PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody confirm this..(Xbox owners)

Infernal Mass
Jun 29th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Is it possible to rip music onto the xbox using CDRW discs. I've heard these brands work..TDK, Sony and Memorex .

source of info (http://pub65.ezboard.com/fxboxcornerfrm10.showMessage?topicID=36.topic&index=2)

KraftSLU
Jun 29th, 2002, 02:35 PM
yes, every CD-RW I've tried has worked. Its the plain CD-Rs that are finicky. Also, remember that you need to convert it to CD-audio format (.wav files) since it won't accept mp3s as readable format.

Infernal Mass
Jun 29th, 2002, 03:11 PM
this is great news! thanks for the info KraftSLU. It's to bad that not all games support the customizable music feature. Hopefully more games will be released that do.

Infernal Mass
Jun 29th, 2002, 03:23 PM
almost forgot to ask..

what do you use for converting mp3 to .wav?

Infernal Mass
Jun 29th, 2002, 04:16 PM
nevermind i found one..

Acoustica Mp3 to WAV converter plus. I have found that the only bad thing about converting mp3 to WAv is that, the output file is immense.

example: a file this size 3.95mb when converted to .wav audio will be 39mb.:shock: ..i guess i won't be adding too many songs to the xbox.

KraftSLU
Jun 29th, 2002, 04:22 PM
actually my favorite .mp3 to wav program is winamp. if you go to the preferences menu and go to output, then select the diskWrite codec and change the directory to whatever dir you want. then make a playlist and hit play.

yeah, you can only get about 18 songs max on the cd usually. There is talk about a modchip coming out that would allow the xbox to read and save mp3s. Keep your fingers crossed that it works and that it will be easy to install!