PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Underwater?

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:28 PM
Ok I don't know if this has been brought up before but it's something I've wondered about since I started FFX. Do Blitzball players breathe underwater? Can the Al Bhed breathe underwater too? I don't understand why some characters can swim and some can't. I didn't see any gills on Tidus, so what's up?

Soul Angel
Feb 1st, 2002, 06:16 PM
I think they are suppose to be able to hold there breath for a very long time, or that is what I heard anyway :)

IcyMourdor
Feb 1st, 2002, 07:29 PM
I would kill for a pair of lungs like those.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 1st, 2002, 08:54 PM
Well that's dumb. Holding your breath while playing a rough sport. Can you say "pass out". With the imagination put into the FF series, I'm sure they could have come up with something.

Soul Angel
Feb 1st, 2002, 09:08 PM
Well they might of still hold their breath but have evolved in some way so they can do rough sports like Blitzball underwater
Just a idea? :rolleyes:

jenova_jeb
Feb 1st, 2002, 09:42 PM
Since they're in "free water", they are able to breath, and move fast. I only wish free water were real :( .

Soul Angel
Feb 1st, 2002, 10:05 PM
Yeah that would be pretty cool jenova_jeb! :)
Oh well to bad it isn't real :o

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by jenova_jeb
Since they're in "free water", they are able to breath, and move fast.

Then how come certain characters can't go in water? Why only Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku? All I'm saying is there's no real explanation for it in the game. (that I've found)

Spirit
Feb 2nd, 2002, 02:53 AM
yea it kind of made me wonder, but not for long since I realized I was playing a ff game :D

Hadoken
Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

Then how come certain characters can't go in water? Why only Tidus, Wakka, and Rikku? All I'm saying is there's no real explanation for it in the game. (that I've found)

Its prolly because most of the other characters are bad at swimming.
wakka, tidus, and rikku can just jump in a start to swim.
i dont think auron could be swimming around in the water with all his equipment.
same for lulu, that dress would be a problem.:D

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:13 PM
Same as why cant every human swim, never learned or they dont wanna.