PDA

View Full Version : i need help

ghost86
Jun 23rd, 2002, 12:47 AM
I have a question concerning the ps2. I probably should have gone to the PS2 FAQ forum but it looks as if there are more people in this one. I've had my ps2 for a while now. I got it about 4 - 6 months after sony released the ps2. Anyway, lately i've been having trouble with it. When I put a ps2 game in the screen says reading disc error or cannot locate disc or something like that. It's the same for dvds. My little brother has a friend whose kind of a geek but he's pretty smart and he said that lots of people have had trouble with their ps2s. if anybody has had this kind of trouble and knows
how to fix it please share your extensive knowledge with me. should i call sony or should i just ask my little bros friend more about it?:disturb: Please help me.

Spirit
Jun 23rd, 2002, 03:24 AM
two of my friends had the same problem and they fixed it just by cleaning it so try that :D

kupoartist
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:45 AM
If that doesn't work, You'll probably end up sending your PS2 to Sony... but beware if you've modified it in any way... They no like that ^_^ and will probably send it back with an axe embeded in the side.... (they'll send it back at least... no guarantee as to whether a free axe comes with it.)

Harry
Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:38 AM
You have to post in the right forum! The people is the same everywhere, and the forum is divided in many subforums for a reason!!

Harry
Jun 23rd, 2002, 08:41 AM
It's probably caused by dirty lenses; you should try cleaning it. Anyhow I suggest you ask to Sony's support center.

ghost86
Jun 25th, 2002, 02:34 PM
thanks guys, your help is really appreciated.