PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VIII

kamari-ice
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Well I have been playing the game again since wednesday of this week and its saturday, and I am already on disc three.
I starting to like it, it was boring a while back, but now its fun.
Its like they put out a new ff, and I am almost finish.
I never noticed that Rinoa has brown streaks in her hair.
I am almost finish, and I have squall at 9999 hp, and well he strikes for 8000 sometimes 7000, and just fighting monsters did that.
I am at the part where I have to find the white seed ship.
I am just going to hate Esthar, I don't like that HI-tech city.
Well, this is the first time ever going to see the ending, so wish me luck.

Yuna
Jun 8th, 2002, 02:45 PM
The last boss is impossible...good luck. :) (never seen the ending myself ;_; )

IcyMourdor
Jun 8th, 2002, 08:26 PM
The story begins to pick up after disc 2. The final boss is nothing compared to Omega Weapon. He is impossible.

kupoartist
Jun 9th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Personally I found the card battles to be an intergral part of the game: At the very least, complete the CC quest at Balamb Garden. Why? it gets you the Giglamesh card (not always first time, but fight the owners of the cards after you've defated them, if they dont show up.) Get the Card-Mod ability for Quezacoatl and bingo : 10 holy wars. Ultima, Omega and "the final boss" (no spoilers of course :D ) will be considerably easier after that.

BTW, you sound like you're already on track to be able to do some serious damage ^_^

Pu the Owl
Jun 9th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Omega Weapon ain't impossible if you played card games and you got the right cards to exchange with useful items. I think it's very useful for you to get the Laguna Loire card if you want to beat Omega Weapon (I think you can receive this card from Ellone in disc three).

As for the Final Boss, well, it's a very long battle, at least for me it was, but the best suggestion I can give you is to equip each single character with equal number of magic spells and GFs and don't have only Squall at 9999, but also all the other characters or a t least some of them :heh:. I didn't know the strategy of the enemies (they won't let you choose your team, they randomly pick the members of your team), so I only equipped Rinoa, Selphie and Squall and Quistis and Irvine got killed in a couple of turns :laugh:

happy_doughnut
Jun 9th, 2002, 05:00 PM
Hey Kimari... you've advanced quickly. Congrats! Anyway, the "last boss" isn't really even that hard, if you've played the game properly of course. Now see, IMO , the greatest challenge was in fact : Omega Weapon. It took me a total of 2 times to be able to beat him! The first time, I didn't know... so I died in very little time.
*spoliers*!!
However, I quickly grabbed onto the way to win this fight. All you really need are the Holy Wars. Fist, use Aura's on your party members since by using the Holy War item, you nullify all other items and such. After that, unleash devatating attacks. Equip your characters well before the battle. I recommend you use spells such as Ultima or Meteor in junction with your hit points. They give you a most definite boost! For you vitality, I personally used Protect. Once in battle... hastily use support magic such as Haste and Aura. Once those are in use, use Holy War and let Omega Weapon have it! It's a really really great battle. Even with strategies such as this one, it still isn't "simple". Oh yeah, don't forget to Draw from it to get plenty of powerful spells!
Recomended Party: Squall, Quistis, Zell.

*note* You will be using quite a couple Holy Wars and Auras so make sure you have a healthy stock.

If you need any additional help, feel free to call the Mena Hotline at : 555- Mena- All. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ( paciffic standard time) Prices vary depending on strategy. Please have your credit card ready at all times :laugh:

Nah, really... if ya need any help, let me know! FF8 is my specialty. HUAH!

kamari-ice
Jun 12th, 2002, 05:32 PM
I finished.
Yep, seen the ending.
The last boss was easy, well having my squall hitting for more than 8005, it should be.
I just kept fighting in the training center, and also many forests.
The one by edeas house is where I advanced quickly, I don't know why?
Well, I never thought I would see that ending, but I did.
And only 5 hours a day, I have finished it this Sunday, easy as making cake.

Macceh^
Jun 13th, 2002, 01:58 PM
quality ending eh m8 :E

Indrid Cold
Jun 14th, 2002, 01:57 AM
FF IIV Is the best!!! I like that game. Better than other ff games.