PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with the ps2

ludaman99
Jul 18th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Look i like the ps2 as much as the next guy but why do i keep hearing all these things about it messing up. I dont hear nearly as many complaints about the GC or the Xbox. I can understand that they might have some problems during launch and all but its been over a year now. Geez............:frust:

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:18 PM
There is nothing wrong with the ps2 hardware.I have the very first model of the ps2 and its still fine even though i made a mistake in not cleaning it once and had to have it repaired no other problems have happened.Hey ludaman you mind posting some of these so called problems

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 18th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Yes please post them. I've never had any problem whatsoever with mine.

Harry
Jul 19th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Never had any problem with any of the four models we have here... two NTSC and two PAL systems...

Daniel Legge
Jul 19th, 2002, 10:23 AM
Iv had my PS2 sice they were released in europe and never really had a problem with it.

The only problem that i have come accross is that my TTT disc has a scratch on it (its a little white scatch that goes about a querter of the way round, this smae thing happened to someone else i know, Does anyone know if this is the hardware or the disc?

EXactly the same thing happened with my copy of Medal of honor:frontline, this happened less than a month after i got it and i cant figure out why!!

i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem

kamari-ice
Jul 19th, 2002, 11:55 AM
I have no problem with mine. :happy:
Even if you drop mine, it would still work. :happy:

ludaman99
Jul 19th, 2002, 02:02 PM
I did not write any of these complaints i simply went around to different forums and copy and pasted none of these are mine as i do not have a ps2. I have taken all these posts from different forums so dont be suprised if u see yours.

I have a question concerning the ps2. I probably should have gone to the PS2 FAQ forum but it looks as if there are more people in this one. I've had my ps2 for a while now. I got it about 4 - 6 months after sony released the ps2. Anyway, lately i've been having trouble with it. When I put a ps2 game in the screen says reading disc error or cannot locate disc or something like that. It's the same for dvds.

everytime I turn my PS2 on and the memory card is already inserted (before turning the PS2 on insert the mem card first) the "cube" on the PS2 opening sequence is distorted w/ white colors and the 3D cubes are not 3D at all, but whenever I try turning the PS2 on w/out the memory card inserted the "cube" is not distorted and the 3D cubes are fully translucent and spinning, has anyone noticed this? and what could be the cause? is it because of bad blocks or corrupted datas? I tried erasing all the corrupted datas on the memory card but still whenever I turn the my PS2 on the cube on the opening sequence is distorted (becomes an ordinary white square and not spinning and opaque)

my PS2 is an SCPH 30001-R US version, my memory card is an original 8 MB Sony memory card.

okay, I'm @#%$ off. My PS2 doesn't play any of my PS1 games anymore, and its making me mad. I payed $300 for the piece of @#%$ and it screws up on me. I haven't thrown it across the room or hit it or anything, so something must have just gone wrong. Anybody know if anyone else has similar problems, or does anyone know what might be wrong?

My playstation 2 keeps scratching the games that I put in there its like once I take a game out theres a big white circle around it would it hlp if I put it in a different position someone plz hlp me.

I did not put too many as it might seem that i hate the ps2 or something. In fact im looking forward to getting one its just that im afraid that i might i have some of the same problems listed here.

BTW im not trying to start anything so dont start flaming me i was just wondering if anyone is as fed up as i am. :peoples: