PDA

View Full Version : Argento Soma

Hylas
Jul 30th, 2002, 06:46 AM
I've heard there is this new anime series from Sunrise (same creators of Cowboy Bebop), but I can't find many info about it, maybe because it's pretty new... From the images it seems ok, but about the story, I don't have a clear map of it. I was wondering if anyone here has an idea about it, or knows some info.

If you don't know what I'm talking about try to take a look at this site (http://www.geocities.com/marduk_nerv/as-3.htm)

Eternal Life
Jul 31st, 2002, 06:20 AM
i've heard the series is very good and it involves mechas, but I can't help you on the plot, because I couldn't find the DVDs so I haven't watched it yet :(

merylsilverburg
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:43 AM
Here is the basic storyline: *taken from this site: http://www.animelegacy.net/anime/a/argento_soma/ *

Titles: Argento Soma
Type: TV Series
Length: 25 episodes, 1 OVA (episode 26)
Genres: Action, Mecha, Science Fiction
Production: Sunrise, Victor Entertainment
Air Date: October 5, 2000

During the year 2054, mankind was assaulted with the unwavering force of an alien invasion. Humanity began to spiral downwards as the both assertive and ruthless aliens invaded so suddenly with innumerable fleets of devastation. The outlook of humanity’s existence looked unnerving, as lives were continuously lost. Upon their invasion the United Nations reorganized the world’s military forces and began to work together to fight off the alien invaders in hopes of survival. Argento Soma takes place in the year 2059, five years after what is referred to as, ‘the first encounter action.’ The battle between humanity’s civilization and the alien race wages on and at the forefront of this battle we are introduced to the character, Ryu Soma. Scarred with the remembrance of the death of his beloved Maki Agata. Ryu finds himself torn within the cornerstones of revenge. What will happen to the future of Earth as time goes forward and only one civilization will undoubtedly survive?

Argento Soma is a unique anime series from which its complexities and underlying subplots are what propel the storyline forward. The characters are distinctive and the developing interest of their nature is expressed as Argento Soma goes through its 25 episode run. Each episode runs at the usual 30-minute time allotment and began airing in Japan on October 5, 2000. The series eventually ended its run on March 29, 2001. Notable Seiyuu included in the production of Argento Soma are Souichiro Hoshi (previous works include Gensomaden Saiyuki), Yuji Takada (previous works include Gasaraki) and Kikuko Inoue (previous works include Ah! My Goddess and Saber Marionette J). Scenario provisions are by Hiroshi Yamaguchi who worked previously on Vandread and Neon Genesis Evangelion. Kazuyoshi Katayama directs Argento Soma and Victor Entertainment along with Sunrise produce the 25 episode series.

I hope this helps, Hylas and Eternal Life. :)