PDA

View Full Version : Racing Game Help Please

bryce_d
Jun 20th, 2002, 12:02 AM
Hi.

I might purchase a PS2 soon.......
What I need to know is:
What racing game is most closely like Need for Speed III or Gotham Racing (xbox).... basically, are there PS2 games with real life cars like bmw z3 and ones as good as ferrari etc. Is Grand Turismo like this? I dont know much at all about this, does that game just have cars or are they real cars, and by this I mean.... dont know how to say.
If there isn't one just say that too.

Thanks.

Harry
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Hi bryce_d,

I sincerely think that if you are looking for a racing simulator, Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec is definitely the best game available. PGR is a great game, but it lacks the enormous depth of GT3.

I suggest you take a look at our review of the game, which also reveals the "limits" of this game; and also take a look at our preview, in which included is the complete list of all the cars featured in GT3.

high-flyer
Jul 6th, 2002, 12:16 PM
HIYA BRYCE IF U WANT A FUN AND EXCITING RACING GAME ON THE PS2 I WOULD SUGGEST TOKYO XTREME RACER ZERO.IT HAS A LOT OF LIFE AND AND MANY MANY CARS TO UNLOCK.ALSO I SUGGEST GT3.AS A PRSONAL OWNER OF BOTH GAMES I GIVE THEM BOTH A THUMBS UP.

PEACE,
MATT

Ice Cold
Jul 6th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Gran Turismo 3 all the way!!! This game is awsome! With 37 car dealerships from around the world, with all the cars specs and handling it is as realistic as they come.

Although there is no damage dealt to the car like in Need for Speed.

high-flyer
Jul 6th, 2002, 05:34 PM
WITH OVER 180+ CARS TO UNLOCK AND DRIVE THIS GAMES HAS A LOT OF DEPTH.

ALSO TOKYO XTREME RACER ZERO HAS OVER 140+ CARS TO UNLOCK BOTH GAMES ARE AWESOME.

PEACE OUT,
MATT

The Rhythmosaur
Jul 8th, 2002, 12:16 PM
The Saur says:
Anyway wich car you like:
When you start GT3 you don´t want to play anything else (like school or homework or housework...ha, ha, ha) for a long period of time.
It also features a track that offers everything a driver could have to face except offroad conditions: An ultralong hispeed lane, corners from very tight to very wide, 90° corners in short distances, hills with corners, so that you cannot see the other side... A track like I could have designed it myself. Here you can really test a car.

You can have a graphic of your best lap (with or without replay) and compare it to another (car), and, and, and...

Unfortunately, my dear PS2 tragicaly died of fever (went to hot) and I spend for a new one...