PDA

View Full Version : Movie-like visuals

Carlito
Jun 9th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Hey,

I'd like to know which are on your opinion the games with the most realistic graphics you've ever seen. I'm not speaking of best graphics, but simply of the games that look almost real.

So far, the most realistic visuals I've ever seen are probably the ones of Resident Evil and Rogue Leader for GC, and Gran Turismo 3 (especially during replays) for Ps2.

GaseousSnake
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Carlito
Hey,

I'd like to know which are on your opinion the games with the most realistic graphics you've ever seen. I'm not speaking of best graphics, but simply of the games that look almost real.

So far, the most realistic visuals I've ever seen are probably the ones of Resident Evil and Rogue Leader for GC, and Gran Turismo 3 (especially during replays) for Ps2.

Men all those games are really kool and lovely looking.Capcom did a lovely job with RE.

Pu the Owl
Jun 9th, 2002, 10:59 AM
I think some sport games, like GT3 mentioned above, are the best for realistic graphics.

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 9th, 2002, 11:52 AM
I found the pavement looked very realistic in GT3. I think that's only game that actually made me go "Whoa" when I saw it.

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 9th, 2002, 05:12 PM
The FMV in FFX where they show the Farplanes....I almost had an asthma attack!

Mercury Shadow
Jun 10th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Resident Evil, hands down.

Spank-A-Thon
Jun 10th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I have to go with Gran Turismo 3 for sheer photo-realism... However, simply due to the direction and camera work, I'd have to say MGS2 has the most authentic movie-like feel to the visuals...

- S

Ice Cold
Jun 11th, 2002, 10:55 PM
I second Spank's vote. (HeHe, that sounds funny)

Rohamgh
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:34 PM
I'd have to say:

-The PAVEMENT on GT3 (nothing else)
-The CARS in Proj. Gotham Racing
-SW Rogue Leader (a bit, it's not really REALISTIC, but it looks really good)
-DOA3 definately.

Unfortunately I haven't seen RE in action :(

Harry
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Speaking of realistic visuals I'd say Star Wars Logue Leader - the first game on any platform using the same models used in Star Wars Special Edition - Resident Evil, Gran Turismo 3. Metal Gear Solid has probably the best environmental effects and absolutely th ebest character animations I've ever seen, but I also loved the incredible visuals of ICO (you know...inside the castle, with rays of light coming from the outside...).

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 13th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Rohamgh
-The CARS in Proj. Gotham Racing

The game has great graphics, but I found the cars too shiny.

RobHardo
Jun 14th, 2002, 09:33 AM
i'd say mgs2 , and kessen2

Ice Cold
Jun 14th, 2002, 04:38 PM
LOL :laugh: Nice sig. Sleazy.

mechman
Jun 16th, 2002, 01:26 PM
click here (nolink) for some movie-like visuals in games.

EDIT From Harry: READ THE RULES: LINKS TO OTHER FORUMS ARE NOT ALLOWED HERE