PDA

View Full Version : I just beat MGS2

beat_the_game89
Jul 20th, 2002, 12:57 AM
I just beat MGS2. I have to admit that I didn't really like the first mgs that much but this 2nd one had to be one of the greatest games I've played in a while. I can't wait to get substance! I'm also thinking 'bout giving in and buying mgs. I think it deserves another chance......

Vic Viper
Jul 20th, 2002, 02:09 AM
yup, SOL is a master piece :D. if I were you, I would consider giving MGS another chance.

Solidus
Jul 20th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Yeah, this game is great, I agree with ya. But no game beats Final Fastasy V, in my opinion. And if I were you, I should consider to buy MGS as well, although you may be shocked after you see the graphics.

Lone Wolf
Jul 20th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by beat_the_game89
I just beat MGS2. I have to admit that I didn't really like the first mgs that much but this 2nd one had to be one of the greatest games I've played in a while. I'd have to disagree on this. I prefered the first MGS's story and difficulty. This one seemed more out there, I figured the point of MGS was that the games seemed so realistic. This one again was way out there with the Patriots etc.. MGS1 seemed more difficult as well. The brevity of the game and constant movie feel was annoying. I'd like to play a game. But this is just comparing it to a great game. MGS2 was pretty damn good, compared to most other games out.

Dark Angel
Jul 26th, 2002, 02:57 PM
I agree with Lone Wolf, and I still prefer MGS1 as it's more story driven I think, whereas MGS2 had the graphics to fall back on with the lacking story, which really isn't bad, just not as good as MGS1's! And there was the constant whining people had about Raiden, but honestly give MGS1 another try, just don't keep trying to shoot glass out or shot in first person!

Frozen
Aug 8th, 2002, 03:51 PM
MGS was the first masterpiece. MGS 2 was the same thing mostly, but perfected. About the lack of storyline...... you guys know that the story of MGS 2 has not been told entirely yet, so we still can not give any judgements to it.

But yeah, I liked a little bit better the first game's storyline, but I don't think that the second game lacks of one.