PDA

View Full Version : Chap1 of Armagedon:Final Battle

Satans_Angel
Jul 21st, 2002, 11:56 PM
Chapter 1: Armagedon

It was Earth Year 3245. It seemed just like any other day of the year. My name is Zio, a 16 year old boy who lives on the space colony "Odysey". It wasn't till that day that I had to start living here. I haven't seen Earth for 7 years. This is my story:
I use to live in Chicago, Illinois. It was tough living on an over-populated plaent much less one of the most populated cities of the US. The country was constanly at war with some other country. Every day we lost more and more resources because countries would quit importing to us.
I had a dumb job at NASA. I always lived here because of my parents. NASA had opened up hundreds of research facilities all over the US. My parents met there. Then I came along....
I thought it would be just a normal boring day of work. I wish school still exsisted. They shut it down about 200 years ago because of the lack of money and supplies. Now we just learn whatever our parents now and how to do our parents jobs. I'm too "young" to help my parents right now.
Anyways back to the story. That day the worst thing ever in the history of the world. No one had been using any atomic bombs in the wars for fear that a nuclear war would break out. We never saw the terrorists coming. It happened at about noon.Every thing was normal with the sound of work all around. Then the most ear shattering explosion was heard. All the sounds stopped.
Didn't take long before information came out that a nuclear bomb had been dropped not only on Chicago but New YorK and LA. A terrorist group called Hell on Earth were responsible. They were located in Russia. It didn't take long for the government to start pointing fingers. They thought that Russia was giving this organization money.In the same day we dropped 5 nukes on Russia.
The nuclear war had began. It was devestating news for everyone. We knew the world would be scarred forever. Never did we think it would be destroyed. Although some thought other wise. My parents being some of those people. NASA was getting ready to launch a perfect space colony called Odysey. Other space programs had been trying to do the same but NASA topped all the others this time.
My parents were scientists that went into space to try and find a way to be able to colonize on other planets. Everyone had finally given up and decided it was impossible. So they went back to researching for the perfect space colony.
My parents were also going to be launched with this new colony. They were pretty important so they could pull some strings. They wanted me to come along. Ihad been through training so it would be possible. They just needed a good reason. They told me they had a bad feeling about the war. I didn't know what they meant then but I know now. They made up a bogus reason for the space commander. It took them to threaten him to refuse to go that finally made him agree. So I was going to space.
I didn't really want to go but I had no choice. I thank the lord now that I was forced to go. The day of the launch everyone was excited except for me. I didn't think it was that big a deal. So it was time for the launch. Every thing was ready.10,9,8, I hope nothing goes wrong,7,6, were those fighter planes I just heard?, 5,4,3, was that a blast,2......LAunch!
Everything started to shake. We flew faster and faster, higher and higher up. Then everything began to slow down and finally we stopped all together atleast thats what it felt like. We were finally allowed to get out of our stupid launch chairs.
Everyone looked sad and scared. I asked my parents what had happened. I wish I didn't now. The space port had been blown to pieces. Everyone was killed. They just had time to launch us before they were totally destroyed. This was awful but the next day would be the worst day of my life.
I didn't get much sleep that night. When I woke up the next day I knew it would be rotten. Everyone gathered together in the caffeteria for breakfast. There were about 200 people on board. Then we went to the gigantic telescope room to take a look at our surroundings and Earth....
It was so calm and beautiful untill.....It sounded like a billion freight trains crashing into each other. We quickly looked at Earth and so the explosion and all the pieces breaking up. It had happened the world had been destroyed..........

Okay this is the first chapter. Everyone be honest and tell me what you think of it and if I should keep writting it or what. This is my first story in a while so if its crappy make sure you tell me so I can practice a little more.

Pu the Owl
Jul 22nd, 2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Satans_Angel
I wish school still exsisted. They shut it down about 200 years ago because of the lack of money and supplies. Now we just learn whatever our parents now and how to do our parents jobs.

Lucky people! And it seems history repeats itself in your story: like in the ancient ages, they have to learn a job from their parents...

Interesting intro. Let's see what comes next ,)

Black Heart
Jul 22nd, 2002, 05:29 PM
Not bad...I'm curious to know if this will turn into a 100% sci-fi story or not :confused:

Satans_Angel
Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:23 PM
I'm really going to try and turn it into a fantasy. I'm working on the 2nd chapter: Hells fire and Heavens Song.

Carlito
Jul 24th, 2002, 07:03 AM
Yeah, that's an interesting intro for a story. Keep it up!

Ruby Moon
Jul 25th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Just a suggestion for you: don't transform this story into the usual one where US nukes Russia and Russia fires back, please :right:

Other than that, good work.

Hylas
Jul 25th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Moon
Just a suggestion for you: don't transform this story into the usual one where US nukes Russia and Russia fires back, please :right:

That's a really good point :laugh: