PDA

View Full Version : Races (elf,human ect.)

JC Denton
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:45 AM
on many rpgs now you can pick which race to be,
say gnome, elf, dwarf, human

if you had to invent a new one what would it be called?
what would it look like?
what would be the advantages of beimng that race?
what is its weak points?

. think about it before writting
. dont just write this thread off saying it is a bad one
. try to make it original! if not post it anyway

RobHardo
Jun 21st, 2002, 12:39 PM
I would go ahead and have a race already made for me, the Protoss from StarCraft, They are an advanced alien race with many technologies exceding all others, their weak point is they are expensive to maintain an dthey are slow to make more units but are the strongest in any battlefield hands down when they are put together strong

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 21st, 2002, 04:08 PM
I would invent one....called...well I'll get back to you on the name but it would be a very isolated race...that enjoys the heat of battle and is quite good at the arts of sword handling and other weoponry...they'd be a very quiet and shady race that no one really knows much about and don't want to find out due to their short tempers...they would not be arrogant and do not show-off...they just do what needs to be done in the right situations. Very strong yet quick...and prefer the dark arts...

Gadzoox
Jun 21st, 2002, 11:11 PM
I would make a race called 'Cute-fluffy-things-that-arent-really-cute-and-fluffy-in-the-end' and they would be all pastel colours (pink being the dominant out of purple blue and white) and they would be small and hamster-like with /huge/ soft fluffy fur that turn to spikes when they get mad and big sharp teeth that are retractable. They can jump really high/far but they get tired easily because of all the fur/spikes; this would be made up though because they live in huge herds.
They'd be funny 'cuz people would be like 'aww it's so cute!' and go to pet it and then they would be swarmed and stabbed and bitten and die a slow painful death. ... :evil:

kupoartist
Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox
I would make a race called 'Cute-fluffy-things-that-arent-really-cute-and-fluffy-in-the-end' and they would be all pastel colours (pink being the dominant out of purple blue and white) and they would be small and hamster-like with /huge/ soft fluffy fur that turn to spikes when they get mad and big sharp teeth that are retractable. They can jump really high/far but they get tired easily because of all the fur/spikes; this would be made up though because they live in huge herds.
They'd be funny 'cuz people would be like 'aww it's so cute!' and go to pet it and then they would be swarmed and stabbed and bitten and die a slow painful death. ... :evil:

I get the feeling that we're going to get one quite well :evil:

Anyways... I'm going to be really un-original and just say that I'm looking foward to being a 2 1/2 foot Tarutaru in FFXI... I'll bite all of your ankles off ^_^

IcyMourdor
Jun 23rd, 2002, 10:21 AM
I'd be in elf, hands down. Have you ever played EverQuest, you'd see why. Highly intelligent, and yet can be powerful with their weapons.

As for my created race:
Quitris- a lizard/man like creature. A savage race hated by all others. Powerful is the dark arts as well swordmanship. They hate the cold, so you'll find them most likely deep in the desert or near a rainforest,

Gadzoox
Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:22 PM
*grins from ear to ear at The_Artist* :D

AsylumEscapee
Jun 24th, 2002, 05:36 AM
Elves are yummy, curvealicious, slim, nimble, and agile.
I want my female elf archer/sextoy.

As for the making up a race.. thing...

Round, two-dimensional beings, which rely solely on facial expressions to communicate.
:frust: :roll: :peoples: :disturb: :laugh:

JC Denton
Jun 25th, 2002, 03:42 PM
if i was to invent a race for an rpg game, it would be a bipedal of the human race but placed in harsher conditions on a plane or planet with a temperature swings far greater than anything we experience in this solar system, not perticularily technoligicly advanced who have evolved to use there hands as a weapon and have the power to adapt their body heat to anything they wish (so they can survive in their climate) this allows them to burn or freeze enemys with their touch, because of the huge amount of predetors on their plane, they are very few in number and are centernly not the dominant race from where they come from, because of this they have developed the technique of ambush and stealth emensley and have very sharp sight in the dark and very good hearing, they are not particulaly cleaver but have a very keen sense of danger and are not easily mislead, they do not count everything as enemys but do not keep freinds either, they move and live in groups of about 4 or 5 so as to be a formidable force for a lone predator but still conceal their temporary home,their only goal is to survive. they can also jump very high and remain in a state of silence for long periods of time. they are afraid of water though, as they cant swim.

in appearence they would similar to humans but have a lower centre of gravity ie. so they can move faster, and strong arm and leg muscles, they have a hunched back and blackish browm skin, which is harder than that of a human, they are thin, they have 2 eyes, 1 nose, 1 mouth ect, but nose is slightly elongated and eyes are most of the time tinged red but, they change their eye colour according to how they are feeling.

why do you guys extend on what you have written?

AsylumEscapee
Jun 25th, 2002, 10:46 PM
they are afraid of water though, as they cant swim.
..Why can't they swim?