jbaseley
Aug 5th, 2002, 02:08 AM
who do you think is the hardest boss in mgs2

RobHardo
Aug 5th, 2002, 08:44 AM
They were all easy, but i would say fatman gave the most challenge

merylsilverburg
Aug 6th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Well, I wouldn't call this a boss, but those never-ending Rays were a pain in the ass. But, if I had to pick a boss, I'd say Vamp...I died a few times with that guy. :mad:

MakgSnake
Aug 8th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
I died a few times with that guy. :mad:
Same Here, That Guys TOO Fast......! Killing Him Needs Fast Relfections. But He Was Fun......To Kill I Mean

merylsilverburg
Aug 8th, 2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Same Here, That Guys TOO Fast......! Killing Him Needs Fast Relfections. But He Was Fun......To Kill I Mean

Yeah, Vamp was pretty quick and I got freaked out because I didn't know where he was going to attack....plus, I was low on Rations. :disturb: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Vamp was tough....:phew:

Si|ent
Aug 8th, 2002, 10:27 AM
I don't know y but i never had any trouble with vamp from the beginning i threw gernades in the water which really hurt him and fatman i just seemed to know where he was going i did have trouble with those never ending rays tho. Once i beat it tho i was like :phew:

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 8th, 2002, 12:26 PM
If you had an easy time with any boss.Try beating it on extreme,because its a whole different story,espically the harrier.

Frozen
Aug 10th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Every boss in that game was absolutely easy excepting the Metal Gear Rays, but those were not that hard either, but took me a couple of trials to beat them. Vamp wasn't any problem at all, it was very easy to kill him with the grenade launcher (actually that's the only time I used that weapon in the game) Probably trying to beat him with the Socom would be hard.

bellsdelsol
Aug 19th, 2002, 01:21 PM
I am new around here but I just want to add that you people that think all these bosses are easy obviously didn't play this game on extreme becuase that will give anyone trouble. Go now and put the game in and start a new game on extreme with no radar and don't use any special items and call me in the morning. That should give you a dose of what this game really is.

Frozen
Aug 19th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Well, Extreme is a difficulty specifically made to die hard fans of that game, I was talking about the normal difficulty that is in which anyone would actually play the game, and hell, yeah, they were all so easy. Now I'm playing the thing in hard and I have noticed the difference, specially that freaking harrier and it took me like 5 trials to beat it. I'm sure it's gonna be a pain in the arse to beat it in extreme........ (I never use special items, I must add, although I usually use the weapon which is most convenient in the case.)

I'll call you in the morning then :laugh:

bellsdelsol
Aug 19th, 2002, 02:15 PM
The jump from normal to hard is not as big as the jump from hard to extreme. It is way way harder on extreme. Have fun and get the moneys worth outa that game. I know as soon as I get outa work I am going home to play. I am going for BIG BOSS. I have been prepping myself for about a week.

Frozen
Aug 19th, 2002, 10:52 PM
Well, I don't care much about those "jumps" really. I'm just actually beating it on hard to get some more dog tags :heh: But probably I'll beat the game in extreme later on just to show myself I can be as good as any one can be. But I usually find it boring to beat a game time after time...... but alas, MGS 2 is worth it ^_^

bellsdelsol
Aug 20th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Yes it is worth it. I can't get enough of it. Plus I feel real good when I set high goals and accompish them. I also like to get my moneys worth on the games I guy. Good luck on the tags, later

Frozen
Aug 21st, 2002, 04:39 AM
Damn it, I beated easily every boss (in hard)...... excepting one......... Solidus.

I still haven't beated him after many trials........... I even beated the MG rays just the first time I tried, but Solidus...... :mad:

*retires in shame*

RichHo
Aug 21st, 2002, 04:55 AM
I would say that the hardest boss in MGS2 was probably Solidus for me.....I just cant get used to his patterns. One moment he'll go this way, then he'll do something weird like speed off leaving me standing in the middle of is flames to burn!

All the rest of the bosses were real easy I thought.

The next hardest boss after Solidus, for me, was probably Solidus and Vamp inside the Harrier Jump Jet. I couldnt get to grips with their routine there either.

When I fought Vamp in that water place, that was real easy, and I did it after two attempts. Iw orked out his pattern of attack, and just used a ton of C4 for when he jumped out of the water and walked about, really easy!:)

jbaseley
Oct 16th, 2002, 01:46 AM
I'm still on Extreme with just the Rays and Solidus to beat. I probaly will sit down and do it once I finish my exams.

Daedaelus
Oct 16th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Vampwas the hardest, IMO.

I found Solidus fairly easy. :P

It's only crappy when Solidus moves so fast around you that your clothes catch fire. :shock:

Infernal Mass
Oct 16th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Vamp, was the easiest boss in the history of the MGS saga.

Daedaelus
Oct 16th, 2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by DigiMortal
Vamp, was the easiest boss in the history of the MGS saga.

Wha...? Who did you think was the hardest?

jbaseley
Oct 17th, 2002, 01:20 AM
Vamp is only easy if u use the rocket cheat.

Andi
Oct 17th, 2002, 07:28 AM
The last one Of Course!:sarcasm:

Vic Viper
Oct 17th, 2002, 11:13 AM
rays.

jbaseley
Oct 18th, 2002, 01:23 AM
Rays are pretty hard and the later difficulty levels. You get the hang of em though and develop strategies to beat em.

Frozen
Oct 19th, 2002, 04:29 AM
Hardest one for me was Solidus. But that's because I would rely too mcuh on the rations and in the hardest difficulties you don't have any XD Vamp was easy to defeat using grenades when he was in the water, and the grenade launcher outside. It was easy to evade his attacks if you kept moving.

The_Senator
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:36 PM
I agree: -

If you had an easy time with any boss.Try beating it on extreme,because its a whole different story,espically the harrier.

I didn't really have that many probs with any of the game, but European Extreme takes the biscuit. I've made it to the harrier but that is too hard, I haven't played since.

Any advice on how to beat that??

jbaseley
Nov 13th, 2002, 07:49 PM
I tried European extreme and boy is that hard, one shot from olga and your dead.

still havent beaten extreme yet though.

tjlax25
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:21 PM
fatman was by far the hardest boss for me...i never died while fighting him but it took me over an hour to defeat him heres a tip to avoid the same fate-----his suit is filled with body armor so only shoot him in the head, i didnt shoot him in the head...just imagine how long he took

spoiler next line

the bomb is right underneath his body after you die so dont spend 20 lives trying to find it

The_Senator
Nov 17th, 2002, 07:28 AM
It would take time to actually aim for his head while he is moving so use a couple of shots to knock him down. Once on the floor go up to him aim for his head and shott a couple of times.

Vamp was easy with or without the cheats. I killed him in to time. Try kill the Harrier on Extreme!!

JNinja11
Nov 22nd, 2002, 07:39 AM
yea, i'd have to say solidus and vamp gave me a few probs. but it was ok after that!

ssjtrunks13
Nov 22nd, 2002, 11:04 AM
What difficulty are you people talking about?

Matrix
Nov 22nd, 2002, 06:56 PM
I found every boss was quite easy except for the Rays and Fatman! (extreme difficulty)....... I thought solidus was by far the coolest boss to face since you used a blade to face him!!!!!

dan da man
Nov 23rd, 2002, 07:54 AM
i would say hardest boss was either fatman or rays:cool: