PDA

View Full Version : A question for consoles owners

Ruby Moon
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:22 AM
How many of you here have more than one console?
Would you buy a new console only for few games or do you think it's better to get a console only if it has several games you like?

Spank-A-Thon
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:05 AM
I have a PSX, PS2, DreamCast, GBA and a PC... I also intend to pick up a GameCube as soon as it gets more than 5 titles worth buying in the UK.

Back when I was a student, I wouldn't have dreamed of buying a new console purely for a few games... but being a working man these days - pah! No problem!

My only condition is that there must be at least 5 games that appeal to me before I will consider purchasing a new console.

Of course I may be able to afford new consoles now - problem is I don't get the time to play them!

- S

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 25th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Right now i have the ps2,xbox,gc,nintendo and sega genesis.i'll buy a new console if it has one good game on it

Hylas
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:14 AM
I "only" own a PSX, a PS2 and a GBA, and I'm not planning to buy a new console. And honestly, I don't think I could buy a console only because I like a couple of games...

BlackThornn
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:39 AM
I own a Sega Genesis with 32x and CD addons, PSX, PS2, GBA and PC.

I plan on picking up a Gamecube somewhere down the line but right now nothing there really appeals all that much to me 'cept Rogue Squadron.. and I'm not one to buy a console just for one game.

The Xbox I don't plan to get simply because I don't see M$ turning around and ceasing the ridiculous, offensive ad campaign they're running now.. If by some miracle they do stop pushing thier product as the only viable one and STOP trying to pull the rug out from thier competitors (Buying the OpenGL patents and probably jacking up the price to use them for Nintendo, trying to "snatch" away Squaresoft for another exclusive publisher rather than just negotiating a contract to get Square games...) then I'll go out and happily snag one along with all the cool games I've been hearing about and seeing for it. :D

x157anz
Jul 25th, 2002, 01:46 PM
i have PC,GBA,PS2 & a PSX.
I will soon be buying a gamecube as i have seen alot of games i would like. and its cheap enough.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 25th, 2002, 07:37 PM
PS2, Xbox, DC, and N64

Once I hear how Zelda is and Metroid then I'll consider Cube