PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing

BowevelJoe
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:15 PM
I know this has probably already been made, but this series is soo freaken awsome! i just watched the first 8 episodes and am about to watch the last 5 as soon as possible..if you havent seen it, its starting to be released on DVD and i would highly recommend it to anyone, just look at Meryl, she is all Hellsinged out on her avatar and such :D, and you know if she likes it, its gotta be good stuff :) But i just thought i would let you guys know how awsome the series is, and i dont want to give anything away by talking about it, just inform you. If your into Vampires, youll love it :)

Pu the Owl
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:59 PM
I have to watch the last 3 episodes, but from what I've seen, this is one of my fave series ever. Alucard is soooo intriguing!:love:
It is one of the best horror anime ever, that's for sure. I was surprised when I saw some anime sites giving to Hellsing a C, while they gave to "Ah!My Goddess" and "Tenchi Muyo!" A or B. I mean: are they blind or what? I'm not criticizing those series, even if I don't like them very much, but why do they consider Hellsing worse than them both for story and animation? :peoples:

Frozen
Aug 4th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Well, yesterday I finished watching the whole series :D

And I love it with all my heart. What a freaking badass series. One of the best series I have ever seen, indeed.

(And thanks to Meryl-chan who reommended it to me :happy: )

Cannibal Clown
Aug 4th, 2002, 04:00 PM
So the whole series is 13 3pisodes long and all on three dvd's. That's cool. I've been wanting to see this series, but i can't rent it, and a 56k modem can't download any of the episides in time, so i was wondering how much money i would have to spend to get the whole show, and make sure that i don't waste all of it with something i might not like. But seeing that it's such a short series, it wont hurt to just get the whole thing and only be out about 90 bucks.

Hylas
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Hellsing is really cool, even if I don't get all the details of it. Maybe it's because I've watched a subbed version and the subs were not so good...
Alucard is one of the weirdest characters ever. Really cool that he can use such an heavy gun (35 pounds if I'm not wrong) :laugh:
And Walter... he's simply amazing when he fights ghouls!

merylsilverburg
Aug 5th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Thank you for the compliment Bowevel. :) Oh and I'm really glad you enjoyed Hellsing, Frozen. :happy: Anyway...

Fortune: I'm not sure which sites actually gave Hellsing a 'C' and Tenchi Muyo and Ah! My Goddess an 'A' or 'B', but I have to agree with you that they are completely outta their mind! I would give Hellsing an 'A'....this anime is just too cool to be given a 'C'. :mad: And Alucard is intriguing isn't he? :love:

CC: I'm sure the episodes will be packed onto at least 4 DVDs, not 3. The DVDs sell for at least (I believe) $24.99 or $29.99, depending on where you live. So, you'll be spending at least $100.00 total for all 4 DVDs if the price is $24.99 or a total of $120.00 if the price is $29.99. That's pretty expensive, but it's on DVD, so that's the reason. I hope this helps.

Hylas: Some details in some episodes are also kinda confusing to me too and I was hoping that someone can help explain them to me. I haven't watched the series in a while, so I forgotten which episodes I'm confused on. I thought the subs were okay, though I had some episodes with these really crazy fonts so I wasn't able to read them. I'm not sure if Alucard is weird, but I know he's pretty cool. His second gun, the Jackal 1/1 (the black one) is heavier than his first gun, the 454 Casull (the silver), mainly because of the way it was built. I have both models of the guns, but I'm not sure if they're made to be accurate with the anime weight, though the Jackal gun felt pretty heavy in my hand. I also like Walter too! :D

Seriously though, like Bowevel said, everyone should at least watch this anime once and see if they like it. It's not for everyone, but if you like action, blood, a cool main character, and an awesome rival (the priest, Anderson, from the Iscariote Orginization) this series has it all.

Pu the Owl
Aug 5th, 2002, 06:02 AM
I had some difficulties too, but I'm waiting to see the last episodes before I can explain to myself the whole meaning of the series. Too bad there aren't guides yet on the web, because sometimes they're helpful. Maybe this series is too "new", and the greatest part of people (not Japanese, obviously...) are discovering it now.

