PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 Ps2 Ps1

silenthill3
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:36 PM
do u people think that in ps3 we will be compatible with ps2 games and ps1 games?

007_JamesBond
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:56 PM
I think/hope that it will be, but hey what do I know

Sid554
Jul 7th, 2002, 04:27 PM
It probably will be backward-compatible with PS2-PS1 based on how it was received with PS2. We're still a long ways from PS3 anyways so we might as well just enjoy our PS2s now and turn our attention to PS3 when more info becomes available.

KraftSLU
Jul 7th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Sid554
It probably will be backward-compatible with PS2-PS1 based on how it was received with PS2...

I think there might be a problem with the limited amount of space that is available to sony developers. Unless it just so happens the ps3 is planning on running a 128 bit emotion engine upgrade, its gonna be hard to perfectly emulate PS2 games without adding all the old ps2 hardware to the new system. And once you start doing that and adding stuff like built in memory, internet capability, etc. etc. your system is going to dwarf the current size of the xbox.

Sid554
Jul 7th, 2002, 05:14 PM
That's true, I never considered that. Hopefully the components will be smaller by then, eh? I'd hate to see the prospect of backwards compatibility end with the PS2.

RobHardo
Jul 8th, 2002, 09:05 AM
on a scale i would say we have an 89% chance of seeing the compatibility with the ps2 and ps1 titles

KraftSLU
Jul 9th, 2002, 01:37 AM
*Hands goodman a "most sarcasic comment of the week" award and shakes his hand* Made me laugh, good one :)

AudioBoxer
Jul 12th, 2002, 12:47 PM
If you think about it, it might not be able to run PS2 games but I know for sure it will run PS1 games. There are also rumors going around that say that Sony is going to come out with a hole line of 16 bit games. Like the old zelda, mario brothers and all the oldies put on to a CD.