PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Review

Reid
Jun 24th, 2002, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking of ordering an HK DVD set of the anime One Piece, but seeing as how it's fairly long and quasi-expensive, and there is a big lacking of fansites for the show I can't really get a clear idea on if I would like the show or not.

Has anyone here seen it?

And, if so, what did you think?

Harry
Jun 24th, 2002, 04:30 PM
I've watched only the first part of the series because Fortune loves it and we bought the first DVD box set from Hong Kong.
I think this series is very good you should get it if you like the genre, which is something in the middle between adventure and comedy, but it has also some serious parts. The characters are all brilliant, especially the main characters, and it's definitely something different from the typical series we are used to.
The second DVD box set isn't out yet and the manga is still being published also in Japan.
If you need some addictional info, contact Fortune: she has a shrine on one of the characters of One Piece and she can tell you something more also about other aspects.

My overall suggestion is to get this series, but it's up to you ;)

Pu the Owl
Jun 25th, 2002, 05:11 AM
One Piece is one of my faves ever, probably the one I like the most at the moment.

So, if you have any specific question, just ask :)

Try www.mangascreener.com (http://www.mangascreener.com/) to look at the manga. Click on "Projects" then "One Piece" among the listed projects. They have 19 episodes of the manga with translation (not so good, but it's ok for getting an idea...) for vision.
The story is really similar to the one of the anime, there are only few different details, so if you don't like the story or other aspects of the manga, you can decide to not buy the DVDs after taking a look.

merylsilverburg
Jun 25th, 2002, 05:16 AM
Fortune, I still have to read the rest of the chapters of One Piece, but the beginning is really good! I'm thinking about getting the anime from Ebay, but thank you for telling me more about One Piece in the past. Arigatou gozaimasu! :)

Pu the Owl
Jun 25th, 2002, 05:23 AM
^______^

Sadly, as Harry said, at the moment you'll be able only to get the first part of the TV series and two movies. They still have to release the second box set. I'm waiting for it :weep:

Rei
Jun 26th, 2002, 05:30 PM
One Piece is a very good series, definitely a different one among the others I love and I want to watch more of it.

Hylas
Jun 30th, 2002, 07:56 AM
From what I'm seeing One Piece is an ok series. I'm curious to know what comes next...