PDA

View Full Version : god

Spirit
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:20 PM
what is ur belief in god and how do u interpret it?

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:22 PM
Wow! i see and argument coming here.Anyways i do believe in god and he has a plan for all of us. everything that happens to me i believe there is a reason to.

Pu the Owl
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:29 PM
I'm not atheist, but agnostic.
It basically means I have not any kind of belief in God and religious matters, but I'm not denying the existance of God.

Spirit
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:33 PM
heheh maybe I should rephrase it:
How do you interpret god? Is he son of jesus? what's your religion and how do you look upon afterlife?

Pu the Owl
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:34 PM
God being son of Jesus?
I've always heard the opposite thing :D

Spirit
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:48 PM
bah u know I meant a christian religion, I'm sorry I'm a bit drunk right now, so don't mind me....

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:49 PM
There is 3 of them god the son ,god the father and god the holy spirit

kamari-ice
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:54 PM
I am not no religion, but what I do is read the Bible, and it says that God is what made us.
You might think the opposite, but thats what I believe.
And you can't interpret that, thats what you believe.
I don't go to church either, so I can't really say nothing.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:56 PM
I also believe that,god created everything

jenova_jeb
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:00 PM
I'm a Christian. I believe that Jesus is the son of God. That the only way to get to heaven is to believe in him, and ask him for forgivness, and he will save you.

Cannibal Clown
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:28 PM
I am also a christian and I believe in everything about what the bible says about God and Jesus and all the other stuff that comes with it. I don't really read the bible, but i don occasionally go to church and pay attention. I believe in both heaven and hell and everything that one must do in order to get into each.

I'm not a good christian, and though I'd like to think that I'm going to heaven, after all of the stuff I do, and that i don't do, I honestly think I have a good chance of ending up in hell for all eternity. I'm not proud of that, or looking forward to it. I'm just not a good person when it comes to being a good christain.

The only thing I can't seem to get around with about the bible is the whole thing about the age of the earth. It's got to be more than 14 thousand years old.

007_JamesBond
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:31 PM
Nothing personal but the extent of my faith lies souly in me

Rei
Jan 31st, 2002, 08:52 PM
I'm not a religious person, but my family is Christian, so I've learnt more or less what's written in the Bible.
I'd like to learn more also about other religions, like Buddhism, and study the whole matter more deeply.

IcyMourdor
Jan 31st, 2002, 09:07 PM
I'm not religious at all. I think the religions are going too far out to try and get people to join their parish. I feel that there is no upper power in the universe. I think it is just a false hope among human insecurity. I'm not saying that religions are bad, I'm just saying I don't believe in them. I also don't have all the answers. No one ever will.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
I'm not religious at all. I think the religions are going too far out to try and get people to join their parish. I feel that there is no upper power in the universe. I think it is just a false hope among human insecurity. I'm not saying that religions are bad, I'm just saying I don't believe in them. I also don't have all the answers. No one ever will.

So you dont believe in god.Thats very shocking

Spirit
Mar 2nd, 2002, 10:00 PM
god is all around us we don't need any f-ing religions to prove that!!!!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by spiritslayer
god is all around us we don't need any f-ing religions to prove that!!!!

This is sort of true but some people need religion to hold there faith with god

IcyMourdor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:23 PM
CC and I just had conversation on God and religions. I don't believe in any God or religion. I'm not going to say why do to that I might upset some people and I wouldn't want that to happen.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:33 PM
Come on mourdor there has to be something in the back of your mind that says there some unknow force out there

IcyMourdor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:40 PM
Nope, there isn't. I don't believe that this all-powerful being that created us all.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Mourdor
Nope, there isn't. I don't believe that this all-powerful being that created us all.

You should really try to find some faith.It will make you feel better to

IcyMourdor
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:48 PM
Naw

I don't need to put my faith into something I won't believe is right.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:49 PM
Welp im done trying

kupoartist
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:49 PM
I think there may be somthing out there, (and i'd like to think so, as much as it sometimes seems impossible) I just don't think that a single religon has ever interpreted it in a way I believe, or at least would like to believe...

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by the_artist
I think there may be somthing out there, (and i'd like to think so, as much as it sometimes seems impossible) I just don't think that a single religon has ever interpreted it in a way I believe, or at least would like to believe...

How do you believe in god whats different discuss it

kupoartist
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:42 PM
... I'm not totally sure I do believe in God, but I largely base this on the fact that I can't say I've seen it in action... Perhaps i'm just not looking for the right things, but If there is a God, its more abstract and maybe even less influential than some religons claim it to be. Or Somthing...

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 3rd, 2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by the_artist
... I'm not totally sure I do believe in God, but I largely base this on the fact that I can't say I've seen it in action... Perhaps i'm just not looking for the right things, but If there is a God, its more abstract and maybe even less influential than some religons claim it to be. Or Somthing...

