PDA

View Full Version : Ffxi

Sid554
Jul 7th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Do you plan on getting FFXI when it is released?

kupoartist
Jul 7th, 2002, 03:01 PM
the only things that are going to stop me are the things that would stop me from breathing. Im not sure if I'd choose FFXI over breathing, but its not that far away from being that high up in my estimation.

Now I know that i'm going to see the rest of this thread, and not a single person will agree with me. Thats inevitable as soon as square try somthing different. But I've seen a lot of what FFXI has to offer, (though I haven't actually played it) and I'd say that people should give it a chance. It might well surprise you.

Oh and I'm getting the PC version. Why? :-
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20020705/ff02.jpg
A PS2 doesn't do that.

Sid554
Jul 7th, 2002, 06:58 PM
A PS2 doesn't do what?
I didn't really see anything in that screen that the PS2 can't do.

Black Heart
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Depends if I can get a better connection when the game is released, or not. :weep:

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20020705/ff02.jpg
A PS2 doesn't do that.

What? Freeze? :laugh:

Sid554
Jul 7th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

What? Freeze? :laugh:

LOL:laugh:

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 7th, 2002, 11:34 PM
It's hard for me to say this but I will not be playing this...too much of a pain I say...

Sid554
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:02 AM
What concerns me most about FFXI is having to pay an as of yet undetermined amount of $ to buy the PS2 HDD AND network adapter just to play this game, as well as the monthly fee. As much as I would love to try this game, I probably won't be able to afford it. Has anyone heard any credible info on how much the HDD will cost here in the States?

Macceh^
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:06 AM
im gonna wait for pc version rather than fork out loads for hd.

Sid554
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:24 AM
I would do that too, but my PC sucks. So I'm basically screwed either way if I want to play this game.

happy_doughnut
Jul 8th, 2002, 02:37 AM
I don't think I will be playing this game, which is sad. I just don't know... all of this ' online-gaming ' really isn't my thing. Computer games... are ok but there's too much mumble jumble that I would have to do in order to play FF11. I might though, I'm just not quite certain at the moment.

kupoartist
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:04 PM
guh... I really have to spell this out don't I..
http://www.swimtowin.com/FF11/Guely32.jpg
Thats the PS2 version. what the PS2 doesn't do is (drumroll) - Half Decent smooth Graphicy goodness. Hell it couldn't even manage Deus Ex, a 2 year old game.... (not bashing the PS2 though- Graphics aren't everything after all.)

Sid554
Jul 8th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Oh. Might've had more effect if you'd shown the two pics together for comparison, but what do I know?

Sleazy P Martini
Jul 8th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Yeah but the pic you showed.......Who says the PS2 couldn't do that? Anyways I get what you were trying to say now.