PDA

View Full Version : clearing things up (Bebop fans)

Vicious_2003
Aug 4th, 2002, 02:38 PM
(WARNING the following contains a small amount of details partaining to the Cowboy Bebop television series and movie)

I just finally finished d loading and watching a good verison of Knockin on Heaven's Door. It was mind blowing how good it was. But in my ignorance I still feel that I dont completely understand the series, being the show and movie, ive seen every episode atleast twice. So, I ask this. When they talk about how Spike has died, are they talking literally, metaphysically, Spiritualy, or what, I have an ide but im not sure. And I know that after he "Died" he never felt alive again, as if he was watching a dream he had no controll over, and the only time he ever felt alive was when he was with Julia. And that lead to the ending of the series where Spike dies on those stairs. Can anyone help me understand this better or is it a matter of inturpritation ? (Just to comment, the fight scene's between Vincent and Spike were incredible, especially the one on top of the tower that connected the heavens and earth)

Pu the Owl
Aug 4th, 2002, 03:20 PM
I think the little novel Spike tells to Jet after Julia dies explains Spike's story pretty well:

"There once was a tiger-striped cat. This cat died a million deaths and was reborn a million times and was owned by various people who he didn't care for. The cat wasn't afraid to die. One day the cat was a stray cat. Then he met with a white female cat and the two cats spent their days happily together. Years passed and the white cat died died of old age. The tiger-striped cat cried a million times and then died. He never came back to life."

That's what I answer especially to some people who say "Julia is dead, but he could be with Faye!" or to those who say we have no evidence that Spike is really dead at the end of the last episode (those people have to watch the series again, because the fact Spike can be with Faye or that he can still be alive makes no sense...). That very short and ironic story is kinda accurate to explain Spike's feelings throughout the whole TV series of Cowboy Bebop. After Julia dies, even the dream has gone and Spike has no reason to keep on living or either dreaming his life.