PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Hearts US Release date... and news on extras

kupoartist
Aug 5th, 2002, 12:23 PM
The Kingdom Hearts release date is September 17th in the US. More significantly : new difficulty levels (normal and expert) and new bosses will be added. No doubt a few people will be thrilled to find that one of them is FFVII's Sephiroth...

AsylumEscapee
Aug 5th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Ugh, I don't want to see Sephiroth and Donald Duck in the same screen. It's just, odd.

merylsilverburg
Aug 6th, 2002, 05:13 AM
I'm excited about this game...can't wait to try it, thanks for the date, the_artist. :) This may be off topic, but does anyone else here feel disgusted about some of the voice actors being used for some of the characters in the game? Like....Mandy Moore or Lance Bass, for example? :disturb:

AsylumEscapee
Aug 6th, 2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I'm excited about this game...can't wait to try it, thanks for the date, the_artist. :) This may be off topic, but does anyone else here feel disgusted about some of the voice actors being used for some of the characters in the game? Like....Mandy Moore or Lance Bass, for example? :disturb:
It just keeps getting worse. I don't see why people are exited about this game.

kupoartist
Aug 6th, 2002, 12:49 PM
It's a matter of personal taste. Those who're looking foward to it like the idea of Disney and Squaresoft comming together, or that Squaresoft are actually doing somthing other than Final Fantasy for once... People who don't think much about it, simply don't like the idea. Though I can't honestly see why anyone should totally berate the game altogether. Hands up all who've played it? Exactly.

As for the voice acting... It seems strange to me why Squaresoft have such trouble getting excellent voice talent... though perhaps Haley Joel was too expensive ^_^ "I see Bambi's mom... all the time..."

merylsilverburg
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by the_artist
It's a matter of personal taste. Those who're looking foward to it like the idea of Disney and Squaresoft comming together, or that Squaresoft are actually doing somthing other than Final Fantasy for once... People who don't think much about it, simply don't like the idea. Though I can't honestly see why anyone should totally berate the game altogether.

Well, the reason why I'm excited about it is because the game just sounds interesting to me and it's a unique and fresh idea. I don't have a problem with Disney, I don't think it's too "kiddish". I'm not tired of Squaresoft doing FF all the time, I just think this game is unique and pretty cool. Besides, I've watched a lot of the Disney animation, so I think it'll be cool to see all the villains and characters I know in a game that's looks nicely done so far. :)

Hands up all who've played it? Exactly.

To tell you the truth, when it came out in Japan, I was thinking of getting the Japanese version since it seemed great and it has the Japanese voices in it. But since I can't understand Japanese, it'd be a total waste. :P

As for the voice acting... It seems strange to me why Squaresoft have such trouble getting excellent voice talent... though perhaps Haley Joel was too expensive ^_^ "I see Bambi's mom... all the time..."

:laugh:

kupoartist
Aug 7th, 2002, 01:24 PM
lol! one of the new bosses is named after some person called "KURT ZISA" , who won the Contest on the KH website ^_^

MakgSnake
Sep 15th, 2002, 08:57 PM
I Have The FULL 2 Episodes Of This GAME's BEHIND THE SCENES

And After Watching THAT. I Cant WAIT To PLAY This Game And Experience The MAGIC

This GAME Will Be An Amazing ONE

Although, Not Many People Know, But Its NOT Exactly An RPG. But An Action/Adventure Game With RPG Elements In The GAME!.!

Neways.
This Game Will ROCK Too!.!

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 15th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Sephiroth is in the game?!?!?!

Dear Lord that game is mine...

DragonSphere
Sep 15th, 2002, 11:15 PM
Yup; in fact, I think there's a small strategy in the latest Entertainment Weekly magazine of how to fight him.

mysterio4gcc
Sep 16th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Kingdom Hearts should be a game only thought about in Dreams...i have high expections on this one!!

Homeless Psycho
Sep 17th, 2002, 11:53 AM
I heard this game was great!

Is there any secret characters or anything like that....mini games, side quests, original folkz from squaresoft RPG's?

update guys

:evil: :evil: :evil:

macario
Sep 20th, 2002, 01:16 PM
I just got the game on september 18. and let me tell you that it is easily one of squares best rpg's. I mean its amazing the way the battle systems handles and the graphics are something to talk about with your friends. I mean if you like zelda then youll love kingdom hearts because I think that kingdom hearts is a much better game then zelda. (now thats just my opinion so dont start bad talking me you may think something completly different and thats ok mith me:peoples: )

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 20th, 2002, 04:56 PM
I'm playing Mysterios copy right now...its pretty cool just a lil odd.

Oh yeah and Sephiroth's voice is done by Lance Bass from Nsync

...nough said :disturb:

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 20th, 2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
Oh yeah and Sephiroth's voice is done by Lance Bass from Nsync
...nough said :disturb:
Great....now all I'll think about is that little panzy when I see Sephiroth.

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 21st, 2002, 02:01 PM
Yeah I'm sorry but I think that I should give everyone the truth because that really pissed me off! I mean Sephiroth is one of if not the most badass characters ever. I mean I've had discussions with my friends about what if Sephiroth had a voice...what would it sound like. And then I hear news of this, I've yet to hear it but the very fact that they would recruit someone from a boy band to give ol Sephy a vocal chord really makes me mad. I mean in the Playstation version of Lunar they made the lead characters voice some guy from O-Town, and now I hear this...I mean what's next? A Backstreet Boy doin the voice for Auron or a Hanson brother doing voiceovers for Seifer...?!

Come now...all boy bands should stay away from my favorite RPG characters or videogames in general!!

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 21st, 2002, 05:39 PM
I rented the game tonight. It's not too bad at first.....but as the game progresses you soon find out that the game is 85% Disney and the Final Fantasy characters are very sparse. The fact that the combat is real time instead of turn based was a letdown too. Rent it first people.

