PDA

View Full Version : my ps2 hit the ground help

silenthill3
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:27 PM
my ps2 hited the ground today and i have a question, i know this may sound stupid but... can graphics of the console lose quality because of the fall?

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:18 PM
I don't think so. Perhaps an experiment is in order. Now as hard as you can, hit yourself in the forehead with the PS2, then immediately play FFX. Report you findings back here.

Sid554
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Of course, if something got knocked outtta whack. Chances are more likely that you'd have overall functionality problems rather than just graphics problems. I wouldn't worry too much though, electronics are built pretty well and can absorb some impact (that is, unless you're thinking of taking a hammer to it or something).

Sid554
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
I don't think so. Perhaps an experiment is in order. Now as hard as you can, hit yourself in the forehead with the PS2, then immediately play FFX. Report you findings back here.

:laugh:

The Rhythmosaur
Jul 15th, 2002, 07:59 PM
There are some points where connections are melted together, and those might brake. So if you wanna play soccer, you better use a footbol or a bad game instead of your PS. Or you do it by feeding ps with a good soccer game...

Frozen
Aug 3rd, 2002, 12:48 PM
That kind of artifacts are usually designed to resist such impacts (not too frequently tho)

I remember the first day I bought me a PS (several years ago) and I was playing, I think it was Vigilante 8 or something like that, don't remember very well, the thing is, when I was playing a stupid friend of mine didn't watch his step and put his leg on the controller cable and made the PS fall, (it was like 1 meter above the ground ) and it hitted the ground and all, but the game just continued as if nothing happened, and the song it was playing wasn't even bothered.

As for the Ps 2 I do not know, I hope is as tough :laugh: I don't think it will affect your PS 2 such fall, unless it was a pretty bad impact it got. And if it got some damage, it won't affect the grahics or anything like that, it won't just work or load the games.