Hmmmm thats quite interesting.

jenova_jeb
Mar 3rd, 2002, 02:39 PM
I've been a christian since about the age of 5, and I've seen God move in miraculous ways. Two times really stand out to me... There's no doubt in my mind that God is real, and that he created us, and loves us.
If anyone would like, I would be willing to discuss Christianity with anyone that would have questions via chat or email.

Reid
Mar 3rd, 2002, 03:02 PM
I find that a lot of organized religion contradicts itself over time, so I have a hard time filing myself into one.
I believe that there is a higher power out there, but that could possibly be some animal instict to comfort myself, right?
I was raised Protestant until I was around 7 and our local church became too corrupt to continue going to, then my family attended a Mennonite church, but I have problems with that faith as well. Our family also has several Roman Catholic members as well, so we have a large exposure to different religions.

I seem to have lost my train of thought.
Sorry.
:heh:

007_JamesBond
Mar 4th, 2002, 12:30 PM
You all read my fire thread and you see if I think that god exists.

trunks69420
Mar 4th, 2002, 01:02 PM
I am like CC. I am christian, but not a good one. I feel really bad about this but the world keeps f-ing w/ me and making me go farther away. I lost two great friends to a car accident, and i just found out today that someone that was a great friend killed himself yesterday. I dont speak blasphemy but, why do these things happen if we are to be christian. No one ever said it was going to be easy being christian, but why does it have to be so hard?? I really try, but it all seems for naught.
SO, I do believe in: God, Heaven, Hell, and i am Christian

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 4th, 2002, 02:12 PM
I'm a Christian too and I believe Jesus is the way. But living it can be a struggle.

JC Denton
Mar 4th, 2002, 04:18 PM
personaly i do not believe in any gods, though i do respect what ever anyone else wants to belive and i am never willing to argue with somone about religion. it is good to believe in something as it gives you a sense of fufilment and a set of ethics to live by. personaly i believe in survival of the fitest. that is what makes us what we are.

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 07:12 PM
me im not a christ person so dont belive in god that much no profe

Cannibal Clown
Mar 4th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by trunks69420
I am like CC. I am christian, but not a good one. I feel really bad about this but the world keeps f-ing w/ me and making me go farther away. I lost two great friends to a car accident, and i just found out today that someone that was a great friend killed himself yesterday. I dont speak blasphemy but, why do these things happen if we are to be christian. No one ever said it was going to be easy being christian, but why does it have to be so hard?? I really try, but it all seems for naught.
SO, I do believe in: God, Heaven, Hell, and i am Christian

Don't fret too much about the stuff that's happened to you in the past. It's true that life can royally suck. I've also been around death all of my life, friends and family alike. I've made and lost many friends and some because of more personal reasons than others.

But you should never question your faith whenever something tragic happens. That's what life is about. Things like that are meant to happen for some reason or another. You just have to learn to get through with it and realize that everything happens for a reason.

I'm very sorry for your friend. I can't express how terable that must be for you. But just try to remember that everyone dies and as long as the person is remembered and still cared for after he/she dies, he will never die in vain.

I hope you had a good friendship with this person and that he's at a better place not. And whatever reasons he had fpr killing himself, i hope you will find out,or at least get some sort of an idea. Because that'll make all the better knowing what the reason was and finding some way to cope with it.

For me, no matter how bad life gets, I can always seem to turn to God and work through it. Life used to be real bad for me a few years ago as well. My freshmen year pushed me to the point where I found myself in a room with a loaded gun pointing in my mouth and my finger on the trugger, but at that point I realized how foolish I was being and that I would get no benifit out of killing myself.

Just always remember that and I hope that whatever happens to you in the end, you can look back on your life and say you were a happy person.

I'm not the one who should be preaching to anyone about how to run their lives, just a little input from someone who can see where you're coming from.

trunks69420
Mar 5th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Thanks a lot Cannibal. As i am in a bad situation right now, it is good to know that there are people out there going through the same things. A couple of months ago, suicide was a good idea. I wouldnt use the gun(didnt want to ruin my pretty face), i tried hanging, smothering, and other stupid crap. Then i finally realized it wasnt worth it, and went on to living. Now the thing that really keeps me going is the women and other things of that order. GTA3 helps release a lot of stress too, thank god For PS2!! Anyways, i know i shouldnt completely abandon my faith, i still go to church every sunday, and am starting to get back into the swing of things. Thanx a lot for the encouragement CC.:phew:

Cannibal Clown
Mar 5th, 2002, 04:53 PM
yeah, if you ever need to talk about something concerning things like that, I'm always free for conversation, and I'll always respond with something worth while to hear. At least i hope I'll be able to turn a new light on a few things.

talon101
Mar 6th, 2002, 01:24 AM
thats nice cc

happy_doughnut
Jun 26th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Hm, why not.

