PDA

View Full Version : Initial D

Hadoken
Jul 26th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Have any of you watched this show?
I've only d/l'ed the first two episodes. And it seems pretty good.
Always fun to see an FD get whooped by an AE86.;)
Neways, if any of you have seen this show, how long is it?
I might buy it on dvd if its worth it.(and does anyone know how much it sells for?)
I've noticed that the show is actually quite good at depicting real life drifting. They show the drivers using various techniques to drift and also show them using the heel-toe technique.

I'd apprectiate any info you all could give me.

Frozen
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:20 AM
Sounds interesting. I'm afraid I've not even heard bout it until now. I might check it out, but I don't think I could give you any info.

Cannibal Clown
Jul 27th, 2002, 02:15 PM
I've never seen the show, but i did read up a while a go that there is going to be a live action movie made out of it. It's supposed to be a very high budget gilm made in hong kong starring Jackie Chan. I posted this info up some time ago, just thought that i might want to say it again.

Hadoken
Jul 27th, 2002, 02:45 PM
jackie chan???? wtf??:peoples:
who's he gonna be playing. better not be the main character. that would just kill the movie.

merylsilverburg
Jul 28th, 2002, 02:56 PM
I haven't seen Initial D, but I've seen the trailer and I know that it's a very old anime, that just finally now reached the states. There's a manga, a PS (Japan only) game, and of course, an anime on it. The manga, I believe, goes for 24 or 25 volumes under the publisher Kodansha and labled under shounen stories. The mangaka is Shigeno Shuichi. The anime consists of 2 seasons, Initial D contains 26 episodes and Initial D: Second Stage contains 13 episodes. There are 2(?) OVAs and I believe 2 movies. I heard the music is very good too; don't know why, it just is. :D I don't know how much the DVD is in the US, since my little town doesn't have it yet, so I can't provide you with that info, sorry. I hope what I was able to give you helped. :)

Hadoken
Jul 29th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Thanks for all the info meryl!:cool:
At least now I know how many episodes it has. lol
I think i might pick up the entire box set dvd for initial d. its supposed to have both stages 1 and 2, and all episodes for each. i think it retails for about $70 or so. but pretty much worth it for all its got.
one thing i didnt like was that the graphics suddenly changed between stages 1 and 2. they both look kinda different.
i dont think i'll be getting any of the manga's though.
and the music is pretty good. cant wait to get the dvd's and watch it on the big screen. ;)

merylsilverburg
Jul 30th, 2002, 03:01 AM
I'm glad to help, Had. :) How is the CG in this anime anyway? I read it was nicely done and blended very well, but the trailer I saw.....hmm....I dunno...it didn't look that great to me. I think I just don't like the whole CG fitting in with traditional hand-drawn drawings....too weird for me.

Hadoken
Jul 30th, 2002, 11:36 AM
the CG actually looks pretty good. especially in the 2nd stage shows.
of course, when they upped it in the 2nd stage with the CG, they also upped it in details and graphics with the characters. which made them look different that before.
but other than that, the CG for the cars do blend it well.

merylsilverburg
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:25 AM
Thanks for letting me know, Had. Maybe I'll check it out if I get a chance. :)

BowevelJoe
Aug 4th, 2002, 01:09 PM
this anime is a bit dated..and the characters don't exactly have the traditional look about them. The CG in the first stage is extremely awkward, but like Hadoken said, it gets better in the 2nd..and i believe theres a 3rd stage too..im not sure, but im thinking there is..i have the first and 2nd stage..havent watched all of it yet, but so far its pretty good stuff :)