Why can't I find any Alucard plushies?! I only find Seras Victoria plushies but I want Alucard's one! :mad:

merylsilverburg
Aug 6th, 2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Fortune
Why can't I find any Alucard plushies?! I only find Seras Victoria plushies but I want Alucard's one! :mad:

Whoa, wait-a-minute.....there's plushes?! :shock: Omigod, I didn't even know that! I go onto Ebay looking up Hellsing and I never encountered that before. Where'd you find this information? I must have them!! :D

Black Heart
Aug 6th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Do you think they're planning to make a second season for Hellsing? I've read somewhere there was a possibility, but I'm nearly sure it's not true.

merylsilverburg
Aug 7th, 2002, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Black Heart
Do you think they're planning to make a second season for Hellsing? I've read somewhere there was a possibility, but I'm nearly sure it's not true.

I also read that there might be a possibility for a second season and I'm trying to keep up with the latest news on it, but I haven't heard anything. I do hope they will make more......hopefully, Hellsing will do well in the US and the sales of it will make Gonzo Animation realize how popular it is in the US and create more.

EDIT: I have just visited this one website where they said that Gonzo would finish the Second Season of Hellsing when the manga gets finished. Currently, there is 4 volumes of the manga released and I'm not sure how many more there will be. I hope this information is not just a rumor because I'll be very upset if it is. :weep:

Rei
Aug 7th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Whoa, wait-a-minute.....there's plushes?! :shock: Omigod, I didn't even know that! I go onto Ebay looking up Hellsing and I never encountered that before. Where'd you find this information? I must have them!! :D

I've seen a couple of plushes of Victoria too, but it wasn't on ebay. It was a different store, but sorry, I can't remember the name :right: Haven't seen any other plushes of Hellsing apart from Victoria's ones...

MADRUCKIS
Aug 17th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Merylsilverburg
The DVDs sell for at least (I believe) $24.99 or $29.99, depending on where you live. So, you'll be spending at least $100.00 total for all 4 DVDs if the price is $24.99 or a total of $120.00 if the price is $29.99.

Here in Ny, I first heard of Hellsing when I saw it in box set already. The reason I didn't but it was cause it was empty-there was only the 1st dvd on it since the other ones haven't come out yet. The box was $29.99 and the dvd was $24.99 without it. Now that I want the series, I can't find the boxed set, only the single dvd. I guess it was never meant to be.......

*music plays and Ruckis walks off into the distance pondering where his next stop will be!!

merylsilverburg
Aug 18th, 2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by MADRUCKIS
Here in Ny, I first heard of Hellsing when I saw it in box set already. The reason I didn't but it was cause it was empty-there was only the 1st dvd on it since the other ones haven't come out yet. The box was $29.99 and the dvd was $24.99 without it. Now that I want the series, I can't find the boxed set, only the single dvd. I guess it was never meant to be.......

Yeah, I know what you're talking about 'cause I got the box. :heh: Even though I already own the entire series on VCD, I still had to get the box 'cause I'm such a fan. :P You can still find the boxset version on online stores like amazon.com where they sell it only for $26.24 (but of course with s/h it'll be a little more but a lot better than $29.99 and s/h). Too bad you didn't get it, the box art kicks-ass, but the Japanese version is a little better (IMO) since it's not cardboard like the US version.

BowevelJoe
Aug 19th, 2002, 06:33 AM
ah! you and your japanese gear! you just wait till my brother is stationed! grr! :P ahh, i am jealous right now, but i soon wont be :D Wee, anyways, i am going to get the boxed set with the first DVD, its only $25 at my local Baggages retailer wee, ill pick it up as soon as possible :)

MADRUCKIS
Aug 21st, 2002, 07:05 PM
Finally
I have found a place that had the box for $30.

Damn I went through some serious havoc for it! I trust it'll be good Meryl-I'm goin on ur word and all. I'll give you my reveiw on Saturday!

merylsilverburg
Aug 22nd, 2002, 03:38 AM
Finally
I have found a place that had the box for $30.

Damn I went through some serious havoc for it! I trust it'll be good Meryl-I'm goin on ur word and all. I'll give you my reveiw on Saturday!

