PDA

View Full Version : The Games Rikku and Yuna

kamari-ice
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:48 PM
You might not have heard it, but if you have ffxinternational you do.
I don't have ffxintrenational so this is some info from the net.
They are making two sequels to ffx, the games Rikku and Yuna.
They both have the ability to swim.
And also fight under water.
The other characters are <not> known at this point in time.
But there is a Rumor, that these games will hold amazing graphics.
Not seen by any gamer, until these games come out.
You might say, why the hell are they making so many sequels to this game, well because it did so good making money.
In the future they might have more.
Keep an eye out, these two games will hit stores very soon!

Possible price of both, $50.00
Might be packaged together!

Spank-A-Thon
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:56 PM
See this link (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/singlenews.php?newsid=1022748688,87187,) from this very site, PS2Fantasy.

Admittedly it doesn't say much but it confirms your story Kamari.

- S

kamari-ice
Jul 9th, 2002, 02:06 PM
ps2fantasy needs to read magazines.
right after I posted this I saw the info, ALL of the info, in psmag.

RobHardo
Jul 9th, 2002, 03:12 PM
huh, i didn't know about them i will definetly rent them to check em out, will they play like ffx and require countless hours of play to beat???

kupoartist
Jul 9th, 2002, 04:00 PM
well... umm... isn't this news about a month or two old already?

kamari-ice
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:09 PM
This is brand new stuff, for people who need more info.
I give more info on games than other sites do.

Spank-A-Thon
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by kamari-ice
ps2fantasy needs to read magazines.
right after I posted this I saw the info, ALL of the info, in psmag. That may well be but look at the date of your post (July 8th), and compare it with that of the PS2Fantasy news item (May 29th)...

So instead of saying that the PS2Fantasy staff should read gaming mags, maybe you should read the PS2Fantasy news, cos they're way ahead of you...

As The_Artist said, this news is month's old...

- S

kamari-ice
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:32 PM
But does it say the name of the game, does it say what they will be doing in the game?
No I read it.
I am just giving more info on it.
!

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 9th, 2002, 07:42 PM
I wish they would make a new game with the FFVII crew instead.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 9th, 2002, 10:51 PM
These games will be pretty cool but I knew all of this a month ago like they said...but thanks for refreshing my memory man

kamari-ice
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:48 PM
This is new info, and I will post new info if it comes out.
I will post also the source.

kupoartist
Jul 11th, 2002, 11:10 AM
but what new info? You haven't given a name for these games, we've known all along that they'd have Rikku and Yuna staring, and the only other bits of info are entirely dubious.

"They both have the ability to swim.
And also fight under water."

O_o umm? what now? what use could this possibly be an RPG?

"But there is a Rumor, that these games will hold amazing graphics.
Not seen by any gamer, until these games come out."

Its already confirmed that the games will be using the FFX engine. So they'll actually look identical to FFX.

Evil Parrot
Jul 12th, 2002, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

That would be sweet!

But I dont know if the new Yuna and Rikku versions interest me, just seems like it will be the same game as FFX.

kamari-ice
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:16 PM
The games names are ( Rikku ) and the other one is named ( Yuna ).
They will use water skills in the game.
Also many graphics will be at play.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 13th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Are you sure they'll be called just plain Rikku and Yuna?

And I mean it's Square...of course many graphics will be at play...

Frozen
Aug 4th, 2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

I absolutely agree with you. They could even just remake FF7 but with the graphics, battle system and voice over of FFX. Would not that be absolutely outstanding?

But of course, a sequel to such game would be even better :D

kupoartist
Aug 4th, 2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

I absolutely agree with you. They could even just remake FF7 but with the graphics, battle system and voice over of FFX. Would not that be absolutely outstanding?

i'd rather see that happen to FF6... it needs it far more, and for such a great storyline, you can easily pass the entire game on due to its Graphics...

merylsilverburg
Aug 13th, 2002, 04:23 AM
This may be a bit late, but I just recently went to this Japanese market and they had "FFX: International" on the shelves in the video game section. I was going to get it, but I realized it'd be a waste (it costed $88.00) since I don't read nor understand Japanese. But anyway, since the Japanese version stuck with "International" don't you think the US version should be titled "FFX: International" instead of "Yuna and Rikku"?

kamari-ice
Aug 13th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Its not replacing International.
At the end of International they give you a version of the games Rikku and Yuna.
The games will only have just one character in it.
One with Yuna, and the other with Rikku.
They will know how to swim underwater.
And know many other skills, which is not made up by Square yet.
No more info has come out about these games though.
They are planning to release both of them at the same time, at the same price, but in different cases.
This won't be cheap, so look for printable coupons on the computer.
These games are set to be released, Fall of 2003.

kupoartist
Aug 13th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
This may be a bit late, but I just recently went to this Japanese market and they had "FFX: International" on the shelves in the video game section. I was going to get it, but I realized it'd be a waste (it costed $88.00) since I don't read nor understand Japanese. But anyway, since the Japanese version stuck with "International" don't you think the US version should be titled "FFX: International" instead of "Yuna and Rikku"?

doh! FFX: International is not the semi sequels that are due to get released. like FFVII : International, almost the entire reason for making it is to have the English dialouge version of FFX available to the player (along with the japanese dialouge). It also included a few extra boses. The European FFX is based on International (it discards the Japanese Dialoge though), but the US got no such inhancements.
I personnally reckon that Square are planning the same for Kingdom Hearts (so the new boses won't be missed by them either...)

merylsilverburg
Aug 13th, 2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

doh! FFX: International is not the semi sequels that are due to get released. like FFVII : International, almost the entire reason for making it is to have the English dialouge version of FFX available to the player (along with the japanese dialouge). It also included a few extra boses. The European FFX is based on International (it discards the Japanese Dialoge though), but the US got no such inhancements.
I personnally reckon that Square are planning the same for Kingdom Hearts (so the new boses won't be missed by them either...)

Gee...I'm sorry I made such a dumb reply that you had to say "Doh!" in response. I'm afraid I don't keep up with the Final Fantasy news 24/7 so I'm unaware of all the new things going on and haven't read much on FF, so I had no idea of this information on the semi-sequels and so on. But, I guess I shouldn't have posted something like this without proper info and made everyone think I was living under a rock.

kupoartist
Aug 14th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Gee...I'm sorry I made such a dumb reply that you had to say "Doh!" in response. I'm afraid I don't keep up with the Final Fantasy news 24/7 so I'm unaware of all the new things going on and haven't read much on FF, so I had no idea of this information on the semi-sequels and so on. But, I guess I shouldn't have posted something like this without proper info and made everyone think I was living under a rock.

Its an easy enough mistake to make. :( I hope I didn't come across as eliteist or somthing... hey it isn't even "dumb" at all - because you were challening the fact that they'll actually call the games "Rikku" and "Yuna" - I'll eat my foot if thats what they'll call them :laugh:
Also I don't think that the swimming part is exactly vital information: We're not going to be playing a fully underwater "Rikku the Dolphin" after all....

jbaseley
Aug 15th, 2002, 01:34 AM
i should be either ff 7 or 10 because out of all the final fantasy's l think those two had endings that made you want to know what would happen next.