PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...?

Eternal Life
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:48 PM
Am I the only one who hasn't played Metal Gear Solid? My brother is mad about it and played this game at least 10 times. He said I should play it, but I can't force myself. I've heard it's one of the best games ever, but there's something not so appealing in it to me. Don't know, maybe it's just that I don't like other action games like Resident Evil, where you have to go around and shoot your enemy, and this must be somewhat similar, no?
I'd like to know why people like this game so much...

MakgSnake
Aug 2nd, 2002, 08:59 PM
Its More Then Just A Game, Its Not Only A GAME..Its More Then That. There Is No Defination For Metal Gear Solid, U Have To Experience The Magic Ureself. Simple!

RobHardo
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:38 PM
Mak I couldn't put it better myself, What hooked me was the demo for the game which came in my friend's Zone of the Enders Case. even if it was just a demo it was friggin awesome. as Mak said there is no real definition for this game, its just Untouchable, dead seriosu no one can put this game down unless there Legally retarded

MakgSnake
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Solid: Snake
its just Untouchable, dead seriosu no one can put this game down unless there Legally retarded
I Totally Agree With That! ;) :laugh:

Frozen
Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Life
Am I the only one who hasn't played Metal Gear Solid? My brother is mad about it and played this game at least 10 times. He said I should play it, but I can't force myself. I've heard it's one of the best games ever, but there's something not so appealing in it to me. Don't know, maybe it's just that I don't like other action games like Resident Evil, where you have to go around and shoot your enemy, and this must be somewhat similar, no?
I'd like to know why people like this game so much...

Well, let me tell you some points about Metal Gear Solid.

First of all, this game is not just "an action game" Is far beyond from being an action game. Granted it has a lot of action and you have to shoot people, tanks, helicopters...... But the game is not just limited to that. It's a game, that, from my point of view, brings elements from RPG games and mixes them with action.

More over, is a game that recquires the usage of your witts, as you are not just limited to shoot ppl like crazy, you have to sneak on cameras, sneak on guards, take some of them as hostages, create diversions, deactivate alarms, fool guards, etc etc etc. It's so many things to do in that game (and all of them are absolutely fun :D )

This is one of the games out there with the best storyline and plot. As some have said in other games, playing this game gives you the feeling you are watching a movie. Besides, it has lots of elements which make it attractive, as the many details it has, and the way the characters are shown. How their personalities influence the story of the game. You'll see many parts that will make you laugh, as others that will even make you feel like crying.

And NO! it's not like Resident Evil. I definitely don't see a close comparison and think it's pointless to even mention this game. (Not that I'm scolding you or anything, and not that I don't like RE either, it's just that there's no comparisson in between :) )

And well, I just, as your brother, recommend you the game. If you know that there's so many people who likes it, and that your brother has beaten it 10 times, then, there's definitley some truth behind these facts, don't you think? :D

Go and check it out, at least try to beat it once and you won't regret it ;)

Hylas
Aug 3rd, 2002, 10:51 AM
Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid... similar games? :laugh: No way! Not only because Resident Evil is a Survival Horror (which is action yeah, but the atmosphere is really different), but because the purposes of the developers of those games are completely opposite! Resident Evil is a game with many fans, but it becomes to be repetitive game after game, because they keep on putting in those games the same elements. I think the first RE games where a lot better than the last ones. While MGS2 improved many aspects of the prequel.
Adding to it, that the plot is extremely mature and more original than the one of RE, and the characters are not so common to see in a videogame. It looks like a typical action title from the outside, but it's not a typical game. It's an extremely ambitious project.

MakgSnake
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Hylas
It looks like a typical action title from the outside, but it's not a typical game. It's an extremely ambitious project.
I Like The Way U Put That In Words. True, So True!

AsylumEscapee
Aug 4th, 2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I Like The Way U Put That In Words. True, So True!

Why do you capitalize everything!?

..And... It's a good game.

MakgSnake
Aug 5th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by AsylumEscapee

Why do you capitalize everything!?
Well First It Was My Style, And Now Its Become A Habit. But I Love It......I Know People Get Annoyed From It Too. But Thats MAK.G, Thats Me, Aight! :D

AsylumEscapee
Aug 5th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
Well First It Was My Style, And Now Its Become A Habit. But I Love It......I Know People Get Annoyed From It Too. But Thats MAK.G, Thats Me, Aight! :D
Heh, fair enough.

merylsilverburg
Aug 6th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Ah, Eternal, what everyone said above is what I would say, but they put it in better words. :D MGS is truly a gem and it's just so brilliant.....I don't even know how to explain it properly.....MGS rocks, 'nuff said. :cool:

Vicious
Dec 9th, 2002, 03:27 PM
This game rules!

ssjtrunks13
Dec 9th, 2002, 05:12 PM
I've only played the demo of Metal Gear solid for PSX and MGS2: SOns of Liberty. I don't really like action games where you use guns and stuff, but this is the best action series I've ever played.

Plug 4
Dec 9th, 2002, 07:43 PM
the reason why you should play this game it's because it's the best game ever!!! well im talking about mgs1 but mgs2 is in my top 10.

U GOT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mgs1 or mgs2 it doesnt matter just play one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MakgSnake
Dec 9th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Plug 4
U GOT TO PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mgs1 or mgs2 it doesnt matter just play one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah true, its something nobody should miss out.......seriously. And its better if you experience the magic of the first one, so when you go to the second chapter, you will understand it even better.

Ive seen uncles and relatives who gets hooked to the TV screen when I am playing the video game....and they just start discusing the game, and what would or could happen in the game. All I do is just play and listen to their assumptions... its quite funny to see what they think....talking to each other.. and all.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 10th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know any stores I could find Metal Gear Solid and the VR MIssions?

dan da man
Dec 10th, 2002, 04:47 PM
^
^
sorry i dont know

to the original question, we cannot explain the mgs1, the storyline is incredible!! everything about the game is breath taking!

is res evil like mgs no! res evil is a survival horror,
while mgs is stealth, adventure, with kick ass action. the grachics are amazing for the ps1.

play the game, no other game can quite compete with mgs a beautiful crafted game, its superior. you will like your character solid snake hes the best hero out there, just play the game its fantastic, you have to give it to hideo kojima for this experince!