Congrats! Wherever you found it, you must've been lucky! :happy: And hey, I hope you enjoy it....I mean, c'mon...there's vampires, blood, action, a bad-a$$ main character, and a cute chick...:D Plus, *MAYBE SPOILERS* Alucard's morphing abilites are just astounding!!! (In the later episodes). :cool: :cool:

MADRUCKIS
Aug 22nd, 2002, 09:38 PM
Well, Meryl-I give you your kudos.....

The animation is great, love its style. Alucard's one mean mofo with that sick gun...heard he gets others. And from just what I see from the first three epidoes, I'm in for some gory hunky dory action.

Thanks for the tip, your the bomb!!! ;)

merylsilverburg
Aug 24th, 2002, 04:19 AM
Well, Meryl-I give you your kudos.....

The animation is great, love its style. Alucard's one mean mofo with that sick gun...heard he gets others. And from just what I see from the first three epidoes, I'm in for some gory hunky dory action.

Thanks for the tip, your the bomb!!! ;)

Hell yeah, Alucard ROCKS! And yeah, he gets another gun later in the series...the Jackal 1/1....man, with both guns, he's good to go! I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the compliment. :happy: :happy:

Uchiha Sasuke
Aug 24th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Yeah i finally saw the first part of the series and it kick @$$.Little question does alucauds (spelling) female partner ever get any guts.She is so blah right now so to speak.

merylsilverburg
Aug 24th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Yeah i finally saw the first part of the series and it kick @$$.Little question does alucauds (spelling) female partner ever get any guts.She is so blah right now so to speak.

Well, in the beginning Serass doesn't have that much guts, but later on she does kick some a$$. :cool: As for the drinking blood thing, it takes a little time, but not too much.

Cannibal Clown
Aug 26th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Yeah, i just got my first taste of hellsing as well. I think it kickas ass, but it took me down $31.64 for three epidodes! That's highway robbery! But it was worth it, can't wait to get the rest of the series.

merylsilverburg
Aug 26th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Good news people! There's going to be a second season of Hellsing starting around December or January! :happy: Hooray! *celebrates* For those of you who've seen the entire thing, I hope this will bring relief! :happy:

EDIT: Special thanks to dear Bowevel for giving me the news. :)

Cannibal Clown
Aug 28th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Sweet ass! I was so dissapointed when i heard that it was only 13 episodes long, after seeing the first dvd. I was like, something like this needs to be longer. That just isn't enough. So even though i still have the rest of this series to finnish up, the second season will be real cool too.

MADRUCKIS
Sep 8th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Hey............................

hey you *whistles*-buddy

C'mere. You like Hellsing? Huh, do you? Well, I got the inside stuff on what you might want. Like the release date of V. II. Blood Brothers. What would you say if it's this Tuesday...yep....THIS TUESDAY. What a non believer?

What would you say if I told you you can get your hands on V.III-Search and Destroy on November 12th? What...you want more. How's about a special edition VIII called the

Hellsing: Search and Destroy (V.3)-Limited Edition Action Figure Blister Pack.
Yep this bad boy comes with a special box which includes Alucard (or Arucards) action figure inside-and theres only going to be about 500,000 units of it sold in the U.S.

What don;t beleive me. Alright alright. I just take my info some where else there punk!

*walks away into the distance

merylsilverburg
Sep 9th, 2002, 01:05 AM
Hey............................

hey you *whistles*-buddy

C'mere. You like Hellsing? Huh, do you? Well, I got the inside stuff on what you might want. Like the release date of V. II. Blood Brothers. What would you say if it's this Tuesday...yep....THIS TUESDAY. What a non believer?

What would you say if I told you you can get your hands on V.III-Search and Destroy on November 12th? What...you want more. How's about a special edition VIII called the

Hellsing: Search and Destroy (V.3)-Limited Edition Action Figure Blister Pack.
Yep this bad boy comes with a special box which includes Alucard (or Arucards) action figure inside-and theres only going to be about 500,000 units of it sold in the U.S.

What don;t beleive me. Alright alright. I just take my info some where else there punk!

*walks away into the distance

Heh, heh...*walks towards MADRUCKIS* Hell yeah, I love Hellsing, thanks for the info, man!! :D I didn't know about the action figures with the volume 3. :shock: Ah, that's okay, 'cause I already have figures of Alucard and Seras. Also, thanks for the info on Volume 2...you guys are gonna love this volume since it includes the episode where some real action begins. ;) Just watch and you'll know what I mean.

