PDA

View Full Version : Ico 2...

Mercury Shadow
May 29th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Unfortunitely, Ico will not have a sequel. I'm Sad about that... but read this article to be happy again! This is the Gossip column in OPM, so some of it could be crap, but I believe 'em --->

"Only 70,000 of you bought Ico. What a crying shame. What were you all thinking? More than 10 times that number of you have splashed out for the awful State of Emergency- in a tenth of the time, too. There's no accounting for taste. Anyway, due to the fact that many of you weren't interested in playing something genuienly new and different, plans for a sequel to Ico have been scrapped. Thanks a bunch. The development team is instead working on a completely new franchise that tackles some of the same themes. If they had any commercial sense and no creative instincts, they'd obviously ditch all that touchy feely crap and make a game where you run around hitting people with telephone boxes or something. Thank goodness they're artists, tough- and I for one can't wait to see what theyre working on. Members of the team were recently spotted at the Grand Canyon gathering images for research."

For those of you who didn't feel like reading that article, pretty much there's no Ico 2 because of poor sales, but there will be a whole new game from the creators. It's auctually a relief to see an entire new idea instead of more sequels (although sequels are great most of the time).

R.I.P Ico & Yorda :D

merylsilverburg
May 29th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Man, I'm disappointed too. :( I love ICO.......I'm actually playing it again because I finally got another PS2! *celebrates* Even though there's going to be another game from the same creators....it won't be the same as the beautiful ICO. Ah...oh well. I guess we'll just have to enjoy what we have. :weep:

Beretta55
May 29th, 2002, 06:57 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO two hours later NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry i had to get that out of the way but no ico 2 thats it im going on a rampage.

Hadoken
May 29th, 2002, 09:00 PM
I rented ICO back when it first came out. couldnt get into it much. so i didnt quite enjoy it.
i hope they make sumthing good.
btw, speaking of ICO...
hehe (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-09-28&res=l)

Mercury Shadow
May 30th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Haha, yeah Hadoken, I've seen that cartoon. Penny Arcade is funny as hell!