PDA

View Full Version : What is the best 1st person shooter

AudioBoxer
Jul 14th, 2002, 06:33 PM
What is the best other that Medal of honor, I am talking about games for PS2????

thenagan81
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:50 PM
MOH Red Faction Quake III James Bond Agent Under Fire

Sid554
Jul 14th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Amongst FPSs I've actually played, I would call it a tie between Half-Life and Red Faction. Both games have solid storylines and gameplay along with pretty decent graphics(though dated now).
I would've also included Deus Ex, but I haven't played it enough yet. From what I've played thus far though, it seems like a much deeper game than either of the two I previously mentioned.

AudioBoxer
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:05 PM
ok great, I played the game No One Lives Forever and this game is pretty fun. A ok story line and pretty good graphics, plus the game is really really long and it is a challenge

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 15th, 2002, 11:47 AM
Timesplitters is the best FPS still out for ps2.If you look past that some what linear single player the games is the bomb.Its one the best multiplayer games out now.

Beretta55
Jul 15th, 2002, 12:43 PM
halo,medal of honer frontline,red faction thats all i can think of.

Solidus
Jul 19th, 2002, 01:46 PM
1: Medal of Honor Frontline.
2: Timesplitters 1&2
3: Red Faction 1&2

happy_doughnut
Jul 19th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Medal of Honor : Frontline and Unreal Tournament are both good, solid, FPS. I'm guessing Timesplitters 2 will be a good as well *when* it comes out.

Vic Viper
Jul 20th, 2002, 01:47 AM
hands down, it has to be Medal of Honor: Frontline.

JC Denton
Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:08 PM
deus ex may be rubbish for ps2, but on pc , i would rate it as the second best game i have ever played ever,

the storyline has so much depth, not that i have any conspiricy theores but its also believeable to a certain extent,

plus being english i like corruption theores of the us, i dont hear much about our goverment.

but that aside, for a start the graphics are good, only good but good is all you need for a good game ,not even that really, its a shame they dont seem to die properly but still, there is plenty of rpg elements such as skill points ect. which is what i like. Its not to difficult to die which is good and the areas are brilliant and believeable and plenty of diversity between them. But as i said the storyline is the best part of the game.

i cant wait for number two!!!!

but unreal tournament is good too, the storyline is just an excuse to have lots of mad killing though. owell,

it sure is addictive.

Satans_Angel
Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:13 PM
The only FPS I've played so far is Medal of Honor Frontline but you have to remember I only got my PS2 a couple weeks ago for my birthday and I've spent most of my time on FFX and MGS2. I still think Medal of Honor is one of the greatest FPSs I've ever played. I hated agent under fire but I only played it on my GC.

Gaming Wizard
Jul 24th, 2002, 03:59 PM
For ps2 the best one person shooter I would say timesplitters but if we are talking all consoles and pc I would say Unreal Tornament (pc version) kicks most ass.

x157anz
Jul 25th, 2002, 01:41 PM
I have played Red Faction and Half Life ,
I think Red Faction is better as it has a great story line and the multiplayer is fun (you can buy it really cheap in shops)

Macceh^
Jul 25th, 2002, 02:32 PM
If we are talking about PS2 then no doubt Red Faction. Halflife's single player is appauling imo, Timesplitters is exellent fun multiplayer though :)

AudioBoxer
Jul 29th, 2002, 09:09 AM
LOL ya Half Life sucked on PS2 cus it was simply made PC. Plus you have to have the mods and the multi player to have fun anyways with HL

AudioBoxer
Jul 29th, 2002, 09:10 AM
LOL guys Sorry I ment best FPS for the PS2

MakgSnake
Aug 4th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Here Are The Nomonies For The Best "First Person Shooter" For The Playstation2 Entertainment System!.!

IMO

1.) Red Faction
2.) Agent Under Fire
3.) Half-Life
4.) Medal Of Honor : Frontline
5.) Timesplitters

And The Award Goes To "Medal Of Honor : Frontline". That Game Is The Best FPS Ive Played On Any Console. Halo Was Good, But IMO MOH Is Better!.! Damn, Amazing MUSIC, Excellent Stages, Missions And AI!.! ThankGod I Bought This Game!.! It Simply Rules.

But I Think TimeSplitters2 Would Be Better (Only If Its Going To Have A Good Storyline To It). Lets See What Happens

BowevelJoe
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:03 PM
it will be Timesplitters 2..Socom might be good, and Redfaction 2 is going to be some snazzy stuff..the best FPS console game to me is easily Halo, its not overated, it really is good stuff..

the best FPS for PS2 is a hard decision, because to me..they all seem bland..and lacking..either its graphic wise, or gameplay wise..you can ***** at me, i dont care, i own all 3 systems (gamecube,ps2,xbox) and FPS on the PS2 have just been lacking in my opinion, but like i said, when TS2 and RF2 come out, whow buddy, theres some competition :D

TS2 IS going to have a storyline Makg, dont worry about that, its going to rock my friend!

MakgSnake
Aug 4th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe

TS2 IS going to have a storyline Makg, dont worry about that, its going to rock my friend!
Yeah Thats What SSSnake Told Me Too... But Lets See What They Can Make Out Of It........ TS Seemed Sooooo Unfinished GAME..... But Still It Was Awesome....

And Bowe......If U Think PS2 Lacks The FPS Games. Name Some "Amazing" Ones On Xbox And GC. Just Want To Know!.!

AudioBoxer
Aug 5th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Ya No One Lives Forever was also a really good game, one plus to is that it is very long, you get your moneys worth. You can also do more stuff like sneak and peek parts and snipe parts it is really fun, you even sky dive in the game!!!!