Well, I'm Christian... well, sort of. It's rather difficult to explain.
I strongly believe in God and in Jesus. I know... that if it weren't because I commend myself to Him, I would be nothing. God has done much for me in my life so therefore, I have more than enough reason as to why I should believe in Him and never doubt Him. However, I don't believe in the Holy Trinity. I think that Jesus and God are one in the same, at least that is what I was taught, and that is what I believe.
I know God exists. He has manifested himself in my life countless times. Yet... I doubt the church I go to. You see, I don't go that often, and frankly I find it to be a waste of time from time to time.
I know it's eccentric and whatnot. But, our Pastor... well, there are just somethings about him I do not approve of. Because of him and other church members, I have grown apart from my church. They always think of me as a " troubled youth " and stuff, but I'm not.
I hate the way they think I'm growing apart from God himself when I know I'm not. I always pary at least once a day, and always keep Him and my mind aswell as in my heart.
With that being said, I guess you can say that I'm not that religious taking in mind the fact that I seldomly go to church, but yet, I will always believe in God and will try to follow his ways.
However, like Sleazy said, at times... that can prove to be rather hard, but I still try.
Meh, I'm not a "good" Christian at all, I just hope I don't end up in Hell :(

BlackThornn
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:05 PM
I believe in god, but I do not associate with any religion. I believe in god, but I do not believe in any modern incanation of religion.

To me.. god is incomprehensible, a being so powerful, so grand, that there could be no associations toward it made by us that could be anything near accurate. I think religions make far too many references to god in order to not be what would be considered true blasphemy by God. I think people that are adamant about religion are mostly misguided.. but some are downright evil. Or insane. (Pope: Masturbation=Sin, But you can only molest one kid without it being as much. -_-)

God is not a man.. God is not a woman.. God did not lay down laws against homosexuality, or there would BE no homosexuals. God did not say that only one people were the chosen people. God did not say that women should wear bedsheets. HUMANS laid down these rules.. for the most part only to make thier OWN LIVES better, usually at the extreme sacrifice of others.

In short.. I believe in god, but not in any organized religion. The Human body has over a Trillion cells working in unison.. something that complex that works as well as it does could not be just random. I believe something had to start what has us here today.. I believe there is a god because I believe that souls exist.. not in the way many of us believe, but how could there be something beyond our lives if there were not something to make that life beyond life? But the supposed rules that are laid down by the religions... well, in my eyes they are not of divine origin. "Don't eat pork."? Please..

The only thing I think is required to get into heaven is to try your best to be a good person. I don't mean a complete buhddist pacifist that doesn't harbor any anger against anyone.. because that is against the nature that God created.. but don't go around killing, making other people's lives miserable.. That kind of thing. Trying your best I believe is the most God would want to ask of us, unless Heaven and Hell are like what they are in the South Park movie, with Heaven having a population of like 1,482 and Hell having one of 640,756,468,778,456,156,622..

"I believe in God and an Afterlife only because Energy cannot die.. it can only change form." -Einstien, paraphrased.

FJ G-T
Jun 27th, 2002, 12:57 AM
I believe in God... How are we going to be alive without god. even though i haven't seen him yet, but i still believe in him!!

Frozen
Jun 28th, 2002, 04:04 AM
I think that it'd be stupid to say that we were all created just by chance, just a coincidence. I do believe in God. Perhaps not in the way most of ppl describe him/her. My beliefs go close to those of Christianity, yet, I still have not a solid idea of God. The only thing I'm sure about, is that religions all are bs (I mean no offense). Religions are just stupid. If there is only one God, then why som any religions? Besides, religions were not created by God. they were created by men. And what is the thing that men like to do? Grow powerful. Having power in religion makes am an powerful above all others who believe in his / her religion. I mean, all the churchs. Just look at them. All the influence they have had in history. And all the hypocresy you can see. And besides all the money they get and stuff.

What the hell. Have you guys seen the movie Stigmata? It is badass. I highly recommend it. It gives a good point for this matter. And I highly agree with the message they give htere, that, is basically, that if you want to praise God and be in harmony with him, you don't need to go to a temple or bow to a priest for God to forgive you and to love you, and for you to communicate with him.

So I just see the churchs useless. and religions, well, kinda the same thing. If u believe in God, hell, just be cool with the other ppl and cool with God, be grateful for the things you've got and do no harm to others. And be helpful if you can. But don't try to be a hypocrite who fakes that is suffering because others are as well. like those guys who quit eating or don't marry because of that "vote of casticity" or wahtever u call that. I find that useless.

Well, I can resume all the bs I have said in a short sentence : I believe in God but not in any religions. And I think that religions themselves are the problem in that "mystery" about God. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone as I did not intend to.