PDA

View Full Version : Sequels you'd like too play

Hylas
Jan 30th, 2002, 03:03 PM
There are so many good action/adventure game for PS2 around!
If you could choose to make a sequel for one of those games, which one would you pick?

MakgSnake
Jan 30th, 2002, 03:08 PM
There Are Games I Havn't Played Yet But Still I'd Want Their Sequels So I Can Get Them In Future!.!

Hmm......I Want MGS3, MaxPayne2, GTA4, DMC2, I BADLY WANT RE4! .......... As Much As I Hate To Admit I Want Syphon Filter 4!-!

What Else......Let Me Think........Hmmmmmm...............Shadow Of Memories 2, Another Monkey Island GAME!....! I Guess Thats About It!.!

I'll Mention More Later! :)

Reid
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Hmm . . .
I'd like to see Grand Theft Auto 4, Metal Gear Solid 3, a new Kengo game, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, a new Lunar game, and most definently a new Shadow of Destiny/Memories.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 30th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Besides the ones you guys mentioned i would love to see a a new twisted metal

MakgSnake
Jan 31st, 2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Besides the ones you guys mentioned i would love to see a shadow of destiny 2
Ive Mentioned That Already! ;) :D hehehe

Soul Angel
Jan 31st, 2002, 12:57 PM
I would love to see a new DMC and Shadow of Memories games as well as another MGS game too! :)

Spirit
Jan 31st, 2002, 03:27 PM
yea a new devil may cry would be great

Pu the Owl
Jan 31st, 2002, 04:40 PM
I don't know if many of the games you mentioned would be good for a sequel.
Very often, when a company decides to make a sequel of a game it's only for commercial purposes, and the games are not so good as the preceding ones.
The first example that comes to my mind is RE or Dino Crisis series. The first games were good, but then they decided to not improving the formula and the result is the repetition of same elements, but in a less appealing way.
I'm sure it would be the case of a game like DMC. No need for a sequel.

x157anz
Jan 31st, 2002, 05:34 PM
I want silent hill 3 , Red faction 2 Another DMC and Gauntlet 2 would be cool

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:29 PM
How bout a new Duke Nukem :)

devilmaydie
Feb 4th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Fortune

Obviously you're not a DMC fan so I won't be too harsh on you, but,
ARE YOU CRAZY!!!:eek:

I'm sure Capcom will do a great job on the game. :D
I also can't wait to see an Armored Core 3

Spirit
Feb 4th, 2002, 03:50 PM
well, true, true but I wouldn't mind seeing Silent Hill 3, or MGS3 for that matter

MakgSnake
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:41 PM
purposes, and the games are not so good as the preceding ones.
The first example that comes to my mind is RE or Dino Crisis series. The first games were good, but then they decided to not improving the formula and the result is the repetition of same elements, but in a less appealing way.
Are U Kidding Me?????...I Mean.....Resident Evil 2 Was Sooooooooooo MUCH Better Then Resident Evil 1 in Soooooo MANY Ways!.! I Mean.....Just After Finishing The First CD And Playing As The Other Character In A Totally Different Places Was Simple Amazing!.! And Same Goes For RE3! I Loved Every Second Of It!.! (The Story Counts Too U Know)

And I Seriously Think.....Dino Crises 2 Was Better Then Dino Crises 1. Cause......Well.....Ok It Had MORE Action Then Horror But The Polygon Graphics Improved And I Really Liked The Story Of The Second One Too!.! It Was Amazing, Especially The Water Stage!.! WOW!

But I Guess Those Were Ure Opinion..........But Then Again...I Think Ure A Little Wrong About DMC....... I Dont Have The Game But I Have Played It And Its Amazing!.! And The Popularity That Game Has Got.......Its Amazing!.! And Should Derserver A Sequal!

I Think The Game U Were Talking About Were "Syphon Filter" And "SpiderMan"..."Driver" And All Those Kinda Games..... Their Sequals Didn't Match The Original!.!

Neways.....!!