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 21st, 2002, 09:21 PM
Yeah, but as you progress you learn more moves and what not so its not too bad. But I like the story...the innocense of it is appealling and seeing my favorite disney characters from way back interact with my favorite characters now (altho I wish Auron made an appearance) is just awesome. And I like how they intertwined stories with the two different types of characters and it seems to work. The only thing I dont like as I said before is the voiceover picks but I guess I'll live. I say its a must buy.

Oh yeah and Cloud and Squall are the biggest badasses ever in this game...its worth buying to see these guys trust me!

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 21st, 2002, 10:29 PM
How far are you in the game S4H? I'm trying to find Alice...I just lit the two lamps but now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. There's this door waaay up at the top of the forest and I can't seem to get there. Can anyone help?

mysterio4gcc
Sep 21st, 2002, 11:51 PM
i'm wy father than that so just go back to the right side up Bizarre room and you'l know what to do! GL!

PS i lvoe this game!

Beretta55
Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:55 AM
i rented the game and i think is one of the best rpg's ever...and i havent stopped playing it...the game is that fun! and squall....*ahem* excuse me...Leon:laugh: is one of the biggest badasses in the game i cant say anything about cloud since im not that far:P but im going to buy this game pretty soon.

mysterio4gcc
Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:17 AM
Damn right, the tag team duo of Square and Disney surly have put together an adventure that should be played by every RPG fan, don't let the disney thing stop you! Its so much fun and the story so far is decent. Go buy this game....Squall owns all, wonder where Sephy will show up!?!?!

kupoartist
Sep 22nd, 2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by mysterio4gcc
Damn right, the tag team duo of Square and Disney surly have put together an adventure that should be played by every RPG fan, don't let the disney thing stop you! Its so much fun and the story so far is decent. Go buy this game....Squall owns all, wonder where Sephy will show up!?!?!
It won't be too obvious... Sephiroth is an optional boss they added for the "Final Mix" and out of Japan versions, and is sort of the answer to Emerald and Ruby Weapon... Not sure if he'll royally whoop Haley Joel's (Sora... I think) butt though ^_^

oh and "Leon"? what is he? a Sniper or somthing? and is Nat Portman in it as well? /jk ^_^

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 22nd, 2002, 03:59 PM
I'm not too far either but I've watched Mysterio's (aka Oddo the guy who never shares turns playing SOCOM and eats the last crust pieces of the pizza) game. I was watchin him whoops some tail with frickin Tarzan who is def pimping the dreds. lol.

Leon is short for Squall Leonheart BTW

Frozen
Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:53 AM
Stop with the damn little spoliers please :D

Answer honestly: Isn't the game too childish? I want the answer from someone who does not like childish games (some one who likes them will say it's alright anyways)

I just have some stupid mental block that keeps telling me that the game sucks as it looks so childish... prove me wrong please, because I have been waiting too long for another good RPG for PS2.

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:10 PM
Sorry if I've been spoiling stuff but I mean everything I or anyone has taled about can be seen in dozens of screens so really nothings being spoiled...

Well I play a lot of RPG's...I know Mysterio has played more than me in fact...and we both think its cool. I mean if you hate disney classics than steer clear from this game. But honestly its not that childish...there is a story behind it other than "Yippeee lets help Mickey and friends!!"

Trust me

Frozen
Sep 24th, 2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
But honestly its not that childish...there is a story behind it other than "Yippeee lets help Mickey and friends!!"

Trust me

Exactly, that's what I was fearing, a "Yipee, let's save Minnie and Daisy from Brahne's evil clutches" :laugh:

Actually I remember I had a good time playing games like The Lion King for Snes..... It's just that I grew up :right:

How do you compare it to Final Fantasy X in both Graphics and Gameplay?

And don't worry about the minispoilers, I don't care :)

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 24th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Hmm...well obviously FFX is more adult like and seeing as its an Final Fantasy its story is deeper but I've yet to scratch the surface of Kingdom so i can't say that for sure. It's not graphically superior but it's right up there! Hmm gameplay wise ther battle system is real time so your basically smashing the X button to do combos and using the other buttons for magic attacks and what not. And your other character are controlled by the computer. It gets more in depth when you improve and go farther in the story...

merylsilverburg
Sep 25th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Kingdom Hearts is a great game, I love it! I just got through with Alice and heading over to the Deep Jungle where Tarzan and gang live. :laugh: The graphics for this game is absolutely gorgeous to me, I like the whole FF cameos, I like the Disney characters in there...and surprisingly enough...the voice acting ain't half-bad. The only gripes I have about this game is the real-time and not turn-based combat and the crappy camera. :frust: But, the director and character designer said if they were to change the camera, it would've created bugs and glitches. A little advice to some of you: Don't use the lock-on feature. It works like crap, unless you're going one on one with an enemy. Just use the shoulder buttons L2 and R2 to swing the camera to the enemy of your choice and just beat the stuffin' outta them. :D

Darkness 4 Hire
Sep 26th, 2002, 09:01 PM
KH could be the years best RPG, no joke. This RPG has the goods to lead the pack. I have never had so much fun playing any other game. Riku is one of the best main supporting characters ever! He is one of mine favorites of all time. The chacacter remakes of Cloud, Squall(Leon), and Sephy are totally awesome. There are all bad asses!!!:) If you are reading this and you havnent went out and bought or rented KH i think you should do so as soon as possible.

What are you waiting for GO>>>>NOW!!!

Sword 4 Hire
Sep 27th, 2002, 03:57 PM
The years not over yet Oddo...

But that comment about Squall, Cloud and Seph being the biggest badasses...

OH YOU DAMN RIGHT!