PDA

View Full Version : Getting FFX

x157anz
Jul 3rd, 2002, 03:00 PM
Yep i sure am ! and i cant wait.
Should i buy the official guide before i start the game (is there lots that can be missed?) or should i buy it later on ?.
And that damn new system that there is looks sooo complicated :roll: could somebody explain it if they have time :laugh:
Oye and i heard the start is boring :peoples:

*no spoilers PLZ*

happy_doughnut
Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:29 PM
First of all, congratulations !

About the guide, well, there are many things that can be missed if you're not careful. You can find them all by yourself but you have to keep your eyes open at all times... and well, it does take long to do it that way :D I suggest you go through it once by yourself and then, if you like, go through it again with the guide. However, if you want to get the full experience in the first time, get the guide so it can help you out.

Do you mean the sphere grid ? It isn't complicated, actually. *tries* As the name indicates it, you use spheres you obtain from *battles and other things you do* ( kinda like the EXP. you earned in previous games ), and place them in an order that your characters will learn abilities that you select for them. You just place it in a slot and if that slot has an ability, you will learn it. There are diffrent types of spheres and they all have different attributes ( they unlock different things ) Like for example, there's the common Power sphere which you can use to activate a HP slot which makes your HP rise. The Mana sphere activates magic slots like MP to boost you magic attacks or your MP overall. So, each sphere unlocks different slots that you use to ' level ' up your characters. At first, it may seem somewhat complicated but you'll get the hang of it pretty quick :)

Ack ! Who said that ? The beginning isn't boring at all. It's cool.
Just like every other game, it has its ups and downs.

Sword 4 Hire
Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:44 PM
Smart choice my man.

The game is awesome...but I suggest, like Mena said...first time through beat it without...and I suggest not doing too many sidequests the first time because that would get you WAY too strong and the end boss will be nothing for you...kind of taking away from the experience y'know. Second time through, get the guide...and get everything...and whoop tons of a$$!

The system is awesome...and is probably the easiest system to date...sure it looks massive but trust me...it's so easy!

And compared to the rest of the game yeah I guess the beginnin is a bit slower but it doesnt take away from the total experience...if you're an FF fan you'll enjoy every minute.

Macceh^
Jul 4th, 2002, 02:03 AM
Do the sidequetss on your travels if they arent out of your way the rest like celestial weapons id recomend doing when you get the airship (second time not after home). The start compared to the other ff's is the slowest but it picks up quickly enough and blossoms into the best ff :) plot wise.

Sphere grid is simple ocne you get to grips, thers a nice tutorial in game that explains it simply.