Cannibal Clown
Feb 10th, 2002, 08:18 PM
I think that one of the only reasons that sequals are better than the first is simply because of the fact that the graphics are done better in the sequal usually.

Most of the time though, the second or third is the same story, just with different haracters, or time, or setting.

I'd much rather have them take a game that was real popular in the days of ps1, redo it and give it a whole sh*t load of extras and totally beef up the graphics. then you get the same awesome story, but with more stuff like secret levels or area, weapons, characters, and all out graphics that could make thye game kick ass!

JC Denton
Feb 11th, 2002, 05:01 PM
your right CC
it may not be for the ps2 but dugeon keeper2 is a good example of a good sequel they added extras, better storyline, much better graphics. they made the game more playable,its the sort of thing you want to see in a sequel:D

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 11th, 2002, 09:09 PM
I'd like to see a mission pack for GTA3. Like they did with London1969. You'd still need the original GTA3 disc....Do you understan what I mean? Or am I just rambling now.

nanjij
Feb 12th, 2002, 08:45 AM
take the smackdown series 1 good not loads of modes but good story mode.
smackdown 2 lots of good modes but crap story
3 brilliant graphic good modes but even worst story mode.

sequals r not always as good

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 21st, 2002, 03:43 PM
Well i am anxiosly waiting for the new castlevania, which will be like symphony of the night. It's gonna be awesome, it will be 2d
and have rpg elements like it's predecessor. I would also like to see a new expansion for Diablo2, sice the other one was whack,
but that is unlikely to happen.:p

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 21st, 2002, 10:44 PM
I want a sequel to gauntlet dark legacy

larry_gagnon
Jun 30th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Cant wait for Baldurs Gate 2,D&D Heros,and LOTRs Return of the King.:ghost:

Vicious_2003
Jun 30th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Id say WWE No Mercy 2. I mean they tried to go other ways with wrestling games and have failed. Id love to see them go back to there roots with the no Mercy engine and just amp up the graphics, But thats just me.

Id also LOVE to see a sequal to Final Fantasy VII. I mean, i never played it but i watched a friend play it alot and from what I hear its hands down the best FF if not the best RPG of all time. Id much prefer a sequal to that then FF X. Final Fantasy Ten was good but didnt really wow me.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

I do belive theres allready been a Tony Hawk 3. And theres a sequal to that on the way called Tony Hawk Under Ground (Or something to that effect) Thats supposed to be kick ass

Also...BLIZZARD, PLEASE MAKE A STAR CRAFT SEQUAL !!. Id love to have a great RTS to play over X Box Live. I know Star Craft Ghost is coming out eventually, and it looks friggin awesome, but im itchin for an RTS here.

dan da man
Jul 1st, 2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

I do belive theres allready been a Tony Hawk 3.

Yes, but this thread is donkeys years old, probally some games were not out then like they are now.

MakgSnake
Jul 1st, 2003, 12:42 PM

Hey you really knew that it wouldn't work out that well eh...... pretty impressive.

But the sequals I want right now are.......... "Splinter Cell: Pendora Tomorrow".....

I have been waiting soooo long for "Driver 3".... its still a long way to go. And.....yeah..... "ETERNAL DARKNESS"..... :D

dan da man
Jul 1st, 2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Hey you really knew that it wouldn't work out that well eh...... pretty impressive.

But the sequals I want right now are.......... "Splinter Cell: Pendora Tomorrow".....

I have been waiting soooo long for "Driver 3".... its still a long way to go. And.....yeah..... "ETERNAL DARKNESS"..... :D

YEAH! Splinter Cell: Pendora Tomorrow the screen shots just look fantastic, also driver 3, weve been waiting a heck of a long time, sypho filter, thats coming soon aswell, but the one for me HALO 2, I cant wait for this BEAUTY!

Vicious_2003
Jul 1st, 2003, 01:51 PM
Yes, but this thread is donkeys years old, probally some games were not out then like they are now.

Ohhhhhhhhh. I feel kinda silly now, well i always do :roll: