PDA

View Full Version : Vertical Stand Up Problem!

MakgSnake
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:15 PM
How Many Of U Guys Put Ure PS2 On Vertical Stand. I Mean.....Does It Cause Any Problems........Cause A Friend Of Mine Told Me That........Cause Of Making It Stand Vertical Is Ruined His Three Games.!.

Has The Same Thing Ever Happened To U Guys?.?........

IcyMourdor
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:34 PM
I don't bother with the vertical thing. Its eaiser for me because the shelf its on is very high. I almost couldn't reach it if it was standing up and there is no other place to put it.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 31st, 2002, 06:40 PM
Too much of a pain, I too put it on a shelf below my TV.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:42 PM
i dont have a vertical stand but i was standing it upright for awhile when i first got my ps2,and it didnt cause any problems

Soul Angel
Feb 1st, 2002, 09:57 AM
I've never bothered having it vertical, but if you do have it up verticle I don't think it damages the PS2 in anyway or at least not what I heard of anyway?

kamari-ice
Feb 1st, 2002, 05:06 PM
The only way I could see it mess up, is when you stand it up the game is steady in the tray.
So the game might be moving in the tray inside, thats my opinion.

x157anz
Feb 1st, 2002, 06:05 PM
I have had mine on its side before but i dont need a stand there pointless , i know stands are to be safe, but it wont fall over anyway im not that clumsy :)

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 1st, 2002, 09:20 PM
I have had mine vertically with the vertical stand since day one (it's sits at the side of my TV). I have not had a single problem. Why? Because SONY [b]designed]/b] the PS2 to stand vertically. That's why you can rotate the PS logo to match your PS2's orientation.

I mean, do you think SONY would release a vertical stand if it would in any way harm the PS2 or discs? I don't think so somehow. You do realise SONY would have tested the two ways to stand the PS2 *extremely* vigourously! There's no way in hell they would design it to stand on it's side if it harmed anything.

MakgSnake, your friend is talking nonsense. If 3 of his games are ruined it's because of his neglect - not because he stands his PS2 vertically.

- S

MakgSnake
Feb 1st, 2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
MakgSnake, your friend is talking nonsense. If 3 of his games are ruined it's because of his neglect - not because he stands his PS2 vertically.
Aight Man, No Need To Eat Me Up At Ure Dinner Table!.! LOL!! Its Cool.....!......May Be Ure Right, He Is Kinda Careless....But I Was Just Making Sure If There Were Any Other People Having The Same Problem!.! Sorry Man!

x157anz
Feb 2nd, 2002, 06:07 AM
Aight Man, No Need To Eat Me Up At Ure Dinner Table!.!

LOL!
* hands spank-a-thon a chill pill* :p

kamari-ice
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:21 PM
Spank~A~Thon has a BIG POINT THERE!

Zelgadis
Feb 5th, 2002, 05:33 AM
nope i dont bother with vertical stand thing why would i no need for that right

Carlito
Feb 9th, 2002, 01:54 PM
I think the Ps2 was originally planned to be in vertical. That's why the most common solution to skipping disks, DVDs and so on suggested by Sony is to put your Ps2 in vertical position.

I don't know exactly why this solve the issues, maybe that's also related to a better position for the cooling fan. Don't know...

Cannibal Clown
Feb 10th, 2002, 08:23 PM
I always had mine up horizontally. I'm so afraid that something terrable is going to happen and the thing is going to fall down.

I once did have it up Vertical, because it looked neater that way, but when i played on of my DVD's on it that always worked perfect on it before while it was horizontal while the PS2 was vertical, it began making real wierd noises and began to skip. So now i alway leave it horizontal.

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 09:20 PM
i thought that it kept all the dust out vertical

twiztidfreak69er
Nov 5th, 2002, 03:56 AM
ive had probs standing it up vertically it did harm one of my disk b4 it scratched the hell outta it not to mention if your clumsy you could scratch it while trying to place the disk in aswell

MakgSnake
Nov 17th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by twiztidfreak69er
ive had probs standing it up vertically it did harm one of my disk b4 it scratched the hell outta it not to mention if your clumsy you could scratch it while trying to place the disk in aswell
Thats something I asked, in the very first post. I mean especially, when there is a little dust gone in the "Disk Tray", you hear that grunting noise, while opening and closing it. But yeah, while placing the disk, its something less safe then horizontal placement.

Decifer
Dec 6th, 2002, 09:56 AM
the only way it'll scratch your disk is if you move your ps2 from verticle to horizontal or horizontal to verticle this movements causes the ps2 to scratch the disk that is playing... another helpful hint when your ps2 is in verticle make sure its not on carpet if it is this will cuz the fan to suck of dust from the carpet and plug your fan causing your ps2 to stop working...(an easy way to fix this is to put something under the ps2 so the ps2's fan has something solid under it like a game... P.S DONT SMOKE AROUND THE PS2 WORST THING TO CLOG THE FAN!~!~!