PDA

View Full Version : MGS2 Substance preview

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 3rd, 2002, 04:46 PM
Sounds pretty sweet even tho its like playing MGS2 again im still going to have to get it just for all the new things it has and yes it is coming out for XBOX and PS2...

What do you guys think about it?

Preview:

According to Metal Gear maestro Hideo Kojima, MGS2: Sons of Liberty "wasn't complete' when it was initially released in 2001. Substance hopes to bring closure to Liberty with alternate missions for the Tanker and Plant chapters, over 200 VR mini-games, and brand-new original missions created specifically for this realse. Kojima also listened to the fans: Since on of Liberty's biggest criticisms was that it had too much of Raiden and not enough Snake, Substance will feature Snake as playable character in Liberty Plant chapter with his own distinct series of events. Oh an somewhere along the way Snake will ride a skateboard...

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 06:01 PM
The bastard sold me an unfinished game. Maestro my ass.

Ice Cold
Aug 4th, 2002, 07:58 PM
I think that Substance should just be the add on of MGS2 and shouldn't include the original game. Because I dont feel like buying a "new" game for something I already half have.

So really all I want are snaketales and VR Missions (forget skateboarding) for a fraction of the cost. I know this idea won't work since it will be released for the Xbox. But I ask myself, why do they deserve it anyways? They aren't the die hard fans.

Konami is ticking me off about making this game availible for other consoles. Though it might be selfish but making it available to non-Playstation 2 owners hurts Sony if even a little. If Halo was available on playstation we all know that Xbox sales would drop.

Neo_Soldier28
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Well koonami isnt looking for loyalty right now the gaming industry is focused on money and what sells not what fans are extremly loyal. And i agree it shouldnt be its own game but we did get the game first so over the time the mistakes were fixed to make the game better hence the idea of reselling with more features so people like me lol will go out and buy it just so i can play snake in the tanker.

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Ice Cold
I think that Substance should just be the add on of MGS2 and shouldn't include the original game. Because I dont feel like buying a "new" game for something I already half have.

So really all I want are snaketales and VR Missions (forget skateboarding) for a fraction of the cost. I know this idea won't work since it will be released for the Xbox. But I ask myself, why do they deserve it anyways? They aren't the die hard fans.

Konami is ticking me off about making this game availible for other consoles. Though it might be selfish but making it available to non-Playstation 2 owners hurts Sony if even a little. If Halo was available on playstation we all know that Xbox sales would drop.

I know!
If it wasnt for Halo, there wouldnt be an Xbox. But dont worry, we still have Squresoft, and plenty of exclusives.:laugh: