PDA

View Full Version : Playing PS 1 games on my PS 2

azn_guru
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Hey everybody! I was just wondering whether PS 1 games running on PS 2 are slower, than running on PS 1. A specific example is I bough Final Fantasy Chronicles, which came with Chrono Trigger (My fav RPG). I played Chrono Trigger on SNES, but on the PS 2 it seemed so much slower loading scenes, and accessing menus than even the SNES! Also note I bought a pre-owned FF Chronicles, and found some scratches on Chrono Trigger. Is it because of the cd? Any help or comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

Spank-A-Thon
Jul 26th, 2002, 07:59 AM
The SNES original of Chrono Trigger was a cartridge which means no loading. On PS1/PS2 it loads battles scenes, the menu and so on - hence the short delay. It's exactly the same with the PS version of Final Fantasy 4, 5 & 6...

Plus these games are being emulated on the PS so they will probably be a tad slower anyway.

99% of PS1 games run fine (i.e. 100% speed) on PS2.

- S

kools
Aug 13th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Hi there, saw your subject and thot I could piggy-back.
I recently bought a fully-mod PS2 (Messiah) which can play both NTSC and PAL Original and Copy games.

I am under impression that PS2 is backward compatible but my new PS2 can't play my Original PS games, even the original ones!? (tried Tekken 3)

Can anyone offer advice? I think I would take my PS2 back to shop but first see if any bro/sis have similar encounters? :P

macario
Sep 6th, 2002, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by kools
Hi there, saw your subject and thot I could piggy-back.
I recently bought a fully-mod PS2 (Messiah) which can play both NTSC and PAL Original and Copy games.

I am under impression that PS2 is backward compatible but my new PS2 can't play my Original PS games, even the original ones!? (tried Tekken 3)

Can anyone offer advice? I think I would take my PS2 back to shop but first see if any bro/sis have similar encounters? :P

maybe you should try a ps2 lens cleaner
my ps2 did not work with ps1 games till I bought a official
ps2 lens cleaner and it made my ps2 work like it was new.
maybe your lens are dirty.I cant remeber what my lens cleaner is called but its only for the ps and ps2

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:32 AM
anouther thing also is to if you want games to run faster on the ps 2 is change the playstation drivers on the ps2 consol to fast and smooth that should help speed things up