PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Dragoon

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 7th, 2002, 11:44 PM
I've yet to play this but I was playing a little of it in the store today and the battlesystem seemed kinda cool...but how's the story...the characters....and the overall environment?

Post your thoughts and comments about this game here and please help me make up my decision on whether or not to purchase it.

*Please no spoilers*

Thanks...

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 7th, 2002, 11:53 PM
It's pretty good. It's no FF but for $12.99, why not.

happy_doughnut
Jul 8th, 2002, 05:25 PM
This game is awesome ! It's a really good game S4H and very cheap :D I don't see why you wouldn't purchase it. Since you seem to be really into RPGs, you should definitely get this one.

The story may not be as strong as the FF ones, but IMHO, the battle system is far superior. I mean, it's not just a constant X pressing, you have to have some coordination to pull off the attacks. The SE are really good too. They are quite lively. The CGC aren't so great though ( I mean, they aren't like FFX ).
But overall, the story is very good. It can be a tad bit confusing sometimes, though.
The one thing I did have a problem with was with the item inventory. I think it was way too limited :(
Heh, to heal you had to have a strategy :D

The characters are good. The main characters are the best, IMO.
Of course, like in every friggin' RPG, there are bound to be some fay characters, and this one is no exception.
The Dark Dragoon, Rose, I think, is the best female character out of any RPG. *sniffle* My hero :laugh:

Overall, it's a very good game. It does have its minor hinders here and there, but it's still a very good game to play.
Knowing you, you definitely have to get it. It's a Mena recommendation :D

Gadzoox
Jul 9th, 2002, 12:10 AM
I agree with Mena! It's an awesome game and it takes a while to get through, which is nice because you can get involved in the game, but never gets boring!

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 9th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Hmmm...all right, yeah the characters seemed pretty cool. Ill look more into it. Thanks you guys, and if anyone else wants to comment please do!

IcyMourdor
Jul 10th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Ah yes, Legend of Dragoon. One of my favorite RPGs. The battle system involves the player, which is a step in the right direction. The characters are great, especially Meru. She is the most hilarious character I've seen in an RPG.

Definately a must-have.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 11th, 2002, 02:54 AM
Well all right...I was considering it but now that Dragon has recommended it im definately gonna play it...thanks again you guys