PDA

View Full Version : **beware**

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 29th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Currently I was playing my PS2 and my disc's werent working. It read disk read error. So I called up Sony and they told me it was my gameshark that did it. Did anyone else have the same problem with theirs?

IcyMourdor
Jan 29th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Sorry, man. Can't help you there. I don't own a gameshark for the ps2. Try checking the codes and make sure they were put in right. That's the only thing I can think of.

BowevelJoe
Jan 30th, 2002, 08:04 AM
bah, Sony blames everything on Gameshark hah, i dunno man, its never given me an error like that. Id check the codes and see if they are faulty or if they're the real things...

Soul Angel
Jan 30th, 2002, 08:59 AM
I don't think it is your gameshark, because my PS2 does that sometimes and I don't even use a gameshark!

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 30th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Does it read the cd's if the game shark is not used?

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 30th, 2002, 06:55 PM
At first it was an occasional ordeal, but then one night, just stopped, nothing would work, with it in or out. occasionally the Ps2 wouldn't even recognize that a disk was inside.

Cannibal Clown
Jan 30th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Once I put one of the PSx game sharks in there because i was playing an old game, and the PS2 began to act really wierd, like a slow computer when the server's busy. So I took it out and never tried putting it in again.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 30th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Well i had that problem and it had nothin to do with game shark.My ps2 overheated and burned out my optical lens so it gave me a continous disc read error.Heres a question did your ps2 ever shut off in a middle of a game and have a red falshing light,if it did thats a sign of what happened to me

MakgSnake
Jan 31st, 2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Well i had that problem and it had nothin to do with game shark.My ps2 overheated and burned out my optical lens so it gave me a continous disc read error.Heres a question did your ps2 ever shut off in a middle of a game and have a red falshing light,if it did thats a sign of what happened to me
How The Hell That Happened? What Did U Do? Where Did U Go Wrong.....I Mean...... What Made That Happen? Please Tell Me!.! I Dont Wanna Do The Same Mistake!.! Thank You!

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 31st, 2002, 06:44 PM
No it never did that because I would always turn it off if it felt hot but at first i thought thats what happened because my shelf (where my ps2 sits) is kinda close to a heater so i figured it overheated but the person I called over at Sony said if it did overheat than the PS2 wouldnt even turn on. Did you have to fix your PS2??

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 31st, 2002, 07:40 PM
Ok heres the story.Im playing mgs2 im in the swimming area.I notice the game is getting a little slow and i keep on playing,then bam it shuts off.Red light blinking on the console.I was like what the F**k and then i played again same thing happened.Well the after that day i went to play my ps2 again and it wouldnt play any game and kept showing disc read error.I was kinda of scared now so i look in my manual the red light blinking is telling you your vents are clogged.So i was swearing to myself and then my dad called sony and sent it in.It cost me 125 bucks and they said the cause was heavy dust inside the system that clogged the vents keeping the heat in and burning out my optical eye.Well theres the story

MakgSnake
Feb 1st, 2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
they said the cause was heavy dust inside the system that clogged the vents keeping the heat in and burning out my optical eye.
Is There A Way To Prevent That. Like Didn't They Tell U Anything What U Should Do In the Future....So That Wont Happen Again. Anything?.?

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 1st, 2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Is There A Way To Prevent That. Like Didn't They Tell U Anything What U Should Do In the Future....So That Wont Happen Again. Anything?.? Yep - keep your PS2 clean. Give it a dusting every now and then. It's like anything else, it you don't look after it it will break.

- S

MakgSnake
Feb 2nd, 2002, 03:09 PM
But SSSnake Said His PS2 Had HEAVY DUST INSIDE THE Ps2.......I Seriously Wouldn't Wanna Open My Ps2 Now And Then And Give It A Cleaning Like That!.! Noway!.!

As For Dusting The Extrerior.....That I Do Daily Of My Room, So...I Am Sure That Wont Be A Problem.

But Opening It And All.........Not Too Sure About That!.! :rolleyes:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:50 AM
Ok heres what i do ok.Take a can of pressurized air blow out the vents then after that get a cd lens cleaner and pop it in your ps2 and walla a quick clean is done

kamari-ice
Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:11 PM
Well thats the problem, the vents are cloged.
My friend has a ps2 and thats what he did.
He used a presurrized blower, and it worked.

Zelgadis
Feb 5th, 2002, 05:27 AM
well huh lucky me lmao when i 1st bought my ps2 i put it by heater it was 2 days by heater then i was like lets see what does this menu says so i just checke out menu that comse with ps2 its says dont put it close 2 heater and that means ya havent even take a look at menu so :P

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 09:33 PM
ive never even seen a game shark in the stores

busty
Mar 5th, 2002, 08:16 AM
here's another way of cleaning your ps2's vents.use a vacuum cleaner and put it at it's lowest and walla! all the dust is gone.
and for that gameshark problem i've never seen a gameshark for ps2 before but i have action replay and what happend to u happened exactly to me.And what i discovered is that my aaction replay was scratched from inside.So i bought a new one and it worked.
Hope that helps