PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on consoles

Sid554
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:10 PM
If you could only choose one console, which would it be and why?

Infernal Mass
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:16 PM
playstation 2,

mainly for the amount/variety of software it has.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:21 PM
I own all three right now,but if i didnt have any at all and i had to pick one to start out with all over again i would still go with the ps2.

KraftSLU
Jul 11th, 2002, 07:16 PM
I'd have to go xbox of course, mainly because I am on online play advocate and I like to have as much functionality out of something that is going to tie up my valuable entertainment center space as possible.

Sid554
Jul 11th, 2002, 10:17 PM
I would probably pick the PS2, for the reason Kabuki mentioned.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 13th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
I'd have to go xbox of course, mainly because I am on online play advocate and I like to have as much functionality out of something that is going to tie up my valuable entertainment center space as possible.

Microsofts online gaming service isnt even up yet..

Personally, I'd go with the PS2. It has more high ranking games.

Vicious_2003
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:20 AM
The PS2 ofcourse, more titles, better titles, and for those reasons only. But you give microsoft a few years and Im willing to bet theylle be giveing Sony a SERIOUS run for thier money

AudioBoxer
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:31 PM
PS2 of course, 1 reason has any other game been number 1 as long as GTA3 has I dont think so, It has been number 1 on sales since the 1st day it came out. I do have all 3 consoles and my order is probably 1.PS2 2.Gamecube 3.XBox

1.Ps2 rules
2.Gamecube- maybe the only system that you would be able to use emulators on cus its nitendo
3.XBox sucks from my point of view, I am trying to see it so if anyone wants to buy it with 4 controllers, 11 games, Including Halo, DVD hook up, all for $185 in very good condition

Sid554
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by TrikTopz

3.XBox sucks from my point of view, I am trying to see it so if anyone wants to buy it with 4 controllers, 11 games, Including Halo, DVD hook up, all for $185 in very good condition

You really hate it that much?

AudioBoxer
Jul 14th, 2002, 09:47 PM
I dont hate it that much I just dont like it. I can sell something I dont play for money which then I can buy the modem for PS2 plus socom and everquest and DuesX2, so thats why plus it sucks the only good game is Halo

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:21 PM
Well in my opinion the Xbox definately does not suck...some titles like Halo (obviously) Morrowind (over 200+ hrs of pure entertainment) Hunter: The Reckoning (Fun party game), those three titles are what I've been playing for awhile. And some of the games comin out for it look amazing...Ninja Gaiden, Project Ego, Brute Force, Steel Batallion, and Star Wars KOTOR...Xbox definately has major potential for the future...

But Sony has given me so many years of bliss...I'm an RPG fanatic through and through and no other console can quench my thirst like Playstation...so I'm definately stickin with PS2

AsylumEscapee
Jul 14th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by TrikTopz
I dont hate it that much I just dont like it. I can sell something I dont play for money which then I can buy the modem for PS2 plus socom and everquest and DuesX2, so thats why plus it sucks the only good game is Halo

Seriously, the only game I actually want to play is Halo. I think if it wasnt for Halo, Xbox would have died by now.