PDA

View Full Version : Chobits

Rei
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:12 PM
Everywhere I go I read: Chobits! Here and there, all around the web I hear people talking about Chobits.
Is it the typical Clamp's work, or is it a bit different from the other series they made? Is there a manga version and an anime version, or only the first one? I've seem some image of the manga, but not screencaps of the anime. From the reviews I've read it seems slightly different from their usual themes....

Cannibal Clown
Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:25 AM
I've been out of the anime loop for a bit, so idea what you're talking about. But It'd be nice if you could explain to me what you know of it. I'd like to learn more.

Reid
Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:47 PM
Chobits has both an anime and a manga and I've read and seen only a little of either, but it seems pretty good.

The story seems like pretty typical but there's something about it that it makes it really enjoyable and easy to watch.

The premise is that a young adult/older teenager moves to a future Tokyo. He moves into an apartment and becomes aquainted with a city that is much different than how life is in the country and also other important characters. He learns about robots that can be used as servants/telephones/data managers/etc. and wants to buy one but, unfortunately, he's too poor.

When out on a walk he happens upon a robot girl that is in a trash heap and takes her as her own.

I don't want to go any further any spoil the story but I can recommend it from what I've seen.

Also, it seems pretty different from other anime/manga that CLAMP has put out in the past, but they always seem to be experimented with different genres anyway.

merylsilverburg
Jul 25th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Yes, Chobits is very popular in Japan and for the ones who can get their hands on the fansubs. Though I haven't been able to watch it, it seems good, but yet I'm not sure if it's my type. The drawing does seem different from the usual CLAMP style, but it's a pretty change and I like it. I've seen the covers of the manga and it always intrigues me, but I never get it. :heh: Anyway, I'd say if you get a chance, you should check it out it seems unique.

Frozen
Jul 27th, 2002, 03:18 AM
I've seen the first 3 chapters and I have to say that it is very funny. And I like the art. I've seen better anime, though, but it is entertaining and the plot is not bad at all. If you like stuff like Ranma you will certainly like it.