MAG Says Big On Ure FACE "Only On XBOX".......... Makes Me Mad At Times, And Then There Are Games On GameCube Doing The Same Thing. But Ps2 The Most Generous Machine, Never Having A Game That Says "Only On Playstation2".......... Cause Even If There Are Some Games That Are Only On Ps2 Will Eventually Come Out On Other Consoles!.!.............

Its Kinda Unfair.. But I Know They Wanna Make Money In That Manner.

But It Just Makes Me Feel Not So Good When XBOX And GameCube Gets Game That Are Going To Come Only On Those System.

Thank God SCEA Games Doesn't Come Out On Other Consoles. Thank God Theres A Limit On That!

KraftSLU
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Umm... I've seen PS2 ads that say 'PS2 Exclusive' on them. But if there wasn't, and MS and nintendo were making extra money in this fashion off of exclusive titles... I would just have to laugh at sony for not jumping on the advertising exclusive games bandwagon.

p.s. Whats up with the captializing every letter thing?

jjmoohead
Aug 7th, 2002, 10:13 PM
The reason for that is simple,

The Xbox and Gamecube are so far behind in the market they they attempt to sell more by pasting those adds right on the box or on the magazine.

Sony doesn't need to do this cause for the most part if your not into PS2 by now, you won't be. Sure there are a lot that will still by them, but if your anti Ps2 by now, havcing them make one game is not going to make you fork out the money for the system.

Xbox needs all the help they can get and releasing a exclusive title will hopfully up console sales, but for me if i really want to play it, ill rent one for the week for $20, beat the game and move on.

MakgSnake
Aug 8th, 2002, 12:32 AM
.Hmmmm.........Well Yeah Thats TRUE...That Xbox And GC Has To Come Up In The Market......And They Do These "ONLY On" For That....But Still....Xbox And GC Is Giving Ps2 A Tough Time Still. There Should Be Games Like That Only Comes To Ps2

I Thought Metal Gear Series Was Exclusive To PS2....But No Longer It Is.

ps: And Its Just My Style Capatalizing Every First Letter Of My Word!

Ruby Moon
Aug 10th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
The Xbox and Gamecube are so far behind in the market they they attempt to sell more by pasting those adds right on the box or on the magazine.

Sony doesn't need to do this cause for the most part if your not into PS2 by now, you won't be. Sure there are a lot that will still by them, but if your anti Ps2 by now, havcing them make one game is not going to make you fork out the money for the system.

That's what I think too. XBox and GC can't beat PS2 for the number of consoles sold, so they have to work on the possibility of having original and exclusive titles. It's a strategy Sony doesn't need at the moment, because they released their console more than one year before Microsoft and Nintendo. They do have a large number of exclusive regarding games, but they didn't need to say it because they were the only ones. Now that the new consoles are out, they need these kind of advertising strategies in order to not be erased from the market, and this can't happen to Sony with all the consoles they sold during the last year.

Si|ent
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:18 PM
I wonder what would happen if PS2 kept its games as exclusives do you think people would then just turn to buying a ps2 or no??

O anyways back on the subject lol the PS2 and XBOX loose money everytime they make a PS2 because they make the machine and sell them for cheap in hopes of recovering the funds lost threw games and a way to reassure that they will gain money back off that is to sell the titles to other systems too hence is why you see PS2 and other systems swapping titles.

Just one of my theorys lol.

MakgSnake
Aug 10th, 2002, 07:32 PM
I Just Found Out That..... "Square" Is What "Resident Evil" Is To GameCube.

So That Means........Final Fantasy Series Would Be Seen Only On Ps2! Hmm....I Like The Sound Of It!.! Pretty Cool!.!

And Yeah You Guys Are Right... That Sony Doesn't Need That Kind Of Strategy..... To Make "Only Ps2" Titles. Ps2 Is Ruling The Planet At The Moment!

Beretta55
Aug 11th, 2002, 04:51 AM
i found out that the GTA games are only PS2 i read it off my GI i dont know if anyone care's i thought i would just point that out.

jjmoohead
Aug 11th, 2002, 08:51 AM
There are more "only Ps2" games then you think, mostly 3rd party games.

Xbox and game Cube are still yet to have the 3rd party support that the ps2 has.

I wouldn't say PS2 doesn't put exclusive on the box's these days, but they never had to before.

kupoartist
Aug 11th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I Just Found Out That..... "Square" Is What "Resident Evil" Is To GameCube.

Sorry for my Ditzness here, but do you mean that Square's games are like Resident Evil because they have moved on from one console (Nintendo) to another (Sony?)

Actually what Am I saying :/ .. that sadly isn't true anymore anyway, as Final Fantasy is no longer PS2 exclusive, with FF games are also confirmed for:
GBA (Tactics and Crystal Chronicles)
GC (Crystal Chronicles)
Wonderswan Color (FF3)
PC (FFXI)

All thats a bit of a bum, but at least in that case the PSX does get exclusive titles that other systems don't (but they get theirs as well of course :/ )

Anyways, I guess the reason they don't make a big deal of exclusives on the packaging, is that they simply don't need to, in fact no-one really needs to. But at the top of the market it probably wouldn't get anymore PS2s sold anyway...

MakgSnake
Aug 12th, 2002, 11:45 PM
Hmmmmm.Thats Strange Cause I Have A MAG Which Says......"Final Fantasy Is PS2 Exclusive"....... So It Wasn't Square But FF..... But Then Ure Saying All Those FF Games Coming Out On DIFF Platforms...... "Scratches Head".....

kupoartist
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:29 PM
I suppose the statement in the magazine could actually be true: The Nintendo games aren't out in Japan yet, and aren't confirmed for release anywhere else, Similarly the Wonderswan Colour will likely never see International release (FF1, FF2 and FF4 are out already though)
The only exception is FFXI, which has been confirmed for international PC release, but then the PC isn't an owned platform and people never consider it in direct competition with a console.

In that sense, at this moment, FF is a Sony exclusive in everywhere but Japan, though it won't be long until at least Tactics sees an international release...

jjmoohead
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:50 PM
From what I understand, FFXI is Ps2 and PC. So i say thats exclusive cause ps2 is the only console to have it.

In the future games could go either way to any system even if they are exclusive now. Look at FF series for starters. It was only nintedo back in the day with the first few. Then into playstation and then into computer. The computer has not got all the games though and I'm sure at some point gamecube or xbox may get there hands on an FF game, only time will tell.