PDA

View Full Version : Things you can't stand in anime

Rei
Jun 30th, 2002, 08:49 AM
What are in your opinions the elements that make an anime series unbearable, silly or plain stupid?
What are the elements that make you think "Not again!" or "How can they put this stuff in it?" ?

In brief, what are the things to avoid in a decent anime series?

IcyMourdor
Jun 30th, 2002, 08:53 AM
This may be picky, but from the anime I seen. The locations and main scenes are always in the same place. Once in a while they go to new places. Like in the Cowboy Bebop series. They are in the ship for about 75% of the series. Sure, they go to Jupiter, Mars, and places like that.

More scenery would be nice IMO.

Rei
Jun 30th, 2002, 08:56 AM
That's a quite good point, even if I don't find it annoying in some series. But a similar thing could be when they do change locations, but they almost look identical, so there's not much difference if they change it or not...

Hylas
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:21 PM
I can't stand sappy love stories! Sometimes they're fun to watch, but after dozens of stories where he can't decide if he likes the girl A or the girl B or vice versa, I say "STOP IT!!!"

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 30th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Amen to that Hylas ! :D

Why should he have to decide ? He should take both ! :laugh: j/k

Seriously, I'm gettin' tired of that too... along with the corny littl' morals about friendship, 'the power' of trust or other things like that... that's just lame. :P

Cannibal Clown
Jul 1st, 2002, 11:29 AM
The worst part of a good series is having a totally crappy ending, something that you look forward to throughout the entire show, but in the end, it just lets you down. Outlaw star for example. The show was cool, IMO, but the ending that was stressed somuch throughout the entire show, it was gay. The ending was stupid, and the end battle had no real feeling to it. There are others like this, but this was the best example I could think of that a lot of people have seen.

happy_doughnut
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:29 PM
Basically, what Hylas and Qjij said.

In some Anime, they just spend so much time trying to figure out who they really " love " and this and that, or they will spend a lot of time on morals such as " the power of love and friendship ! " *gag*. At some points, I guess it's okay, but when it gets overly repetitive, it just makes you want to yell :mad: . Why can't they just kill everybody, or blow up homes... cut off heads and other body parts. Yeah... why can't they make ruthless Anime these days ?

Qjij_jijQ
Jul 1st, 2002, 05:22 PM
Ah Mena ! There should be more girls like ya ! :D

RobHardo
Jul 1st, 2002, 09:19 PM
i don't like anime that is drawn out like that new metabots show that look sall new i like that rough look that looks like the drawing has had it's own master no computer crap just japanese intuition, anyone know where i am going with this

merylsilverburg
Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Solid: Snake
i don't like anime that is drawn out like that new metabots show that look sall new i like that rough look that looks like the drawing has had it's own master no computer crap just japanese intuition, anyone know where i am going with this

Well, I've never seen Metabots (too many of these weird shows just popping up IMO) but what you're basically saying is that you don't like too much computer animated drawings, but you enjoy the traditional hand-drawn drawings, right? If so, then I get you completely. Also, I agree to what Hylas, Qjij, and Mena....it gets very irritating at times, ne? What I can't stand in anime is when a chick has to pick between two guys, because then, it becomes very complicated. For example, this anime Fruits Basket, there's these two guys which I feel the main character should belong to this nicer and calmer dude, but all these other chicks online are rooting for the other guy. Then I get annoyed. :disturb: I also can't stand crappy endings like CC. Fushigi Yuugi and Rurouni Kenshin (the real final ending). What's up with that?! Man, Fushigi Yuugi was too corny to me and Kenshin just depressed me outta my mind. Ah, I hope someone here understands what I'm going at.

RobHardo
Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:15 AM
you totally got me on what i was trying to say. I also agree on what you said meryl about the 2 guys thing