PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions ? (Revised)

Vicious_2003
Jul 21st, 2002, 03:15 PM
Ill rephrase that, I mean, what anime movies should I purchase that re any good, keep in mind im a huge Bebop fan.

Cannibal Clown
Jul 21st, 2002, 06:13 PM
Well,um, considering, i know that the whole renting thing is bull sh*t, i'll still suggest one. Vampire Hunter D, and the second one bloodlust are a good choice. But really, nothing compares to Cowboy Bebop, so can't help too much. Sorry.

Hylas
Jul 25th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Do you want to watch the movies or the TV series' episodes of some series you still don't know?

Vicious_2003
Jul 25th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Id prefer movies over episodes of shows. Ill go look for those, thanks

Black Heart
Jul 26th, 2002, 08:06 PM
Uhmm...that's difficult, because many movies are not easy to understand if you don't know the series they're from. I think you should watch some anime series and then watch also the movies. It's easier to find material. I'm not a great connoisseur of anime movies though. :heh:

Frozen
Jul 27th, 2002, 04:04 AM
What Black Heart said is true, but it shouldn't be a limitation.

As for me, I highly recommend the Rurouni Kenshin OAV's (Samurai X Trust, And Samurai X Betrayal)

As for me, I watched them before the series, and I do consider them a masterpiece. As a fact, I have not ever seen a single chapter of the series, not because I don't want to, but because I haven't got the oportunity.

I also recommend Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, and the Vampire D movies. But alas, hard to tell you something considering you like Cowboy Bebop.

Ah, let me think bout more and I'll recommend some more later.

But, regardless of your taste, I highly recommend RK OAV's because they're the hot §hit :D

merylsilverburg
Jul 28th, 2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Frozen
As for me, I highly recommend the Rurouni Kenshin OAV's (Samurai X Trust, And Samurai X Betrayal)

That's true and you should also check out the movie, while you're at it.

I also recommend Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, and the Vampire D movies. But alas, hard to tell you something considering you like Cowboy Bebop.

Those are good movies that Frozen recommended and of course, nothing compares to Bebop, so it's kinda hard to know what you're into. Here are some movies that may or may not be similar to Bebop, but they're still great movies to check out:

Akira, Jin-Roh, Metropolis, Armitage: Dual Matrix, Escaflowne: The Movie, Spriggan, and Princess Mononoke. I'm sure there's more, but my brain is kinda fried now. :P As for series, the closest thing to Bebop, IMO, would be Trigun or Hellsing. Trigun spans for 26 episode, I believe, while Hellsing has only 13. If you get a chance, you may want to check these two out. :)