PDA

View Full Version : Boogiepop Phantom: is there a storyline in it?

Hylas
Jun 4th, 2002, 07:16 PM
I've started watching the fisrt 4 Episodes of this series and it's one of the most freaky anime I've seen in my life!
It's only 12 episodes, so I guess 4 of them (that is exactly 1/3 of the series) is enough to declare that I don't think this anime has a storyline! Is it all like that or do we have the opportunity to know what's going on later? o_O;

I like it anyway, but I'm not sure I'm really understanding what the author wanted to show to the audience...

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 4th, 2002, 10:19 PM
Is it well drawn ?!?

Hylas
Jun 4th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Do you know Lain? The drawing style is really similar to the one of Lain. BTW, here's a link Fortune gave me. there are some pics from the artbook scanned, so you can say if it looks good for you or not ;)

Boogiepop Scans (http://www.john.trev.org/boogiepop/galleriesartbook.html)

Qjij_jijQ
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:10 AM
That's not half bad ! :)

Can you tell me a littl' bit about the story ?
I know you say there doesn't seem to be any plot, but what have you seen yet ?

Beretta55
Jun 5th, 2002, 06:16 AM
it looks alright but to me the name doesnt even make sense.

Pu the Owl
Jun 7th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Hylas, Boogiepop has not a "storyline" in the traditional sense of the word. It's focused on the perception every character involved in the series has of certain events. That's why we see several times the same scene from different points of view, that's why there's not a linear plot to follow and everything seems very confusing in it. I've seen 8 episodes of it and it's more or less like you said for the fist 4 episodes. I think many people don't like it above all because there's not a straight story to follow. And yes, it's freaky, sometimes even more than Lain :shock: