PDA

View Full Version : ff10 stupidly short!?

Macceh^
May 30th, 2002, 03:42 PM
well is it?

IcyMourdor
May 30th, 2002, 05:04 PM
Well, it took me a good 50 hours to get everything. It does seem shorter because the game just has a smooth flow.

Sword 4 Hire
May 30th, 2002, 06:50 PM
It's very long if you go for all the side missions

Sleazy P Martini
May 30th, 2002, 07:01 PM
By the time I was finished, I had over 100 hrs in it. Of course I spent a lot of time exploring and leveling up my characters.

Infernal Mass
May 30th, 2002, 10:54 PM
If you want it to be yes FF10 can be short, i take my time with most every game i play. if i feel i'm going to fast i start over..kinda odd, but i think of every game as a sort of experiance. I like to enjoy them, unlock everything etc.

Beretta55
May 30th, 2002, 11:03 PM
hey i have had it since it came out and i have not beaten cause i dont play the game alot.

happy_doughnut
May 30th, 2002, 11:38 PM
Yeah, like Kabuki said, it can be if you want. However, if you do all the sidequests and stuff, it'll certainly take you much longer. It took me a good 100 hourse to get everything. Of course, because I spent so much time leveling up, the final boss died in 2 hits. That sucked :disturb:

Macceh^
Jun 1st, 2002, 11:20 AM
aye i take my time to but i just heard of alot of reviews and mates that its extremely short.

RufusFF7
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:07 PM
Of course, because I spent so much time leveling up, the final boss died in 2 hits. That sucked

How could that be? Braska has two forms, you could kill his first form in one hit.... But the second one has 120,000 hp and i thought the strongest attack could only take 99,999... Right? That would be 3 hits... lol, i'm an idiot.

happy_doughnut
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:15 PM
No...well, I don't know :roll: Maybe it was 3... my point was that it died was too fast! It was a big dissapointment. *thinks* All I remember was using Auron's Tornado attack, and Tidus' Blitz Ace and it was gone...tsk tsk.

RufusFF7
Jun 1st, 2002, 05:22 PM
Haha... i'm too lazy to build up my characters, ad complete all the sidequests... So the battle with braska's final Aeon was a tough one for me... I had to use Anima and the Magus Sisters to beat him... If it wasn't for them i would lose. The hidden summons were the only sidequests i went on.

Lost_myth
Jun 1st, 2002, 07:00 PM
i'm lazy cause i don't feel like playing cause i'm stuck and all

jenova_jeb
Jun 2nd, 2002, 06:18 AM
It's not any shorter than the other FFs.

RufusFF7
Jun 2nd, 2002, 10:46 AM
Well it takes a shorter time to go through the whole story than most FF's, but it makes up for it with lots of sidequests n stuff... and ya gotta get some secret stuff and build up your characters if you wanna beat the final aeon, so i would agree that FF10 is no shorter than the other FF's.

Lost_myth
Jun 2nd, 2002, 04:48 PM
I couldn't manage to beat that blue butterfly side thingy, when you are going to stop yuna from marring Seymour. What was the treasure for that anyway?

BlackThornn
Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:44 AM
It's not any shorter than any other FF if you do every side quest availiable.. I think the main factor in having people think it's short is the fact that there is only one disc. We've grown too used to having our epic Final Fantasies chopped up into easy-to-identify segments that FF10's smoothness caught us all off gaurd.. IMO this isn't exactly good, but hey. I'm just kind of a traditionalist when it comes to stuff like that. :D

MODERATE SPOLIER!

..It might not have been "stupidly short"... but IMO it was stupidly depressing. A sad movie is one thing but after you put all that work and time into the character you want to see stuff work out, damnit.. >_< That is what annoyed me and turned me off from replaying the game and stomping the hell out of it. The seeming futility.

(/spoiler)

Lost_myth
Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:03 PM
The graphics are amazing. I'm sure you'll love it. It's a little stupid at times because of the characters, but other then that it's just fine. Enjoy! :peoples:

RufusFF7
Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:38 PM
It's a little stupid at times because of the characters

Are you talking about the voice acting.... Cus yeah it was a little weird at times... But of course that's gonna happen cus it was square's first try at voice acting and it's a long game to put voices to.

RufusFF7
Jun 4th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Ive had a four cd boxed set of music from FFX since last summer, its some of the finer game music ive ever heard.

That's cool... But, where did that come from... It's off topic. :roll:

Lost_myth
Jun 4th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by RufusFF7

Are you talking about the voice acting.... Cus yeah it was a little weird at times... But of course that's gonna happen cus it was square's first try at voice acting and it's a long game to put voices to.

Actually no, was referring to how they laughed strangly. But the voice acting was ok. Their facial expressions, I wish were better.

RufusFF7
Jun 4th, 2002, 09:58 PM
Yes that laughing is so annoying and fake... That part of the game is awkward.

jenova_jeb
Jun 5th, 2002, 09:38 AM
It was weird, but it was kinda've funny.

:D

BlackThornn
Jun 5th, 2002, 11:11 AM
2 points where the laughing drove me nuts..

Tidus and Yuna standing over Luca going "ah-ha-ha-ha". I had to mute the TV it annoyed me so much. -_-

In the beginning, when Wakka is in the first temple, he goes "AHAHAHAHA", when the animation goes on for like ten seconds after that.. What the hell? It's called quality control, Squaresoft. -_-

I don't think that the Voice Acting was bad, in most cases.. Don't get me wrong there were some ridiculously cartoony voices in there that I abhored, but for the major characters they were mostly good. Seymour, Wakka and Rikku being my favorites. MOSTLY it was the Voice Direction that sucked, along with the synchronization with the characters on screen. That coupled with those "trademark" overdramatic gestures that used to set the mood for text in FF made it seem painfully akward. (Tidus was far too squeaky voiced for me, and yuna just seemed utterly fake at times.. so they're down near the lower end of the VA acting quality list for me.)

Indrid Cold
Jun 14th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Well not really, but i didn't like the story.