PDA

View Full Version : Escape from NY and MGS

Ruby Moon
Jul 24th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Is it true that MGS games are inspired by John Carpenter's "Escape from New York"? Is it horror (like the greatest part of Carpenter's movies) or action (like MGS)? I know my questions can sound dumb to you, but I haven't watched this movie, so I was wondering if anyone can mention some of the most evident resemblances between games and movie, just to have an idea... :right:

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 24th, 2002, 02:41 PM
Theres only one thing that is similar and its the characters in both.Theres a guy in the escape from new york movie named snake pliskin and you can then see the resemblance with mgs because solid snake went be the alias pliskin in the second metal gear.Both character Solid snake (mgs) and snake pliskin(escape...)are both rough cut and tough grunts so to speak.They both have the real tough voices.Personally i thinked hideo kojima did that on purpose.

Ruby Moon
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the info. I thought there were more similarities, but it's cool to know the ones you mentioned anyways.

Miki
Jul 30th, 2002, 10:33 AM
I think the virus thing is also taken from the movie... but I may be wrong :confused:

MakgSnake
Jul 31st, 2002, 07:45 AM
First Of All Sorry For Not Posting For SOooon Long. But I Am Coming Home In 4 Days! Neway..

Well Ruby.....All I Have to Say Is That.... If Carpenter Wouldn't Have Made "Escape From New York"......There Would Have Been No "Solid Snake".....

Hideo Said In His Interview That "Solid Snake" Was Created After Seeing "Snake Pliskin".....Kojima Really Liked The "Snake Pliskin" Character That He Created Solid Snake.

And If U See "Escape From New York"....U'll See Alot Of Resemblance Of "Snake Pliskin" And Our "Solid Snake"....They Both Have Same Rude Accent And Both Of Em Dont Care Anything About Anyone....! Snake's Mullet .. And His Beard And All.

Escape From New York.......Gave Hideo An Idea .... For "Fox Die" Too.. Cause In That Film....Pliskin Gets Injected With A Medicine But Later He Finds Out That It Was Suppose to Finish Him Too. And In That Movie....He is Given 13 Or So Hours To Complete His Mission.

And If U See "Escape From L.A" (Sequal To Escape From NewYork)....U'll See Why Solid Snake Was Sent To "Shadow Moses Island" Through A Sumbarine. And In Escape From L.A.... Pliskin Meets A Female like "Meryl"... Who Gets Shot. Check Both Movies Out If Ure A MGS Fan. Cause Even Though They Are Not "THAT" Great...But Still A Nice GOOD Movie. I Have Both Of Em. I Watch Em Every Now And Then. Cause It'll Take HELL Lot Of Time For A METAL GEAR Movie TO Come Out So I Just Watch "Snake" In These Movies...!... Both Movies Are A MUST See For Any Person Who Likes MGS Even A Little Bittle Bit! :)

By The Way...."James Cameron" Was The Assistant Director For "Escape From NewYork"... ... Isn't That Amazing To Hear! That Movie Came Out In 1981.....The Year I Was Born.. I Guess Two "Snakes" Were Born That Year! :D :laugh:

Ruby Moon
Jul 31st, 2002, 09:48 AM
wow Snake! that was really detailed :)
I'll try to get the opportunity to watch the movies!