PDA

View Full Version : Rpg?

Ice Cold
Jul 5th, 2002, 11:57 AM
I'm looking for a game that has huge 3D eviroments, sweet characters, and lots of play time.

I'm not a real fan of the FF series and don't want a game were you attack, he attacks, you attack...and so on.

I guess what I want is something like Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot type game.

Could someone PLEASE suggest a game?

Killuminati
Jul 5th, 2002, 02:28 PM
get the game Neverwinter Nights for the PC. IMO its one of the greatest RPG's ever. or games ever. its HUGE, 60+ hours just to finish the game. deep character creation, good use of the D&D rules. great RPG.

AsylumEscapee
Jul 5th, 2002, 02:59 PM
I guess youre trying to say that youre not looking for a turn based game. Youre in the wrong forum. Mario 64, and Crash arent RPGs. Youre probably looking for a plataformer. Try Rayman 2, or Jak and Daxter. Although theyre games i would never consider buying, they might be right up YOUR alley.

Ice Cold
Jul 5th, 2002, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I wasn't sure if they were RPGs or not...sorry.

I bought Jak and Daxter today and like it alot. I needed a change from shooters.

Thanks for the advice!

IcyMourdor
Jul 5th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Ever Grace would be a great Rpg to have. Everything is in real-time and the story is great.

Try Rayman 2, or Jak and Daxter.

Since when are these Rpgs?

Ice Cold
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:17 AM
That;s my fault DragonBane. I post this question in both the action/adventure and the RPG forum because I didn't know what genre the game I described fell under. I though I wanted a RPG but it ended up I was looking for a platform game.

Sorry bout that. By the way, I'm strangly addicted to Jak and Daxter. Unfortunatly I'm already 35% done and I got it less than 9 hours ago. :(

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 6th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Maybe try Maximo next....I never played it but it looks pretty cool...also The Mark of Kri is comin out soon and you may like that?

Ice Cold
Jul 6th, 2002, 07:37 PM
I will definatly try Mark of Kri. I don't know about Maximo. I see TONS of those games in the used game bin...not a good sign.

RobHardo
Jul 7th, 2002, 07:46 AM
you should also check out diablo 2 with expansion Lord of destruction

kamari-ice
Jul 8th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Shouldve put this in general chat!
Its not your fault.

Harry
Jul 9th, 2002, 06:22 PM
If I understand what you were asking for, I guess that Drakan: The Ancients'Gates would be a great game for you. One of my favorite games on the system, undoubtedly. It gives you a lot of freedom and it's an ENORMOUS adventure filled with RPG elements. Check our review if you are interested.

ocelot
Jul 10th, 2002, 05:34 AM
Has anybody played real role-playing games? Thease "virtual" rpg:s are nothing when compared to real ones!!

I have played the RuneQuest, Middle Earth and few others.
In real rpg you can do (allmost) anything.