PDA

View Full Version : Which one is scariest?

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Just curious to know in your opinion which one among Silent Hill (either 1 or 2) or Fatal Frame is the scariest one. Don't say RE, because I'm not talking of RE games, but only of those titles, ok? :right:

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 19th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Hmmm...........i'm going to have to go with RE

very scary!

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Oh my...have you even read what I said in my post or do you only read the titles of the threads?

Don't say RE, because I'm not talking of RE games, but only of those titles, ok?

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:04 PM
I did it on purpose.......geez luweeze!

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Well, ok, do you need to reply if you have nothing to say about the main question of the thread?

That's what I called unuseful posts in the other thread...got it now?

*maybe minor spoilers here and there*
Ok, I'd say the scariest one is Silent Hill 2, just because uhmmm...the atmosphere is way more disturbing than the one of Fatal Frame. Fatal Frame is a cool game and really original from some points of view, but I actually can play it for a long time without the temptation of turning off the console. On the contrary, with SH2 I was terribly disturbed, by the nonsense of the whole situation, by the look of the whole setting and by the loneliness of James among all the other main characters. IMO, Miku is "physically" a lonely girl in the haunted mansion, unable to have any contact with others, apart from the spirits of the house, But anyway I don't feel her as an abandoned person. James, on the other hand, is also "mentally" a really lonely man, left alone by other human presences of the game. Even Harry Mason in the first SH game wasn't so lonely, because of the presence of Cybil and the nurse (uhmmm...can't remember her name at the moment). Despite the tragedy of the situation, these presences were friendly ones to Harry, while Eddie, Laura and Angela aren't friendly at all to the poor James. I think this creates a great sense of loneliness and fear in the player who knows he can't find any reliable creature throughout the whole game.

happy_doughnut
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Poor Hylas. People need to read the friggin' things before they reply !
Anyway, I haven't throughly played the SH games but I've played them enough :D
But ya know, I recently bout Fatal Frame and let me tell ya, it's very scary ! In one occasion... this ghost ( ugly one might I add ) popped out of nowhere and it made me drop my controller. I was like : Wo-O-ah !
I don't know. I guess it was because I found Fatal Frame really original and stuff. I personally found it very scary.

Hylas
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Yep, Fatal Frame was a scary one. I liked it a lot, really. The thing I was trying to say when I said SH2 was scariest was that in Fatal Frame I found really scary especially some points of the game, when ghosts appear from nowhere in front of your nose. The situation and the setting are also very mysterious and intriguing though. Just I felt more scared by the overall situation of SH games, not only in few parts or moments of the game.

BTW Mena, those ghosts are freaky! Especially the one with the weird position of the head. I still have to complete the game, but I hate her ( I think it was a woman's ghost... )! She was always around! What an annoying chick! :frust:

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 19th, 2002, 07:47 PM
I heard fatal frame was dumb, isnt about some person with a camera?

I'll go with SH

AND FOR THE LAST TIME, THAT WAS A JOKE ABOUT THE RE THING I SAID!!!!! DAMN.......

Pu the Owl
Jun 19th, 2002, 08:00 PM
I've voted for SH as well, for the same reasons Hylas mentioned in her thread. You said it better, so why posting the same reasons for the second time :laugh:

Pimp Daddy: Fatal Frame ain't dumb at all. It's a very good game, with a lot of originality in it (especially for being a survival horror) and an amazing storyline and setting. The fact you use the camera only means that there's less action than in others survival horrors, Silent Hill games included. You don't meet as many ghosts as it happened for the monsters in Silent Hill games or for the zombies in Resident Evil games. That's the aspect I prefer in Fatal Frame, because it's more based on puzzles to solve, even if in Silent Hill games there were also a lot of quite difficult puzzles to solve. You focus your attention on other aspects, not on the fact you have to kill enemies to walk around rooms and corridors.

Beretta55
Jun 19th, 2002, 10:18 PM
i have to say SH2 because of the better grx *makes it scarer* and its just a scarey game.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jun 20th, 2002, 02:00 AM
Sh2 is the scariest.It has the gameplay that gives you that deep emotion fear.Fatal frame is something that keeps you tense then surprises you.SH2 is scary all the way through each time you play it its the other way around for fatal frame.

Capoeira
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Silent Hill 1 or 2 were real scary. Darkness is always an important factor in horror games. It's always a lot scarier without using the radio to warn you of monsters.

Pimp_Daddy507
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:35 PM
to me, if u want a "scerry" game, ya gotta have the gfx! am i right? because gfx add a lot more realism, more realism, more scary.......i mean, if this game was made for super nintendo or genisis, we all know it wouldve been the funniest game made

am i right? i think i am.....:laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Jun 20th, 2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Pimp_Daddy507
to me, if u want a "scerry" game, ya gotta have the gfx! am i right? because gfx add a lot more realism, more realism, more scary.......i mean, if this game was made for super nintendo or genisis, we all know it wouldve been the funniest game made

am i right? i think i am.....:laugh:

Actually environment and sound make the game scary,those are some of the very important factors

Pu the Owl
Jun 20th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Graphics are important of course, but let's make a quick example.
I can't say SH is better than SH2 because of graphics. They are both really scary games, even if in the second one the graphics aspect is improved. And I can't say Fatal Frame is better than SH either, becasue IMO SH beats Fatal Frame even with older graphics (it's still a PSX game, but are you sure you can say Fatal Frame is better because of it?).

REChick14
Jun 21st, 2002, 10:23 AM
:cool: I BELIEVE SILENT HILL 2 IS SCARY AS HELL. SOMETIMES I JUST HAVE TO TURN OFF THE CONSOLE SO I CAN GATHER MYSELF TOGETHER AND START THE GAME UP AGAIN. I HAVEN'T PLAYED FATAL FRAME YET SO I CAN'T REALLY SAY ANYTHING EXCEPT I HEARD IT WAS ALSO A GOOD GAME TO PLAY. BUT OVERALL SILENT HILL 2 IS THE BEST.

Miki
Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:09 PM
I don't know...maybe Silent Hill is the scariest, but I have found it too morbid is some parts of the game. I think they put in it too many elements, all mixed together, while I have found Project Zero more organic and coherent.
I like them both though.

silenthill3
Jun 22nd, 2002, 08:12 PM
silenthill 1 was the scarier one, but sil2 was more perfect and more...gentle in violent way.