MADRUCKIS
Sep 11th, 2002, 09:01 PM
*gently strokes his.......Hellsing dvd

What can I say. Better than the first. I need to see Alucard go at it with that guy from Iscariot-Alexander again. Those two are vicious.

Frozen
Sep 12th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Those two are some of the bestest rivals I have ever seen.

A question for the public: Since I have already seen the whole series already, so I am not in a hurry to get the DVD's right now.... would it be wise to wait until all of the DVD's are released so I can get some special box or something like that?

I just want to own that series in DVD, but as I said, I am not in a hurry as for I've watched it already.

MADRUCKIS
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Well
Initially the first dvd was sold in a box set with space for the others....thats what I have. Dunno if there gonna release one with a different box.

merylsilverburg
Sep 12th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Frozen-sama, I don't think there's going to be any other box set or special set released, because like MADRUCKIS said, there's already a box that came with the first DVD.

MADRUCKIS, I know what you mean....I wish there were more battles between Alucard and Alexander. :( Ah, while the rest of the episodes are pretty good, they become more and more confusing...:peoples:

Frozen
Sep 12th, 2002, 11:52 PM
But you see, that's the marketing trick they always use on ppl... they make you buy their stuff from the beginning, individually,so it costs you more and so they get much more profit. And every body falls on that trick, always. What I fear is, what if the series does not turn out to be very popular over here? Publishers don't care at all if something is good or bad quality, as long as it's popular. And i don't know anyone IRL who has watched Hellsing except from myself. (and my step dad, I've shown him a couple of times :heh: ) I may be wrong about Hellsing's popularity, though.

I don't know, I think I'll wait. I'm a cheaparse, I know :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Sep 13th, 2002, 01:00 AM
You may be right, Frozen-sama, but I have a feeling that Hellsing will be very popular in the US. I mean...first off, there's gory action, lots of it, there's blood, guts, vampires, morphing, kick-ass characters, an interesting plot, great voice acting...I mean, no offense to anyone, but you have to admit that it's these characteristics that most American audiences look for. Compared this to Fruits Basket, a shoujo story which is being licensed by the DBZ company and about to be released in the states, I'd say that Hellsing has a better chance of being popular. I don't even see why Fruits is even being licensed. Shoujo stories are considered so dumb in the states, while in Japan, it's the number 1 anime series of the year. You get what I'm trying to say, right? As long as there's action and a good story, it's bound to be popular.

Frozen
Sep 13th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Oh, I know that such a piece of art will definitely be popular sooner or later!!! What I mean was, that I don't think it's so popular right now :right:

But well, remember what I told you what happened to me with the LOTR DVD's ? I bought the first thing they released, but the arseholes are going to release the extended version as well. I should have just waited to buy that one, you know? Well, that's what I fear with Hellsing, something similar. Might find the whole complete collection together for a lower price than if I bought each DVD individually (and I think it's way too expensive a DVD just with 3 chapters, come on.. i know it's Hellsing, but.... just 3 chapters? :mad: )

merylsilverburg
Sep 13th, 2002, 06:46 PM
I knew you were in fear because of the LOTR incident. :D Well, it's not surprising to me that they only fit 3 episodes in a DVD....I mean, they are trying to make a profit, after all. But, still....I think that once they come out the boxset along with the first DVD, there'll won't be anymore special editions or all that. Only if they come out individually first (like Evangelion or Rurouni Kenshin) and if it's really popular, then they will have a special boxset to fit everything in. Since Hellsing only has 13 episodes and not the usual 26, they came out with the boxset and that's that. At least IMO. :P

EDIT: And if you guys think that piling 3 episodes each in a DVD is bad, you should see what the Japanese makers do. For the raw Japanese DVDs of The Big O they fit only 2 episodes into each DVD except the first one which contained only 1 episode, to make a total of 7 DVDs....all which are priced around 45 US dollars each.

Frozen
Sep 15th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Well, I'm sure they would make profit even if they put 6 chapters in each DVD, they would make profit anyways. Oh well, that's how the industry works :heh:

How many DVD's are we talking about, again? 5? 6?

Well, probably I'll be changing of idea and buy them after all........