PDA

View Full Version : Online Gaming FAQ: other questions, post them here.

Harry
Jul 29th, 2002, 11:12 AM
We have just published our new Online Gaming FAQ. The link is http://www.ps2fantasy.com/hardware/ps2/online.php

Read the FAQ to see if your question is answered. If you don't find it, post here your question and we'll add it in our FAQ.

jjmoohead
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:46 AM
Just for us stupid people,

I have a DSL internet connection. It plugs into my phone line, and I can download just as fast as a cable modem (so thats DSL right?)

Will I be able to play the games that require broadband like navy seals?

Harry
Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:52 AM
Yeah jj,

it's exactly what you need to play SOCOM.

jdoog
Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:19 PM
do u need a ethernet of usb cable modem?

Harry
Aug 7th, 2002, 08:45 AM
The Network Adapter has only an Ethernet Port for broadband modems. Anyhow, if you have a USB modem hooked to your PC, and your PC has a Ethernet Card (they are very cheap), you should be able to hook your Ps2 to the PC and condivide the connection.

jjmoohead
Aug 7th, 2002, 11:12 PM
Next question:

Is there any fear of virus's in this online system. There has to be retards out there that will get a joy out of messing up your ps2, is this at all possible and any word on the posibilities.

Ninja
Aug 9th, 2002, 08:29 PM
wait, so if I just plug in the Network adapter in my phone line WITHOUT using the DSL modem my PS2 will work on-line?????

jjmoohead
Aug 11th, 2002, 07:26 PM
from what i get out of the FAQ this seems to be true. It has a built in 56k modem.

Ninja
Aug 14th, 2002, 10:03 PM
some1 answer my Question, I have DSL where do I connect my cable 2 my rouder or my USB ethernet adapter????????

seand_1_2
Aug 28th, 2002, 09:09 AM
if you have a router connect to the router and all is good!

FireBall
Sep 1st, 2002, 09:24 AM
I have a DSL line, connected through my router, if I connect my router and my PS2 will it work?

jjmoohead
Sep 1st, 2002, 11:07 AM
as long as yuou have the adaptor

FireBall
Sep 1st, 2002, 03:32 PM
ok, thanks, I just wanted to make sure that the adaptor had router support...

Newbeing
Sep 17th, 2002, 05:37 PM
I tried plugging in my Actiontec Home DSL Modem and I couldn't really do anything. Would I need a game that I am able to play online? As in do I just plug in my DSL thing into the usb ports and into the phone jack then get a game that plays online and it would be able to play online? (sorry run on sentance) So say I put Tony Hawk pro skater 3 in and I have my DSL thing all plugged in. Would that mean I could play online?