PDA

View Full Version : MOH Frontline...my first impressions

Sleazy P Martini
May 31st, 2002, 04:20 PM
I just rented the game tonight and let me say fans of the series will not be disappointed. The games starts out in a scene right out of Saving Private Ryan, and the action is intense. The graphics are excellent with random explosions hitting the beach mixed with machine gun trails coming from the bunkers. This is probably one of the best FPS's I've ever played on the PS2. And yes, it is completely different from Allied Assault. (I remember SSSnake asking). If you're into war games, don't pass this one up.

Beretta55
May 31st, 2002, 04:37 PM
sweet im trying to play it but blockbuster hasnt got the game in yet so i have to wait.

Mercury Shadow
May 31st, 2002, 05:42 PM
Ditto

MOH Frontline is excellent and I just played it today with my friends. Ohhh man, the explosions, the sounds, the nazis screaming in german... :D I can't wait till June 6th when it's in stores.

Sleazy P Martini
May 31st, 2002, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
I can't wait till June 6th when it's in stores.

It's not in stores yet? It is here in Canada. One of my friends already got his copy.

Uchiha Sasuke
May 31st, 2002, 07:59 PM
Yeah i saw the game out and if its different from allied assault im going to pick it up then

Mercury Shadow
May 31st, 2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

It's not in stores yet? It is here in Canada. One of my friends already got his copy.

Really? I haven't been to the stores yet, but all in magazines they've been saying about how it'll be out the anniversery of D Day (I believe) which is June 6. I'll be going to Funcoland, so I'll see if it's already there.

Esjay
Jun 1st, 2002, 12:02 AM
it sounds great, I'll have to give this one a rent sometime

Andi
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:07 AM

Do you know when it is going to hit the Uk Shelf's?

RufusFF7
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:35 PM
How is Frontline different from AA??? What does frontline do better than AA and vica versa.

Sword 4 Hire
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:42 PM
I just bought this game 2 days ago...good god almighty this game is so awesome! So much detail and it feels so real! I'm not usually into the FPS genre but this game as really opened my eyes...

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by RufusFF7
How is Frontline different from AA??? What does frontline do better than AA and vica versa.

They are completely different games. Different story, different missions. I haven't finished playing Allied Assault but IMO, the missions seem longer in Frontline (anyone else find this?). And they are more fun too. Allied assault is great, but if I had to pick just one I'd go with Frontline.

Mercury Shadow
Jun 1st, 2002, 08:06 PM

IMO, the missions seem longer in Frontline (anyone else find this

Yeah, there are a lot of things to do in your missions. More so than any other mission based FPS. (return to castle wolfenstein, 007, etc.)

RufusFF7
Jun 2nd, 2002, 11:04 AM
Wow... That's cool, i didn't think Frontline was gonna be as good as AA.

Beretta55
Jun 3rd, 2002, 10:25 PM
i rented medal of honer today at blockbuster im so happy i get to play it.

trunks69420
Jun 5th, 2002, 12:58 PM
That game was pretty f-ing awesome!! The first part is like a scene right out of Saving Private Ryan!! The dirt and stuff was flying all around and the gun shaking is soooo realistic. I cant wait to go home and play it some more. I will definitely buy this one!

The only thing that i dont like on the game is the fact that there is no blood! Maybe its just an acquired taste from GTA3:laugh:

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 5th, 2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by goodman
the controls are real bad for this one.

I found them ok. You know you can fully customize them don't you?

PS2Guy2002
Jun 5th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Man, I think this game is AMAZING!! Of course, I had all the other games and they were great.....but this is by far my fav. Expecially, the D-Day level at Omaha Beach....that is one intense level, and it is soo life like....this game to me is just amazing...and well worth the $50!!

PS2Guy2002

Sleazy P Martini
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:08 PM
I finished it in a couple days. Of course my wife was out of town so I played non stop.

PS2Guy2002
Jun 5th, 2002, 08:10 PM
HaHa...sounds good!!But owning all the other ones..... I just had to buy this one....it was almost a instinct!!

PS2Guy2002

RufusFF7
Jun 11th, 2002, 01:47 PM
I just got this game yesterday with the strat. guide from my mom! it was a pleasant surprise.... She gave it to me for my hard work in the weight room. It's an incredible game... I've played through the first 5 missions so far and i'm loving it so much! The missions are a lot better than previous moh missions because there is some really fun things to do in them... Such as: give cover fire for troops on beach, or, provide support fire from the church tower... The objectives are usually alot of fun to do and the setting of the missions are more comfortble and fun the play in than MOH adn MOH:U. I loved those 2 games and frontline is a leap and bound forward. There is more guns, more character models, and even support from planes and friendly troops. The only thing missing is the 2 player mode. I had some fun playing taht with my WW2 buff buddies. But oh well, it's no biggie...

RobHardo
Jun 12th, 2002, 03:29 PM
I just beat the game today and i hav ehad it for 2 weeks and i is awesome!!!