PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Metal Black

AsylumEscapee
Jul 20th, 2002, 06:57 PM
I am just now playing TM:B for the very first time. And I have never seen a bigger example of cheating AI. This game is hard for all the wrong reasons. Why is it that I have to run around like an idiot for 10 minutes picking up weapons and my aponents have unlimited amounts of them?
Dont get me wrong, its an ok game, I just HATE the cheating AI.
Anyone here a fan of Twisted Metal Black?

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 20th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Well if you feel the AI is cheating, cheat right back. ;)

Infinite weapons - The controls must be set to the "Classic" option for this code to work. While playing a game, hold L1 + R1 + L2 + R2 and quickly press Up, X, Left, Circle. If you entered the code correctly, a message will appear

Infinite health and turbo - The controls must be set to the "Classic" option for this code to work. While playing a game, hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 and quickly press Right, Left, Down, Up. If you entered the code correctly, the words "Invulnerability On" will appear

Infernal Mass
Jul 20th, 2002, 08:10 PM
The best thing to do is use the enviorment against the enemies. Get to know the levels and their secrets. You've probably already noticed that not only do they have unlimited weapons,specials..but when you concentrate on one enemy the others will come and help out whoever you're shooting. BUt that's the best course of action ..just focus on one opponent if it gets to crazy throw on the turbos and get the hell out of there.

The hardest level is the drive-in. That's where all your skills will come into play. The worse thing about that arena is ..there's nowhere to run.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 20th, 2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Kabuki Magnifico
The hardest level is the drive-in. That's where all your skills will come into play. The worse thing about that arena is ..there's nowhere to run.

Thanks to what you said, I decided to avoid the drive-in by choosing the snowy level instead. Which, surprisingly, was a lot easier than the boat one I just had to do.

Hmm.. the rooftop thing wasnt hard either. Guess the boat was the only frustrating level...

Daniel Legge
Jul 21st, 2002, 11:23 AM
i like TM:B but i thought the best twisted metal game was TM2 world tour what do u guys think.

P.S i am a 14 yr old boy who is very mature for my age and i respect al you ppl on here its nice to talk to mature ppl for a change and i think this is a great site keep up the good work.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 21st, 2002, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I still have my copy of TM2. I agree its the best one, even if it has some of the same problems. I remember getting frozen 3 times in a row, which was impossible for you to pull off. TMBs AI doest use freeze nearly as often, which Im thankful for.

Satans_Angel
Jul 21st, 2002, 05:03 PM
I just now started playing TW:B too. I have to agree it seems the AI is just a big cheater! I thought the rooftop was the hardest level. The drive-in was pretty easy for me. I think TW:4 was the best TW. I didn't really like the first couple that came out.

Best Cheat: God Mode
hold L1+L2+R1+R2 and press up,x,left,o. Now you are the cheater!

PS How do you unlock the secret characters?

AsylumEscapee
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:27 PM
Well, after beating the game with a couple of different characters, I realize that this game isnt as bad as I first thought it to be. After a couple of runs, it gets.. easy. Good enough to compleatly forget about the AI. Loads of replay value, too. Not bad.

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:46 PM
All right, now you guys did it. You got me in the mood to play TMB and so I had to go out and buy it. :laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 23rd, 2002, 11:34 AM
Yeah the game is awesome.Very good edition to the twisted metal series.Although 2 was the best TM:black did some things to revitalize the genre,unlike twisted metal 3 and 4 which just drug it down.

Beretta55
Aug 1st, 2002, 02:21 AM
yea the AI can be *******'s but i cheated back!! BUHAHAHAHAHAHA!! but it was good i think it is the best TM and TM2 were awsome! TM3 and TM4 kinda of sucked i liked TM3 alot cause there was blood in it.

MisterGoat
Aug 1st, 2002, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Daniel Legge

P.S i am a 14 yr old boy who is very mature for my age and i respect al you ppl on here its nice to talk to mature ppl for a change and i think this is a great site keep up the good work.

lol

I think the game sucks doodoo, but its prolly because I've only played for 20 minutes now and didnt bother to go thru the manual yet.

MisterGoat
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:50 AM
woo played it again, ok its cool
now i'm at the first boss, some big truck, he has a shield and stuff and i cant get thru it

any help?

AsylumEscapee
Aug 2nd, 2002, 03:32 PM
Shoot out the green glowing panels. After that, just shoot guided weapons from a distance and you should be fine.

Actually, just shoot him from a distance, eventually youll hit out the panels.

Or you can go for a more direct approach using the shield move.

MisterGoat
Aug 3rd, 2002, 09:10 AM
yeah i got it! heh, now i'm at the helicopter boss, how the hell do i destroy this guy?

AsylumEscapee
Aug 5th, 2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by MisterGoat
yeah i got it! heh, now i'm at the helicopter boss, how the hell do i destroy this guy?
Heh. Disable the tankers that come riding in, but dont destroy it just yet. Wait for the helicopter to fly over the almost-destroyed tanker, then shoot the tanker one last time and it should blow up, damaging the chopper over it. After the shields are down, just shoot it with guided weapons.. and keep moving.